V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9788 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  15:45:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Consensus edging ever closer...

Regardless of who is making personal insults, let's leave them out. It doesn't do anything except lower the tone and reputation of this forum, and doesn't do anything to raise the tone or reputation of those making the insults.

We can all find links to suit our arguments, and for every "John Howard was Australia's greatest Prime Minister" there will be one saying the exact opposite - or at least something like the one REM quoted, about "being asleep at the wheel". I remember when some journal somewhere declared Wayne Swan "The World's greatest Treasurer", at the same time there were plenty of other journals saying the opposite. Maybe one day we'll convince each other of whatever point we're making, and one day we will reach consensus - on something... anything.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  17:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

so keeping them in Afghanistan is a good thing since the ALP supported it ?

not at all

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  18:20:57  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Consensus edging ever closer...

Regardless of who is making personal insults, let's leave them out. It doesn't do anything except lower the tone and reputation of this forum, and doesn't do anything to raise the tone or reputation of those making the insults.

I'm sure we all appreciate the irony of the statement.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9788 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  18:27:38  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Only you, Albie - but nice of you to join in again.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  18:40:20  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

1 million deaths now....in an illegal war....based on what was known to be a lie.....memorable...certainly,....action and legacy of a greatest ever leader .....not by my count

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/30164-report-shows-us-invasion-occupation-of-iraq-left-1-million-dead

So Kim Beazley supported the "illegal" war too? Got it

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  19:12:17  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If given the choice, I do not believe any of the last 3 or 4 Prime Ministers would have supported going to war in either IRAQ or AFGANISTAN.

Our alliancse with the USA and UK decided that for us, not the individuals involved.

There are far reaching reasons why we have gotten involved in the conflicts in these regions, stuff that we will never really be told, and too be honest, I do not agree with our involvement, but I do not know all the facts and its not my decision to make anyway.

Its not a labor or Liberal thing at all!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  21:42:01  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Only you, Albie - but nice of you to join in again.

Could be right, You've never made a personal attack or sarcastic quip have you Zac?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9788 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  21:54:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Many less than you - but who's counting?
General Libs vs ALP, Albie.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  00:07:43  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Many less than you - but who's counting?
General Libs vs ALP, Albie.

Obviously, you are.

Funny thing about me posting anything Libs vs ALP you come in and attack me.

_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 15 Apr 2015 00:08:11
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  06:32:15  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

If given the choice, I do not believe any of the last 3 or 4 Prime Ministers would have supported going to war in either IRAQ or AFGANISTAN.

Our alliancse with the USA and UK decided that for us, not the individuals involved.

There are far reaching reasons why we have gotten involved in the conflicts in these regions, stuff that we will never really be told, and too be honest, I do not agree with our involvement, but I do not know all the facts and its not my decision to make anyway.

Its not a labor or Liberal thing at all!!

You're almost certainly right. Our alliance with the US is pretty much vital to our freedom. Not that most ALP (Australia's Laziest Poofters) ****wits would admit that.

Thousands of American soldiers died to keep the Japanese from invading us. Meanwhile out wonderful waterfront unions refused to load US ships going to fight at Guadalcanal, because it was raining. The marines had to load their own ships, while our wonderful trade unionists sat on their arses. Must make the ALP ****wits proud eh?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  08:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ohhhhh, you are going to get a yellow box Karter, just like I did, but I think you should get 2 coz yours is worse than mine

And did you know that I know quite a number of Liberal and National Party voters who are Unionists, in fact one NP voter mate of mine was a Union delegate and quite a radical one at that. I know this might shock you, but it is a fact.

Convince me of the point of how going into Iraq or Afghanistan is going to help us, if you want to see how the Yanks repay us read the ****en Howard Free Trade Agreement with the Americans and see how they repay us, but raping and pillaging - yeah great

and because you bag out Unionist, I hope you don't take annual leave, sick leave, collect on the compulsory superannuation, get paid penalties for Good Friday, ANZAC day, Christmas day, as for the Labor Party I hope you don't sponge off Medicare and that you make a point of paying full tilt and not claiming back the levy and of course you don't try to minimise your tax bill each year - yeah right, ****en hypocrite

As for Unions, what is wrong with standing up for those who can't or won't voice their opposition for fear of reprisal, it is the Aussie way you know, to support your mates. Are you a member of the Masons, Apex, Rotary coz that is what they do and that is what we do in Australia

I think I am going to start calling you Andrew (Bolt) or Gerard (Henderson) from now on

Edited by - Trev on 15 Apr 2015 08:42:33
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  08:33:31  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm thinking that this thread should be temporarily locked so you guys can have a "little think" about what and how you are posting...
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  10:44:16  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Genuine question, just out of curiosity: has a Labour government ever turned in a balanced budget? I know Keating talked about it once, but it turned out not to be. Has any of them actually managed not to spend more than they earned?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  12:56:31  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Genuine question, just out of curiosity: has a Labour government ever turned in a balanced budget? I know Keating talked about it once, but it turned out not to be. Has any of them actually managed not to spend more than they earned?

Not that I am aware of or if they have they have needed to loan money in order to do it.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  13:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

diversionary tactic?
Are you going to answer my questions listed above

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.98 seconds.