V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  10:51:50  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

One thing you can say about Pie-eater Palmer is that he has vision and some sort of an idea.

You can't say that about Tony Abbott

EDIT

You're all forgetting one thing.
Pie-eater owns the LNP in QLD.
He'll get pre-selection anywhere he wants

I didn't think you could say something entirely positive about Clive Anyway, it wouldn't surprise if the pre-selectors in Lilley would elect him...his record and achievements speak for themselves. But in saying that there is the other big hurdle in him leaving his financial interests full-time, I can't see him doing that...

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  11:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ross Palmer was the owner of Palmer Tube Mills, not Clive, it took a while for it to come to me

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  11:56:46  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So I see reports in the Media which suggest that Rudd might not be interested in having another tilt because of the drubbing he recieved in that last ballot for leadership...well that is the wrong view IMO as the whole reason he stood and got beaten quite comprehensively (70-30 or thereabouts) was so that he could position himself to have another run 6 or so months down the track when Gillard shows that she can't pick up her ratings...well that 6 months or about September is going to come sooner IMO.

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  13:07:10  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LP11

quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Not that I can see how it would work business wise replicating the Titanic, though I would actually love to see it if done well. He has been a lot more successful in business than myself and no doubt most on here, but gee its from left field...

Can somewhere here in Aus actually build something like the Titanic though 27GV?

They build submarines down your way, don't they Willsy?

Yep, far from the build of the Titanic, but I suppose they both end up with the same result... underwater :)

Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  13:25:34  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking about the theme Titanic, I see that the latest Newspoll results has the Coalition primary the highest it has been for 11 years at 51% compared to Labor's 27%, time to cue the violin players me thinks

Go to Top of Page

lavenlaar
Transporter Driver

Australia
42 Posts
joined 16 Feb 07

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  15:00:15  Show Profile  Visit lavenlaar's Homepage Send lavenlaar a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is the ending of an expose I wrote for the hell of it.

quote:
I predict, Julia “Caesar” Gillard, will fall like that famous politician in Ancient Rome in 44BC, a metaphoric knife in the back if you will, and Mark ‘Antony’ Arbib, will be powerless to save her. One question will remain, who will be the one that makes the first thrust?

WHO IS BRUTUS ?

Well, since I wrote that last year, Mark Arbib is gone.
I predicted Stephen Smith would take the reigns, but after his 'Skype-Gate' fiasco we can rule him out of the leadership. Bill Shorten looks the odds on favourite.

Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  16:09:29  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lavenlaar

This is the ending of an expose I wrote for the hell of it.

quote:
I predict, Julia “Caesar” Gillard, will fall like that famous politician in Ancient Rome in 44BC, a metaphoric knife in the back if you will, and Mark ‘Antony’ Arbib, will be powerless to save her. One question will remain, who will be the one that makes the first thrust?

WHO IS BRUTUS ?

Well, since I wrote that last year, Mark Arbib is gone.
I predicted Stephen Smith would take the reigns, but after his 'Skype-Gate' fiasco we can rule him out of the leadership. Bill Shorten looks the odds on favourite.

Well I predicted Bill Shorten a year ago unlike Rem who believes Combet should be leader

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  16:51:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Predicting who will be and stating who you believe should be give two different answers. Bill Shortened is far better at promoting himself and looking after No.1 than Greg Combet will ever be, and so is more likely to be leader, but IMHO Greg Combet is the more sincere and thinking one, and the one I believe should be. Maybe REM and I have some agreement here.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  17:37:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are all playing with yourseleves if you believe anyone but Gillard will lead them into the next election, that is my prediction, now stop wishing it to happen and focus on the here and now

Did you hear that the Victorian Liberal Party is going to strip the Victorian TAFE sector of millions and millions in tonights budget, here is the Feds trying to promote training in the VET sector and here is Victoria ripping it to bits, so much for building a better Australia

Go to Top of Page

lavenlaar
Transporter Driver

Australia
42 Posts
joined 16 Feb 07

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  17:55:45  Show Profile  Visit lavenlaar's Homepage Send lavenlaar a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unfortunately Labor must try to minimise any further damage within the electorates. Gillard must & will go before July.

