V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 20 Jul 2015 :  22:35:35  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/child-asylum-seeker-alleges-rape-in-shower-and-253-nauru-detainees-attempt-selfharm-senate-inquiry-hears-20150717-gieja6.html

Back on topic, here's more of the child rapes in detention centers that Abbott has passed laws to jail whistle-blowers over.

Funny that we've currently got a Royal Commission into the Catholic Church engaging in similar coverups of child rape.



27GV....when you cry "Muslims are invading" in every other post, then use the detention of those very same people and minors to hit Abbott over the head.....it seems to me, you are a tad....um.......conflicted?



Interested how you made that logical leap when I was just critical of the side in a protest supported by our good friend Zaky Mallah?

And it's also interesting that you seem to think 100% of the people in detention are of a detestable sect of Islam. Most are of the same Muslim groups that are being persecuted by ISIS.

What I don't support is allowing the people who do support ISIS to enter or remain in the country because they happen to be richer. Why is it defending Australia to keep the persecuted Rohingya out but allow rich Iranians like the Lindt Siege terrorist to stay?

The Yazidis, Hazara, Amhadi and the Christian minorities should be given refugee priority and the Salafist extremists should be kicked out and stripped of their citizenship. Why the left pretends Islam is a monolithic block while one group of Islamists (and probably the majority of them here now) massacres the rest is beyond me.

I'm sure everyone but the wackiest lefty admits there are a significant number of ISIS sympathizers - alongside the 200 who have already gone to fight - that create a big problem for 'securing our borders' than boats ever will.


_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 21 Jul 2015 00:29:39
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 20 Jul 2015 :  23:07:34  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The helicopter joyrides for Bronwyn wouldn't have been so bad had it not used within driving distance.
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager



Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  11:17:13  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bishop is another of a long list of out of touch political dinosaurs taking advantage of what they can whether they need to or not. Typically she's been aided and abetted by her party.

When did they go from wanting to do the best to advance the country to taking advantage what they can with a 'don't you know who I am' attitude? They're public servants, not the public serving them.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  16:18:43  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had some suspicions about Tony and Scotts new Jobactive plan when it as first announced and the were confirmed when I had an appointment with one of the Jobactive providers today. The approved activities include study (Cert 3 or above) and work for the dole which is oddly co listed at volunteering.

I suspect that if the job providers push all of the newstart recipients into either study (unsure whether the cost is provided by the jobs mob) or work for the dole/volunteering, the MPs can now shout from the rooftops saying that they brought the unemployment numbers down to 0% (on paper at least).

I am probably just been cynical, but that is probably the ulterior motive of the new JobActive scheme.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  19:04:29  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So not a week after complaining about the potential of a carbon tax, now Tony is floating the idea of 5% more on the Goods and Services TAX.

Hmmm, what's going to affect everyone more, slightly higher electricity bills or 5% more for everything!

Tony, the PM for miners and no one else. Not the farmers, not the people.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  19:54:07  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Personally I don't have a problem with an across the board rise in the GST providing they get rid of more of the other taxes.
It's the old story, if you don't buy stuff, you don't pay the tax.
BTW there is no such animal as "slightly higher" electricity bills.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  21:22:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by 27GV

So not a week after complaining about the potential of a carbon tax, now Tony is floating the idea of 5% more on the Goods and Services TAX.

Hmmm, what's going to affect everyone more, slightly higher electricity bills or 5% more for everything!

Tony, the PM for miners and no one else. Not the farmers, not the people.
[/quote

not sure if your aware, but the ALP premiers floated the gst hike....and barnaby just signed a deal to sell a million cows to china to help the farmer's

fair dinkium

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  21:59:11  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

[quote]Originally posted by 27GV

So not a week after complaining about the potential of a carbon tax, now Tony is floating the idea of 5% more on the Goods and Services TAX.

Hmmm, what's going to affect everyone more, slightly higher electricity bills or 5% more for everything!

Tony, the PM for miners and no one else. Not the farmers, not the people.
[/quote

not sure if your aware, but the ALP premiers floated the gst hike....and barnaby just signed a deal to sell a million cows to china to help the farmer's

fair dinkium



No, the Libs Baird was the one speaking in support of a GST rise. The ALP premiers floated the Medicare levy raise, which is still a tax rise but it is greater for higher incomes and therefore not regressive.

I wonder where we'll grow a million cows with the farmland going to Chinese miners?


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  22:28:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quick google search show's the SA premier supports it

does the chinese own cubby station too ??...ALP sold that off

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  09:02:51  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I have no problem taxing polluter's aslong as its done correctly

taxing sick people ?....is that as low as ripping money off single mum's like your mob did ?



Oh Mick. That comment is just scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Abbott's government has cut millions from groups like St Vincent DePaul.
St Vinnies do more for people than Centrelink does for a lot of overpaid single mothers who are too lazy to get off their fat arses and get a job

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  09:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol


Oh Mick. That comment is just scrapping the bottom of the barrel.



exactly why I have stopped posting

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  10:28:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So who was that just then?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  13:46:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

So who was that just then?



ha ha

back ontopic...why is scrapping the bottom of the barrel ??..didnt they do that ?...are all single mums lazy ?

Iam in no way suggesting the current government are doing a good job
but neither did the previous government

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 22 Jul 2015 13:49:51
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  18:04:36  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-to-bear-85-per-cent-of-his-legal-costs-of-defamation-case-against-fairfax-media-20150722-gih4pe

Oh dear...

What happened to the libs being better with money?

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Personally I don't have a problem with an across the board rise in the GST providing they get rid of more of the other taxes.
It's the old story, if you don't buy stuff, you don't pay the tax.



Hmmm...

Carbon tax had trade offs as well and only applied to coal and gas.

A rise in GST will apply to to your power and gas bills only it will also be added directly to the service charges and everything you buy.

Carbon tax brought in 20 billion, a 5% rise in GST is expected to bring 200 Billion. It all comes out of our pockets.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 22 Jul 2015 18:17:27
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  18:50:13  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-to-bear-85-per-cent-of-his-legal-costs-of-defamation-case-against-fairfax-media-20150722-gih4pe

Oh dear...

What happened to the libs being better with money?

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Personally I don't have a problem with an across the board rise in the GST providing they get rid of more of the other taxes.
It's the old story, if you don't buy stuff, you don't pay the tax.



Hmmm...

Carbon tax had trade offs as well and only applied to coal and gas.

A rise in GST will apply to to your power and gas bills only it will also be added directly to the service charges and everything you buy.

Carbon tax brought in 20 billion, a 5% rise in GST is expected to bring 200 Billion. It all comes out of our pockets.



damn ALP premiers !!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.09 seconds.