V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  18:00:13  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Are there any nice billionaires in touch with the general population? I thought Robert Holmes a'Court came pretty close, but none of the recent ones - and certainly none of the recent fat ones.

How about Rupert? Did you watch him give his evidence at the Leveson Inquiry? How do you think he comes across? And no, sorry disappoint u trev clive won't be pre-selected anytime soon...

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  18:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't reckon he will be pre-selected either

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  18:46:13  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol and people complained when Swann took a strip out of the billionare miners for their babyish whinging about tax. Now just look what intelligent thing Clive Palmer is doing with his $$$

http://www.smh.com.au/business/clive-palmer-plans-to-build-titanic-ii-20120430-1xtrc.html

quote:
Queensland billionaire mining magnate Clive Palmer has unveiled his plans to build the Titanic II to add to his tourism portfolio.

Mr Palmer said his new company Blue Star Line Pty Ltd had commissioned the state-owned Chinese company CSC Jinling Shipyard to build a near replica of the ill-fated Titanic. The cost is unknown.

He made the announcement on the same day he revealed his hopes to contest the next federal election in the Queensland seat of Lilley, held by Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer Wayne Swan.

Titanic 2 Of course it would absolutely destroy the economy to, you know, put that money towards infrastructure or welfare via tax rather than having a ****y recreation of a 100 year old ship that sank mostly because it was badly designed! Not to mention it will be built in China... really helping Aussies there Clive.

He'll probably make it into parliament with those kind of priorities.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  19:08:33  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not quite.

When they're finished building his boat, he'll get them out here to work for next to nothing in one of his coal mines

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  19:33:29  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not that I can see how it would work business wise replicating the Titanic, though I would actually love to see it if done well. He has been a lot more successful in business than myself and no doubt most on here, but gee its from left field...

Can somewhere here in Aus actually build something like the Titanic though 27GV?

Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  20:18:51  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Not that I can see how it would work business wise replicating the Titanic, though I would actually love to see it if done well. He has been a lot more successful in business than myself and no doubt most on here, but gee its from left field...

Can somewhere here in Aus actually build something like the Titanic though 27GV?

They build submarines down your way, don't they Willsy?

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  20:46:53  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It's actually pretty easy to build a boat that sinks Willsy so I'm sure there's some Aussies who could do it!
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  21:39:48  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

It's actually pretty easy to build a boat that sinks Willsy so I'm sure there's some Aussies who could do it!

We can do better than building a vanity project for Mr. Moneybags O'besity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSV-2_Swift

quote:
The ship was constructed by the Australian shipbuilder Incat in Hobart, Tasmania, and was leased to the U.S. Navy through Bollinger/Incat of Lockport, Louisiana.

I hope someone out there is building a replica of the iceberg...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  21:43:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Remember the cat they had running over to East Timor - that was awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  22:09:50  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Palmer has previously had a crack at being pre-selected for a Liberal seat.

He was beaten by........guess who?.........Peter Slipper.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  22:13:32  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Palmer has previously had a crack at being pre-selected for a Liberal seat.

He was beaten by........guess who?.........Peter Slipper.

And I still think Slipper has less dirty laundry than Palmer. Imagine all the conflict of interest and bias investigations, that would cost more than any recent government waste.

Note that the Liberals picked Slipper 9 times in pre-selection. Funny how he is only a "bad man" when he changes sides, desite having a cloud over him since 2003.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 30 Apr 2012 22:47:06
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  07:20:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And I also note with interest that Tony Abbott has distanced himself already from Palmer

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  07:36:23  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One thing you can say about Pie-eater Palmer is that he has vision and some sort of an idea.

You can't say that about Tony Abbott

EDIT

You're all forgetting one thing.
Pie-eater owns the LNP in QLD.
He'll get pre-selection anywhere he wants

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 01 May 2012 07:38:03
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  07:53:39  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
is Clive Palmer a rellie of the fella that had signage on the side of Dick Johnsons car?

_Mvolvo

Edited by - falcon_cobra on 01 May 2012 07:56:48
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  07:57:08  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Palmer Tube Mills? I don't know, but someone will shed some light

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.78 seconds.