V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  21:16:42  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy

It's quite ironic that you are complaining about this 'gathering of LNP supporters' that have occured in this thread when you and the mistruths that you were alleging were the reason why it was created in the first place!!

So now I'm resposible for what other post on here? Nice try Bundy, but you have failed again.

The 'gathering of LNP supporters', as you say, only appeared because neither you or any one of the other Labor tragics would respond to Rabbits setting the record straight on asylum seekers.

@ em, 1675 in the first 6 months is still way too many compared to how much the intake was when Howard was in charge. But I certainly don't think they should be just let in, even if only a handful of them become dole-buldgers.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  21:40:20  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The boat people are more palatable than some of the **** that call's itself Australian that you see walking/stumbling/driving around!!

At least the boaties have a purpose in life, working to feed their families, unlike half of the low-lifes my taxes are paying to keep!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  21:49:42  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

The boat people are more palatable than some of the **** that call's itself Australian that you see walking/stumbling/driving around!!

At least the boaties have a purpose in life, working to feed their families, unlike half of the low-lifes my taxes are paying to keep!!

Neither ones you mention are people I particularly care for too much!!

But I would rather keep our financial welfare burden down to as much as possible and the only way is to keep out the ones that aren't by birth or citzenship rightly entitled to our taxes which are the boaties!!

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  06:04:25  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can I just point out, again, that I am not particularly bothered either way with the intake debate - that wasn't the point of getting into this - my point was that, when in opposition, the ALP have gobbed off over us spending $165m a year and said they could do it for $35m at Villawood.....

They tried and that $35m has become $800m a year within 3 years.
Quality management.

'Couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery'
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  06:14:20  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
what was the "the Pacific Solution"?
was is similar to the "The Final Solution"

_Mvolvo

Edited by - falcon_cobra on 16 Dec 2011 07:09:25
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  08:07:26  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The cost of the boat people is far less than these lowlife politicians after they got their 40K payrise last night.

Watching former politicians justifying the rise this morning on TV just about made me sick!!

Their argument consists of paying people what they are worth in their positions: hang on, these people didn't get the jobs because they where qualified, they got it through a compulsary voting system for candidates they where popular, and far from the best peopole for the job!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  18:41:41  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When Julia Gillard hasn't done anything special, why should she get a pay rise?

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  20:43:18  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

Can I just point out, again, that I am not particularly bothered either way with the intake debate - that wasn't the point of getting into this - my point was that, when in opposition, the ALP have gobbed off over us spending $165m a year and said they could do it for $35m at Villawood.....

Quality management.

So you're going back atleast 5 years. Alot has happend in that time. While it cost 800 mill at Villawood. It's going to take more than a billion to reopen and operate Nauru.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 16 Dec 2011 :  22:19:41  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Quality management.

So you're going back atleast 5 years. Alot has happend in that time. While it cost 800 mill at Villawood. It's going to take more than a billion to reopen and operate Nauru.

Not wrong there...caused by the greater numbers that have come under this Government

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  08:54:20  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, I am going back 5 years- back to when it cost $165m to process the boat people...and only ONE thing has happened in that time - Rudd canned the PS - THAT action ALONE has lead to the costs being $800 MILLION a year NOW - and growing......with the total cost now being over a BILLION per year to process everyone.

What would be wrong with taking ONE YEAR'S costs in order to have costs drop back to that level? Probably only one thing, actually - thanks to Rudd and the ALP, there's now too many people...

Was that clear enough? Because I'll be buggered if you seem to be catching onto the maths involved....
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  09:39:05  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
are there any figures on how many people were processed through the pacific Solution?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  13:43:46  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Boaties still cost less than our pollies to feed a year and they are more productive................................

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  14:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Pacific Solution (of sorts) could have been back on, but Abbott has to stick to principle regardles of cost, so now the boaties are on their way. He knew labor needed their support to get boaties stopped, but no, not Abbott, it is just a big fat NO to everything regardless of the outcome, he is a ****er, he is prepared to sink the ship on principle, he is a walking disaster, how you could support him or his cronies is absolutely beyond me, he is a "glass half empty" person, full stop

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  14:47:46  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

The Pacific Solution (of sorts) could have been back on, but Abbott has to stick to principle regardles of cost, so now the boaties are on their way. He knew labor needed their support to get boaties stopped, but no, not Abbott, it is just a big fat NO to everything regardless of the outcome, he is a ****er, he is prepared to sink the ship on principle, he is a walking disaster, how you could support him or his cronies is absolutely beyond me, he is a "glass half empty" person, full stop

At least he's consistent Trev.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  19:56:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy

Not wrong there...caused by the greater numbers that have come under this Government

Greater numbers? Rabs graph shoots you down.

quote:

Yes, I am going back 5 years- back to when it cost $165m to process the boat people...and only ONE thing has happened in that time - Rudd canned the PS - THAT action ALONE has lead to the costs being $800 MILLION a year NOW - and growing......with the total cost now being over a BILLION per year to process everyone.

What would be wrong with taking ONE YEAR'S costs in order to have costs drop back to that level? Probably only one thing, actually - thanks to Rudd and the ALP, there's now too many people...

Was that clear enough? Because I'll be buggered if you seem to be catching onto the maths involved....

Why won't you acknowledge that reopening Nauru will cost more than onshore processing NOW!

The Libs have admitted it.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 17 Dec 2011 20:02:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8 seconds.