V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  08:07:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If a CEO of a business is not performing to the businesses expectations they are flicked and a new one appointed, that is how it works in the real world, we have no say who is employed as CEO in businesses, even as a share-holder, get over it. Abbott was a dud long before he was elected as Leader, you are a fool if you believe anything else. Remember I wasn't a fan of Rudd's either.

This is the way things are, I couldn't care less if it is Turnbull, Abbott, Rudd, Gillard, Shorten, JUST GET AUSTRALIA MOVING AND OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. I have far more confidence in Turnbull than I certainly did for Abbott and I do for Shorten

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  08:38:19  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

If a CEO of a business is not performing to the businesses expectations they are flicked and a new one appointed, that is how it works in the real world, we have no say who is employed as CEO in businesses, even as a share-holder, get over it. Abbott was a dud long before he was elected as Leader, you are a fool if you believe anything else. Remember I wasn't a fan of Rudd's either.

This is the way things are, I couldn't care less if it is Turnbull, Abbott, Rudd, Gillard, Shorten, JUST GET AUSTRALIA MOVING AND OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. I have far more confidence in Turnbull than I certainly did for Abbott and I do for Shorten



the problem with that logic is, turnbull was a minister under abbott....to quote the libs during the rudd/Gillard debarcle different head same horse

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  10:54:22  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

If a CEO of a business is not performing to the businesses expectations they are flicked and a new one appointed, that is how it works in the real world, we have no say who is employed as CEO in businesses, even as a share-holder, get over it. Abbott was a dud long before he was elected as Leader, you are a fool if you believe anything else. Remember I wasn't a fan of Rudd's either.

This is the way things are, I couldn't care less if it is Turnbull, Abbott, Rudd, Gillard, Shorten, JUST GET AUSTRALIA MOVING AND OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. I have far more confidence in Turnbull than I certainly did for Abbott and I do for Shorten



the problem with that logic is, turnbull was a minister under abbott....to quote the libs during the rudd/Gillard debarcle different head same horse



so you are saying politicians are all Tasmanian?

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  17:41:47  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Australia voted for Abbott, not Turnbull.
WRONG!!!!, Australia voted for their own local member, I did not see "Tony Abbott" on my local voting paper.
Yes, we vote for our local candidates, but for most people, our decision for which candidate we vote depends on more than just the candidates. A lot of people don't know the name of their local member, but they know the name of the leader of the party. Why do you think the Liberal Party ousted Abbott? Because they could see that with Abbott as PM, a lot of Liberal candidates wouldn't be elected and therefore were heading to a certain loss at the next election. Why do you think Labor chopped and changed between Gillard and Rudd? Same reason. Therefore we are 'de facto' voting for the leaders as much as our local candidates.

Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager



Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  19:22:21  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Shorten is bloody useless and he should stab himself in the back seeing how good he is at it.

With any luck this will force Labors hand and we might get a decent opposition leader.
some one good enough to pressure the government without resorting to the anybody but Abbott line.


David Hicks mate Shorten would be out of his depth in a spoon of water. He should do the honorable thing and quit now and join Abbott, Hockey, Andrews and Dutton in the dole cue.

Sonic, I know who you mean now.

Edited by - Darren351 on 16 Sep 2015 19:22:58
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  20:03:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A poll has the party's level pegging @ 50/50. I would have thought the Libs to have a better honeymoon. Maybe the people are sick of changing leaders. Mal has some time to lift the country if he can before the next election. At the moment it doesn't look like he is any different to Abbott, that maybe due to settling in and appeasing the right before he moves on with his own agenda. Then again nothing might not change.

Labor is going to have to work for it now. Any luck it may raise the quality of politics instead of the incessant sniping from both sides.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  21:00:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

A poll has the party's level pegging @ 50/50. I would have thought the Libs to have a better honeymoon. Maybe the people are sick of changing leaders. Mal has some time to lift the country if he can before the next election. At the moment it doesn't look like he is any different to Abbott, that maybe due to settling in and appeasing the right before he moves on with his own agenda. Then again nothing might not change.

