V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  20:08:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-to-bear-85-per-cent-of-his-legal-costs-of-defamation-case-against-fairfax-media-20150722-gih4pe

Oh dear...

What happened to the libs being better with money?

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Personally I don't have a problem with an across the board rise in the GST providing they get rid of more of the other taxes.
It's the old story, if you don't buy stuff, you don't pay the tax.

Hmmm...

Carbon tax had trade offs as well and only applied to coal and gas.

A rise in GST will apply to to your power and gas bills only it will also be added directly to the service charges and everything you buy.

Carbon tax brought in 20 billion, a 5% rise in GST is expected to bring 200 Billion. It all comes out of our pockets.

Don't have power or gas bills.

...and if I do spend my money on something I want, I don't mind paying a fair tax providing everyone else pays it.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  20:56:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill's got a new, three-word slogan: "Stop the boats" - and a slightly longer one: "Turn back the boats".

Nice work, Bill. Welcome to Team Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  08:24:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/labor-leader-bill-shorten-says-labor-will-go-to-the-election-with-turn-back-policy/story-fns0jze1-1227453082183

rflol.... he's a funny bugger !

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  09:12:33  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Bill's got a new, three-word slogan: "Stop the boats" - and a slightly longer one: "Turn back the boats".

Nice work, Bill. Welcome to Team Australia.

I think of another slogan that could work for Bill.

"Give me votes and I'll stop the boats".

Is there an early election coming or can you engage election mode 12 months before one as that is what they seem to be doing now?
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  09:58:28  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-to-bear-85-per-cent-of-his-legal-costs-of-defamation-case-against-fairfax-media-20150722-gih4pe

Oh dear...

What happened to the libs being better with money?

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Personally I don't have a problem with an across the board rise in the GST providing they get rid of more of the other taxes.
It's the old story, if you don't buy stuff, you don't pay the tax.

Hmmm...

Carbon tax had trade offs as well and only applied to coal and gas.

A rise in GST will apply to to your power and gas bills only it will also be added directly to the service charges and everything you buy.

Carbon tax brought in 20 billion, a 5% rise in GST is expected to bring 200 Billion. It all comes out of our pockets.

With Hockeys penchant for litigating anyone for anything I'm sure his new legal team will be preparing legal action against his old team to recover the losses....
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  12:08:43  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so billy's conference is on..so far he want's ANOTHER election on climate change/carbon tax ..... lmao

and he want's half of the ALP to be female...so the best people for the job wont get it if they have a penis ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  16:46:26  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abbott wants an election on the GST.

Every thought the best people for a job can't get it because they have a vagina?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  17:30:16  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Every thought the best people for a job can't get it because they have a vagina?

the labour prems want the GST too albie .... or did you forget that ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  18:03:33  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

+2

Shorten showed his hand and it was a good one. Some vision in there, even if I don't agree about boat turnbacks.

A billion times better than Abbott's platform of "no cuts to the ABC, no cuts to education, no cuts to health..." that evaporated exacly 2 seconds after he got elected.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-07/abbott-promises-no-cuts-to-education-health/5436224

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  18:43:15  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
really ?....so going into an election with the same platform ( carbon tax ) which they were pulled out of government under the same platform is a smart good thing ???

Im not a tony fan and i sure wish he wasnt our PM, but there is no way billy will get in with ANOTHER TAX !!!!

he's either really smart or very stupid...and after watching the killing season id say the latter

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 24 Jul 2015 18:46:01
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  19:32:03  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

really ?....so going into an election with the same platform ( carbon tax ) which they were pulled out of government under the same platform is a smart good thing ???

Im not a tony fan and i sure wish he wasnt our PM, but there is no way billy will get in with ANOTHER TAX !!!!

he's either really smart or very stupid...and after watching the killing season id say the latter

Tony entered with the slogan "Stop the waste" and he's literally admitted that "stopping the waste" whatever it meant in the first place isn't even a priority for him any more. One failed budget and he's all out of ideas.

I'll give the ALP the benefit of the doubt because Abbott's failed crusade on the "budget crisis" has gone nowhere. Both parties have failed in recent years and the ALP has bounced back better - the Libs are unelectable until Malcom T. is their PM elect.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 26 Jul 2015 :  00:48:28  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

WTF are you on about???

You're bitching because Labor want carbon trading/Tax. The other side want to introduce new taxes and increase existing ones. Yet you single out Labor.

quote:
Just goes to show how Abbott has distracted everyone from his own plans to hike taxes. You bang on about single mothers welfare and here we have Abbott intending to hit those that can least afford it.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Jul 2015 :  09:49:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

WTF are you on about???

You're bitching because Labor want carbon trading/Tax. The other side want to introduce new taxes and increase existing ones. Yet you single out Labor.

quote:
Just goes to show how Abbott has distracted everyone from his own plans to hike taxes. You bang on about single mothers welfare and here we have Abbott intending to hit those that can least afford it.

firstly Im not bitching about the ALP wanting ANOTHER carbon tax because they will get flogged at the election again on that platform so we wont get it anyway....just cant believe the stupidity of billy and his corruption union mates thats all

And yes the GST may rise ( thanks to tony AND the labor PM's ) remember the tax will only rise if both parties agree??? and cant remember EVER saying that that i support a rise in the GST..do you ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Jul 2015 :  21:21:40  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/renewable-energy-labor-attacks-unscientific-tony-abbott-over-60b-bill-claim-20150727-gilbfo.html

LOL now Tony Abbott isn't even trying to make his scare campaigns look realistic.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  17:34:36  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

firstly Im not bitching about the ALP wanting ANOTHER carbon tax because they will get flogged at the election again on that platform so we wont get it anyway....just cant believe the stupidity of billy and his corruption union mates thats all
Labors ETS or Abbotts tax increases? One will get in. And yes you have been bitching for most of this thread about Labor, carbon tax, welfare changes...

quote:
And yes the GST may rise ( thanks to tony AND the labor PM's ) remember the tax will only rise if both parties agree??? and cant remember EVER saying that that i support a rise in the GST..do you ?

Don't recall me saying you did.

GST does not need both parties to agree or all the states for that matter. That was a red hearing Howard planted to deceive the public so they would feel safe from GST increases. Now we have Abbott cutting back GST distribution to force the states to go along with a GST rise with cuts to health and education.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 19.17 seconds.