V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Apr 2015 :  07:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I did say "many apply here" not all, or did you miss that bit?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Apr 2015 :  09:46:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They breed them a bit weird in WA politics.

WA premier Colin Barnett has come and said that the Eastern states must help WA out of their money troubles seeing as they helped with financial aid for the Black Saturday fires.

The spat over GST has turned ugly as Western Australia Premier Colin Barnett says his state's assistance during Black Saturday is a reason Victoria should not oppose a freeze to the west's GST share.

The comments have enraged Victoria's Premier Daniel Andrews who is calling for an immediate apology.

Ahead of the Council of Australian Governments in Canberra, Mr Barnett has been campaigning for a freeze in the state's GST share, which is due to drop to a return of 30 cents for every dollar collected.

WA State Premier Colin Barnett says Victoria should be thankful his state helped during Black Saturday
WA State Premier Colin Barnett says Victoria should be thankful his state helped during Black Saturday Photo: sourced
Victoria has attacked the freeze, with Mr Andrews recently accusing the WA government of spending like "drunken sailors".

Advertisement

Speaking on 6PR radio in Perth, Mr Barnett accused the Victorian government of forgetting Western Australian help in the aftermath of the deadly bushfire which killed 173 people.

"When Victoria has those tragic fires a few years back. WA was the first state and the most generous to provide financial assistance. Perhaps the new Treasurer has a short memory or is not aware," Mr Barnett said.

An angry Premier Daniel Andrews hit back, saying the comments were disgusting.

"How the Western Australian Premier could use the aftermath of the worst disaster in Australian history, which claimed the lives of 173 people, as an 'I owe you' - is beyond comprehension,' Mr Andrews said.
"His comments are disgusting and on behalf of all Victorians, I ask him to apologise immediately."

Premiers, Chief Ministers and the Prime Minister are due to meet in Canberra on Friday.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gst-barnett-invokes-black-saturday-help-20150416-1mmaym.html
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  08:17:04  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I will say again, what is so wrong with Unions, most of the working conditions you currently enjoy are a result of Union work, yes at times they step over the mark

All conditions enjoyed by workers have been fought for bu Unions AND agreed to by Businesses, this doesn't happen without the employers sign-off, so if employers are unhappy then they need to look in a mirror and condemn themselves for maybe being a bit too weak

Generally people who are Union employees have been workers in the industry, they are fighters for what is perceived to be right, they are seasoned negotiators, they care about their fellow humans and fight tenaciously for what is right - are you this kind of person Bundy or something a bit weaker? Are you the person who sits back and whinges and whines but does **** all when it all comes down to it?

Why don't you condemn employer organsiations, they can be just as radical (to the right), I know lets out them for all their rorting

I thinking the greatest karma event of all time was the ICAC in NSW, set up by the Liberals to expose Labor and took more Liberals including the Premier for shonky behaviour - LOL

From an American website and many apply here
quote:
Did you know that labor unions made the following 36 things possible?

Weekends without work
All breaks at work, including your lunch breaks
Paid vacation
Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Sick leave
Social Security
Minimum wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII - prohibits employer discrimination
8-hour work day
Overtime pay
Child labor laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40-hour work week
Workers' compensation (workers' comp)
Unemployment insurance
Pensions
Workplace safety standards and regulations
Employer health care insurance
Collective bargaining rights for employees
Wrongful termination laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
Whistleblower protection laws
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) - prohibits employers from using a lie detector test on an employee
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and evaluations (i.e. raises)
Sexual harassment laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday pay
Employer dental, life, and vision insurance
Privacy rights
Pregnancy and parental leave
Military leave
The right to strike
Public education for children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 - requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work
Laws ending sweatshops in the United States

============================================================
EDIT:

found this on an American forum - interesting

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/public-concern-over-the-transpacific-partnership-trade-deal-mounts-20150416-1mmhwt.html

You mentioned my name?

Yeah I think unions have a role to play in the workplace - they shouldn't overplay their hand or abuse their power though such an misusing union members' money, branch stacking, secret funneling of money to the Labor party, unnecessary strike action etc

And for the record my old man used to work for a union.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 18 Apr 2015 08:19:53
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  13:23:56  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds like the Business Council and the Liberal party, Developers and the Liberal Party, The IPA and the Liberal Party...

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  14:43:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 19 Apr 2015 13:38:35
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  14:59:02  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

WA premier Colin Barnett has come and said that the Eastern states must help WA out of their money troubles seeing as they helped with financial aid for the Black Saturday fires.