The only one good thing that they could possibly do to save face, would be;

Gillard resign as PM
New PM delay the advent of the CO2 tax until another 3 years (next election should they manage to have more seats than my ute!)
This will appear in the public eyes as gesture of good faith, and may save a number of minority seats.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:16:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

You are all playing with yourseleves if you believe anyone but Gillard will lead them into the next election, that is my prediction, now stop wishing it to happen and focus on the here and
You should be the one wishing it would happen. Everything Julia says and does just drags Labor's vote down further. At least replacing her with someone with less damaged credibility would help reduce the size of the loss.
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:53:10  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

You are all playing with yourseleves if you believe anyone but Gillard will lead them into the next election, that is my prediction, now stop wishing it to happen and focus on the here and
You should be the one wishing it would happen. Everything Julia says and does just drags Labor's vote down further. At least replacing her with someone with less damaged credibility would help reduce the size of the loss.

Exactly. Trev wake up. With Julia at the helm, the Labor Party is doomed. She is now well and truly less popular than the man you despise so much in Abbott. I don't know why I should care so much as it just means a cake walk for Abbott and the Liberal Party at the next election

As for the distinction between Bill Shorten and Greg Combet in terms of their leadership qualities, Greg Combet may be more conciliatory but I don't believe he possesses the same strong and decisive leadership skills as Shorten. I despise Shorten more but he is far more charismatic and appealing as a leader to the public than Combet will ever be...much like comparing Kevin Rudd and Bob Carr

Edited by - LP11 on 01 May 2012 18:57:15
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:56:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think she is doing a fine job with what she has and I personally think she is the best person to lead them to the next election, there will be no leadership change, they did that and it burned them big time, Rudd stuck his stupid little hand up and got shot down, there will be no other leadership challanges

Stop wishing it to happen, but wishing for it wil not make it happen, focus on the here and now please.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  19:00:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The best thing that could happen for this country is for Gillard to go and either Shorten or Combet take the reins.

Labor are on a hiding to nothing at the next election but having some one else besides big red there will put enough scare into the Libs and force them to get rid of Tony Abbott and his mate who looks like he eats at the same bakery as Palmer.

Now this is for you Trev.
If the Labor party want to remain a force in Australian politics they need to get the factions out of it and actually listen to the rank and file members and the working class of this country.

They want to ditch the greens and their preference deals. They have to govern in their own right without having the likes of brown nose Bob forcing policy on them.

The QLD Labor party were smashed because they didn't listen and locally our Lord Mayor just got smashed as well because she didn't listen either

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  19:06:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The best thing that could happen for this country is for Gillard to go and either Shorten or Combet take the reins.
Personally I believe they will go into the election knowing that they will most likely lose, but under no circumstances will they change leaders again, they can't afford to lose that much credibility.

quote:

Labor are on a hiding to nothing at the next election but having some one else besides big red there will put enough scare into the Libs and force them to get rid of Tony Abbott and his mate who looks like he eats at the same bakery as Palmer.
Believe it or not but die-hard labor voters like me like Gillard, she has done well with what she has, you Libs can carry on all you like, she will build the base vote, maybe not enough to win the election, but she will build it back up.

The only people that are bleating on about it are you LNP supporters.

quote:

Now this is for you Trev.
If the Labor party want to remain a force in Australian politics they need to get the factions out of it and actually listen to the rank and file members and the working class of this country.
I agree with your comment about the factions

quote:

They want to ditch the greens and their preference deals. They have to govern in their own right without having the likes of brown nose Bob forcing policy on them.
I always laugh big time at comments like these, coz if old Tony had got his way he would have been governing with the Greens and the Independants, you lot seem to have forgotten that, but they are stuck with the sad and sorry ol Nationals instead - LOL

Edited by - Trev on 01 May 2012 20:46:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.09 seconds.