V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  08:42:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  08:46:13  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

but even the Liberal faithful were turning on Turnbull on the radio for this... will be interesting to see if they go all Labor on us and self destruct...

proof further that neither are worth spitting on

Would that be Jones/Bolton/Hadley?
Not sure on Jones but the other two will follow what ever Rupert wants them to, and Hadley flips faster than a couple of two up coins anyway. His legendary back flip on Super League after the infamous 'ambush' on the Footy show proved he'll tow what ever line is put in front of him. Only the rusted on relics can't accept it and they're thankfully a dying breed.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  09:58:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
no, was talking about the 'liberal faithful' on the radio Darren... you know, those little people who don't matter who get them into office in the first place...

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  10:10:31  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How Abbott even became the PM is beyond me.
The guy is an absolute muppet that would do or say anything to cover his lying arse.
Considering the liar said he would sell his own arse to become PM I wonder what he did to try to save it.
I'm still waiting for the adults to govern.
Debt and deficit. Budget emergency. Talked down the economy for the entire time he was opposition leader and then made it worse by increasing debt and deficit.
The gutless wonder is probably still crying in his office. Still hasn't had a press conference.

One thing Tony Abbott can claim.

The worst PM in Australia's history

Good riddance you piece of ****

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 15 Sep 2015 10:11:42
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  10:15:56  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree 100% Col, well said

Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  13:27:12  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pyne will be better with a more moderate leader. Turnbull replacing Abbott can only improve things, since Abbott was a complete train wreck.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  16:10:09  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pyne is dead. He's too closely associated with Abbott.

3 that I despise the most (Abbott, Hockey, Pyne) are probably dead men walking.

Unfortunately Morrison, Abetz and Dutton will probably survive and prosper. Hence why I'm not overly excited by the new Turnbull Libs.

However Turnbull strikes me as more capable of dealing with the current economic issues which Abbott completely and utterly failed on.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 15 Sep 2015 16:13:06
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  20:39:13  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
loving how the ALP are pumping thier chest....then again Im guessing they have seen this done twice in their party so are happy that the libs have some crap leader's too

so big question....when will blinky bill be stabbed in the back ????....or has he made it that hard to kick out a leader in his party that it cant happen ?..what ever happen's the ALP will get slaughted at the next election now.....so thats a good thing :)

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  21:51:11  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shorten is bloody useless and he should stab himself in the back seeing how good he is at it.

With any luck this will force Labors hand and we might get a decent opposition leader.
some one good enough to pressure the government without resorting to the anybody but Abbott line.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  22:03:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Shorten is bloody useless and he should stab himself in the back seeing how good he is at it.

With any luck this will force Labors hand and we might get a decent opposition leader.
some one good enough to pressure the government without resorting to the anybody but Abbott line.

yep thats what the ALP needs...well no thats what australia needs a proper leader which we havnt had in a looooooooooooooong time

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  22:43:36  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article/2015/02/04/julia-gillard-rushed-hospital-after-overdosing-schadenfreude

Half Term Tone confirmed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  22:54:28  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whether you liked Abbott or not, it's absolute bull**** that parties can just vote within to change the leader when they're in power. Why should we even bother voting if they'll just have a vote and change leaders because opinion polls aren't good? When a party isn't in power then fair enough, change leaders if you must, but not when they're in power. Australia voted for Abbott, not Turnbull.

Turbull is a grub, and whilst I'm a strong Liberal supporter, I'll laugh if they lose the next election, because for their efforts, Turnbull and Bishop in particular, they deserve to lose. They're both grubs and have lost any respect I had for them

We might as well just do away with elections and have a new reality show. We'll call it "Who wants to be a Prime Minister" or better yet, we'll just put the names of every MP in a hat and draw one. The first name to be drawn gets to be PM, second name drawn gets to be Deputy.

It's bull****. Have some consistency. It's pathetic from both parties. Bring back the John Howard days.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  06:50:16  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Australia voted for Abbott, not Turnbull.
WRONG!!!!, Australia voted for their own local member, I did not see "Tony Abbott" on my local voting paper.

The residents of Warringah voted for Abbott, get this **** right please, it just shows your ignorance.

Liberals got enough local seats to form Government, that is how it works in Australia, this is not America

The members of the Liberal Party voted for Abbott, then a few years later they changed their mind and voted for Turnbull, that is how it works in Australia, this is not America

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  07:44:51  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Whether you liked Abbott or not, it's absolute bull**** that parties can just vote within to change the leader when they're in power. Why should we even bother voting if they'll just have a vote and change leaders because opinion polls aren't good? When a party isn't in power then fair enough, change leaders if you must, but not when they're in power. Australia voted for Abbott, not Turnbull.

Turbull is a grub, and whilst I'm a strong Liberal supporter, I'll laugh if they lose the next election, because for their efforts, Turnbull and Bishop in particular, they deserve to lose. They're both grubs and have lost any respect I had for them

We might as well just do away with elections and have a new reality show. We'll call it "Who wants to be a Prime Minister" or better yet, we'll just put the names of every MP in a hat and draw one. The first name to be drawn gets to be PM, second name drawn gets to be Deputy.

It's bull****. Have some consistency. It's pathetic from both parties. Bring back the John Howard days.

yep I agree....how can business have confidence if we are changing leaders every 12mths...

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  07:47:26  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
the way it works is right as Trev says...

however I do share the sentiment of DJR... what is represented to Australia as a 'united party' at election time whoever that may be then turns on itself and I think the voting public is sick and tired of it... we have had 6 PM's in the last 7 years (I think that was what I heard on the radio yesterday), how could you not be sick and tired of the useless twats that allegedly run this country?

"Who wants to be a Prime Minister" indeed!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.69 seconds.