The spat over GST has turned ugly as Western Australia Premier Colin Barnett says his state's assistance during Black Saturday is a reason Victoria should not oppose a freeze to the west's GST share.

The comments have enraged Victoria's Premier Daniel Andrews who is calling for an immediate apology.

Ahead of the Council of Australian Governments in Canberra, Mr Barnett has been campaigning for a freeze in the state's GST share, which is due to drop to a return of 30 cents for every dollar collected.

WA State Premier Colin Barnett says Victoria should be thankful his state helped during Black Saturday
WA State Premier Colin Barnett says Victoria should be thankful his state helped during Black Saturday Photo: sourced
Victoria has attacked the freeze, with Mr Andrews recently accusing the WA government of spending like "drunken sailors".

Advertisement

Speaking on 6PR radio in Perth, Mr Barnett accused the Victorian government of forgetting Western Australian help in the aftermath of the deadly bushfire which killed 173 people.

"When Victoria has those tragic fires a few years back. WA was the first state and the most generous to provide financial assistance. Perhaps the new Treasurer has a short memory or is not aware," Mr Barnett said.

"How the Western Australian Premier could use the aftermath of the worst disaster in Australian history, which claimed the lives of 173 people, as an 'I owe you' - is beyond comprehension,' Mr Andrews said.
"His comments are disgusting and on behalf of all Victorians, I ask him to apologise immediately."

Premiers, Chief Ministers and the Prime Minister are due to meet in Canberra on Friday.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gst-barnett-invokes-black-saturday-help-20150416-1mmaym.html

WA can go get stuffed, for years they have been telling us east coasters how rich they are and rubbing our faces in it, all that money they have earnt has now deserted them because they have wasted it when they should have been using it to prepare the state for a financial downturn that everybody except WA saw coming!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Apr 2015 :  06:58:52  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So you mean like not having huge budget deficits?
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 23 Apr 2015 :  21:17:55  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Advertisement

WA can go get stuffed, for years they have been telling us east coasters how rich they are and rubbing our faces in it, all that money they have earnt has now deserted them because they have wasted it when they should have been using it to prepare the state for a financial downturn that everybody except WA saw coming!!

Imagine getting a 30c return on GST, wherever your from. Heck even if Iron ore was $300 not $50ish it would still be ****ty.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  03:38:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
don't forget the royalties they have been getting while the price was sky high, bloody crying over GST coz they didn't bank the money from the boom

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  08:41:56  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So state governments should bank the money, but federal governments should spend like crazy?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  09:43:21  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
depends on the circumstances, I am not sure W.A. needed to respond to the GFC in a way the Federal Government did/are required to, I am pretty sure ALL the State Governments were looking to the Feds for leadership at the time, but you knew that already right?

===========================================================

EDIT:

Oh sorry, I forgot that according to the Liberal mantra the GFC never happened, so forget what I said about the GFC as you don't know what I am talking about

=====================================================

new Edit:

Waiting for the Hockey budget without Hockey, he must be really competent, they don't even need him to promote the cause - LOL

bye bye Joe

This is going to be such a 'suck up' budget it is going to be sickening, they are grasping at anything to stay in power, they are not going to do the right thing for the country, they are going to do the right thing to win the next election, the exact thing they criticised Labor for

I am leaning towards Chirs Bowen as leader, he is smart and articulate without being too negative

--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by - Trev on 11 May 2015 11:56:47
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 14 May 2015 :  07:14:02  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everyone must be happy with the budget then

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 14 May 2015 :  10:00:59  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

Yep, $150000 per electorate is going to go really, really far for infrastructure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/news/federal-budget-2015-mps-given-150000-per-electorate-for-community-infrastructure-projects/story-fngr8gwi-1227352431184

A few MPS have spoken out about Tony's childcare reforms saying that it is unfair that stay at home parents miss out on childcare rebates.

If you're a stay at home parent, why do you need childcare?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 May 2015 :  10:37:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

Yep, $150000 per electorate is going to go really, really far for infrastructure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/news/federal-budget-2015-mps-given-150000-per-electorate-for-community-infrastructure-projects/story-fngr8gwi-1227352431184

A few MPS have spoken out about Tony's childcare reforms saying that it is unfair that stay at home parents miss out on childcare rebates.

If you're a stay at home parent, why do you need childcare?

IMO its about time parents looked after their own kids and live within their means

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  12:21:22  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tony is all for looking after the kids, thats why he doesnt think that grand poobah of kiddy fiddler hiders George Pell doenst need to come back to Australia(Ballarat) to answer his accusers!!

Good one Tony,you bible bashing ****ing hypocrit!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.16 seconds.