V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Jun 2015 :  16:18:27  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This well worth a read..

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2015/06/13/abbotts-war-gillian-triggs/14341176002000#.VXvJPfmqqkp

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Jun 2015 :  18:56:15  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Oh dear. Two hanging judges appear to be coming down on the side of a 'Guilty' verdict for charges made against Tony Abbott. There have been claims made against him, not flatly or unequivocally denied, not yet tested or examined, but the evidence is not looking good. I suggest the only thing to do is to find him guilty as charged. While we're at it, could I humbly submit for Your Honours' joint consideration, charges made against William Richard Shorten, aka Li'l Bill? Claims have been made against him, not flatly or unequivocally denied, not yet tested or examined, but the evidence is not looking good. Maybe if we act quickly, we could speak with the hangman and get a 'Two for the price of one' deal. You could call that "a win-win situation".

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/the-four-questions-bill-shorten-hasnt-answered-on-the-awu-deal-with-builder-20150611-ghlq87.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-11/bill-shorten-defends-winslow-constructors-union-payment-deal/6538744

OTOH, perhaps we should let due process take it's course, and both of these dodgy characters can directly answer questions re the claims made against them (well, I'm an optimist), and we can move onto the next lot of claims. At least Li'l Bill's chant of "I've spent my adult life representing workers and I stand on my record" won't be stuck in the groove again. Don't stand on records, Bill. Does them no good at all.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-13/australia-could-be-accused-of-people-smuggling-lawyer-says/6543446

quote:
Asylum seekers: Australian authorities could be accused of people smuggling over alleged payments, law academic says

Stupid law academics, what do they know about the law...

As for the witchhunt after Bill, the country would be at a standstill if we dug up every questionable thing a pollie did 20 years ago and used it as a diversion. I don't think the public cares as much as knowing their current government is funding people smugglers.

Anyway I thought you Libs supporters whined about pink batts when you wanted something old and irrelevant to distract from the current government breaking the law.

We even got a royal commission into that. I wonder what dirt a royal commission into Abbott's pensions for people smugglers would air.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Jun 2015 :  20:18:48  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The interview between Tony and Neil Mitchell that was shown on the news seemed like a real life Clark and Dawe episode.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  15:14:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Most academics I know, stupid or otherwise, spend a lot of time studying and lecturing, but not a lot of time actually doing. I don't know about Don Rothwell, but the most definitive thing he says in the link you provided is "It's not clear to me at all whether this alleged activity that Australia's engaged in would in any way fit within the framework of the protocol".

By the way, may I ask - are you by chance, a Labor Party Supporter?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 14 Jun 2015 :  18:47:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Oh dear. Two hanging judges appear to be coming down on the side of a 'Guilty' verdict for charges made against Tony Abbott. There have been claims made against him, not flatly or unequivocally denied, not yet tested or examined, but the evidence is not looking good. I suggest the only thing to do is to find him guilty as charged. While we're at it, could I humbly submit for Your Honours' joint consideration, charges made against William Richard Shorten, aka Li'l Bill? Claims have been made against him, not flatly or unequivocally denied, not yet tested or examined, but the evidence is not looking good. Maybe if we act quickly, we could speak with the hangman and get a 'Two for the price of one' deal. You could call that "a win-win situation".

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/the-four-questions-bill-shorten-hasnt-answered-on-the-awu-deal-with-builder-20150611-ghlq87.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-11/bill-shorten-defends-winslow-constructors-union-payment-deal/6538744

OTOH, perhaps we should let due process take it's course, and both of these dodgy characters can directly answer questions re the claims made against them (well, I'm an optimist), and we can move onto the next lot of claims. At least Li'l Bill's chant of "I've spent my adult life representing workers and I stand on my record" won't be stuck in the groove again. Don't stand on records, Bill. Does them no good at all.

Seems you only use facts when they suit your view. I made no comment regarding Abbott guilt or innocence.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  03:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, the question remains unanswered, does Tony Abbott hold dual citizenship? No-one can find out

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  18:29:43  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think a much BIGGER question is if he has been using our hard earned to pay 'criminals' from Indo?

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jun/15/any-payments-to-people-smugglers-may-have-broken-australian-law?CMP=soc_567

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  19:17:45  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Found this classic image on a comedy site:

Says it all

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 15 Jun 2015 19:18:53
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  22:15:26  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

So, the question remains unanswered, does Tony Abbott hold dual citizenship? No-one can find out

People have been on this one for awhile and hit a brick wall when it comes to freedom of information.
Apparently the government won't let it be released

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  22:16:35  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On Abbott and double speak:

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/what-orwell-can-tell-us-about-the-libs,7827

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  23:06:41  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Most academics I know, stupid or otherwise, spend a lot of time studying and lecturing, but not a lot of time actually doing. I don't know about Don Rothwell, but the most definitive thing he says in the link you provided is "It's not clear to me at all whether this alleged activity that Australia's engaged in would in any way fit within the framework of the protocol".

By the way, may I ask - are you by chance, a Labor Party Supporter?

Yawn, more doublespeak. You know better than a guy paid to study the law blah blah.

All we know is, bolded just for you:

Abbott's government refuses to deny giving taxpayers money to criminal people smugglers

If a private individual did that, they'd be in jail.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  06:03:58  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
they are being very careful about their current chant (this Government is very good at developing chants), if you look closely at the words they are using they are hiding stuff

The 'Government' might not have acted outside the law but someone has and the Government is implicated, someone just needs to make the link, they will have used ASIO or that other one I can't remember the name of, knowing full well that no-one will get access to the 'secret' information

And Tony wants to be very careful about the new laws regarding 'dual citizenship', he might find himself expoased

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 16 Jun 2015 06:06:11
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  07:23:11  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How good was Q&A last night.....Triggs was on fire...and Bret Walker's SC line on breaking the law by paying people smugglers "We at least live in a country where superior orders will not be a defence".....says it all.....

Edited by - REM on 16 Jun 2015 07:27:09
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  17:23:24  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Abbott's government refuses to deny giving taxpayers money to criminal people smugglers

Did what? Refuse to deny? Lots of people refuse to deny lots of things. They're not in jail. Maybe you're just a little confused about things. Kevin Rudd didn't go to jail after refusing to confirm or deny various queries relating to people smugglers, nor after saying he wouldn't comment on operational matters. We don't have to agree with it and we don't have to like it - and I would be very unimpressed if anyone in government authorised payments to people smugglers, but refusing to deny is not a criminal offence.

Edited by - Zac on 16 Jun 2015 17:33:50
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 16 Jun 2015 :  18:29:38  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Did what? Refuse to deny? Lots of people refuse to deny lots of things. They're not in jail. Maybe you're just a little confused about things. Kevin Rudd didn't go to jail after refusing to confirm or deny various queries relating to people smugglers, nor after saying he wouldn't comment on operational matters. We don't have to agree with it and we don't have to like it - and I would be very unimpressed if anyone in government authorised payments to people smugglers, but refusing to deny is not a criminal offence.

Smithy posits.....

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/commentisfree/2015/jun/15/paying-people-smugglers-at-what-point-is-it-unacceptable-to-say-nothing-about-the-claims?CMP=soc_567

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.34 seconds.