V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  19:37:24  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
3 months is all it's taken.
The new Qld gov't has increased motor vehicle rego to be the highest in Australia.
I remember the days when it was the cheapest.
What is their reason for the increase? Increased costs associated with maintaining our roads.
Is the money going to be used for the purpose of covering those costs?
That would be a big, fat, resounding NO according to the Transport Minister.

Qld also had a negative growth of 0.2% for the last 3 months under the previous gov't but this new one has done even better and recorded a negative growth of 0.6%. People mustn't be confident of this new mob.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 23 May 2015 20:19:24
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  20:37:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
they are all the same LG

my mates dad sold his farm in tassie then bought back his old house which he built himself 10years earlier for less money than he sold it for

why ?...well according to the tasmanians the greens/alp have stopped all industry so people have had to move to the mainland

we can bitch and moan about libs/alp/greens but I cant think of ANY current government who is doing a good job or any good opposition

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  08:03:57  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agree wholeheartedly!
They all pretend they're for this or that but in reality the only ones they are in it for are themselves!

Maybe I should go in for politics - at the very least I'd have a job for 3 years if I was successful!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11166 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  09:03:35  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry
Maybe I should go in for politics - at the very least I'd have a job for 3 years if I was successful!

Won't happen. Too logical and too people minded.
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  09:09:15  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Give it go LG. At worst you get access to your lifetime pension early and get a Gold Card which opens a whole new world of entitlements.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  09:16:26  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that's all changed Darren.
Besides I have the wrong views - I don't believe in supporting dole bludgers for starters...
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  12:10:53  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

3 months is all it's taken.
The new Qld gov't has increased motor vehicle rego to be the highest in Australia.
I remember the days when it was the cheapest.
What is their reason for the increase? Increased costs associated with maintaining our roads.
Is the money going to be used for the purpose of covering those costs?
That would be a big, fat, resounding NO according to the Transport Minister.

Qld also had a negative growth of 0.2% for the last 3 months under the previous gov't but this new one has done even better and recorded a negative growth of 0.6%. People mustn't be confident of this new mob.

Not technically correct LG.

They have increased the rego level by 3% but still have Compulsary third party under control.

As an example of the biased viewpoints of the editor and reporter of that actual report, if I was to have my Nissan Navara 2.5Td registered in NSW it would cost me just over $1200 rego and CTP, as its registered in QLD, it costs me $648 rego and CTP, my Rodeo as a V6 costs me $863 rego and ctp in QLD, $1292 in NSW?

See where I am coming from?

My 5 registered motorcycles cost me approx $1600 rego and ctp all combined, just one of my 1000cc+ bikes would cost me over a $1000 in NSW, by itself!!

The article is a lie, and I have 8 registrations and CTPs to prove it!!

Also, while we are on it, low income earners are going to get screwed by Abbotts budget, the fine print is just getting deciphered now, and for all those waiting for some 'pocket pain' relief from Tony, dont hold your breath because most of the changes dont come in to effect until July 1, 2017!! 2 ****ing tears away!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  13:08:32  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry M but it is technically correct - rego is increasing in cost to be the dearest in the country!

...and as for CTP, just give them time.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 24 May 2015 13:09:55
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  16:35:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
NSW Rego has gone up as well.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  23:21:03  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Sorry M but it is technically correct - rego is increasing in cost to be the dearest in the country!

...and as for CTP, just give them time.

True, but you cant have one without the other. I see they failed to detail the massive difference in CTP we pay compared to all bar Victoria, which is significantly lower than any of the others from what I know.

Selective journalism is so ugly, and sadly a part of any Murdoch controlled media!

It would be nice to see labor do something in Queensland, but dont hold your breath, they dont have a clue what they need too do!!

They have at least stopped slashing services and jobs, which is a good thing I suppose!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  19:07:47  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/sydney-siege-man-monis-letter-not-threatening-george-brandis/6502582

What a ****ing slimeball Brandis is! He received a letter from the Siege madman and did NOTHING.

He needs to resign for his total and abject failure in protecting the community.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  19:32:08  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/sydney-siege-man-monis-letter-not-threatening-george-brandis/6502582

What a ****ing slimeball Brandis is! He received a letter from the Siege madman and did NOTHING.

He needs to resign for his total and abject failure in protecting the community.

Both Labor and Liberal Governments received letters from Monis and both handled them in exactly the same fashion. Blinkers!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9788 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  21:08:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Man Monis sent similar letters to Mark Dreyfus when he was A-G, and Dreyfus did nothing either. Probably because (like George Brandis) he never saw Monis' letters. Such letters are handled by staff in the department, which makes it strange that Dreyfus would raise it as an issue now.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 May 2015 :  08:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Throwing darts from the sideline is easy, just ask Abbott and Pyne, they did a Masters in it when in opposition

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 May 2015 :  08:35:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Throwing darts from the sideline is easy, just ask Abbott and Pyne, they did a Masters in it when in opposition

OMFG !!!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 15.17 seconds.