Labor is going to have to work for it now. Any luck it may raise the quality of politics instead of the incessant sniping from both sides.



Let's see hope so Abbie mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  22:32:14  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On Seven news that had an exclusive poll which had Malcolm as preferred PM by a massive margin over Bill Shorten.

Why did they feel the need to run a poll, two days after a leadership spill?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  23:48:08  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did anyone catch that the "poor" asylum seeker who lit himself on fire was actually a convicted serial child sex offender?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-16/child-sex-offender-ali-jaffari-set-self-on-fire-at-yongah-hill/6781492


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  01:13:03  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Australia voted for Abbott, not Turnbull.
WRONG!!!!, Australia voted for their own local member, I did not see "Tony Abbott" on my local voting paper.

The residents of Warringah voted for Abbott, get this **** right please, it just shows your ignorance.

Liberals got enough local seats to form Government, that is how it works in Australia, this is not America

The members of the Liberal Party voted for Abbott, then a few years later they changed their mind and voted for Turnbull, that is how it works in Australia, this is not America



How did I know someone would say this? Trev, whilst true, the majority of voters base their vote on which PERSON they prefer to be PM. So how about you get your **** right. It shows your ignorance.

So Australia did vote for Tony Abbott, not Malcolm Turnbull.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  06:48:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

How did I know someone would say this? Trev, whilst true, the majority of voters base their vote on which PERSON they prefer to be PM.
Just because a minority of voters think like you doesn't mean the majority do, I am sure you will find that most people were pissed off with Labor and the ONLY alternative was the Liberal Party led by Abbott, even the Nationals and the Greens had a swing against them. From day 1 Abbott has struggled in the polls since the Liberals won the election


quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

So how about you get your **** right. It shows your ignorance.
LOL


quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

So Australia did vote for Tony Abbott, not Malcolm Turnbull.

see my statement above

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  08:31:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's funny. Over the past 400+ pages, we've gone on and on about various leaders and why we like/don't like them, support them/don't support them and why we vote/don't vote for them. On the other hand, there has been barely any mention of our local candidates. All this hate and loathing for Tony Abbott, and the many hundreds of posts about him, when the only person I can think of on here who had the opportunity to vote/not vote for him was REM. At least it helped convince REM. I wasn't in the polling booth when he marked his ballot paper, but I'm pretty sure that REM didn't vote for Tony.

PS: At the 2013 election, the Greens had a swing to them, and most of us had other alternatives to vote for. There were over 50 political parties other than Liberal, Labor, Nationals and Greens fielding hundreds of candidates across Australia as well as a few hundred independent candidates.

PPS to Trev: In your electorate at the last election, apart from Liberal, Labor and the Greens, you had the choice of voting for the Rise Up Australia Party, Family First, Katter's Australian Party, Palmer United Party, the Sex Party, Bullet Train for Australia Party and the Citizens Electoral Council, as well as an Independent.

Edited by - Zac on 17 Sep 2015 17:49:51
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  18:40:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The future looks bright. The Young Liberals are shining example of what our future MPs can do.

Politics is a blood sport in Canberra. But inside the Young Liberal movement it gets even more serious than that.

On the night of the Malcolm Turnbull v Tony Abbott leadership spill, a Young Liberal meeting in Sydney erupted into wild scenes, with allegations a member of the Abbott-backing conservative faction physically assaulted a Turnbull-supporting moderate.

An official complaint was lodged with the NSW Liberal Party on Thursday morning, following the event at the City Tattersalls Club on Pitt Street on Monday. A spokeswoman for state director Tony Nutt said: "Sorry, we won't be saying anything."

Almost 100 people are said to have witnessed the altercation as the factions divided in support of the contenders in Canberra.

Fairfax Media has learned that James Camilleri, a member of the moderates, has claimed the hard-right's Jakov "Jay" Miljak grappled with him after a fiery debate over female quotas in the party.

The temperature in the room had already risen to boiling point as conservatives argued against a motion congratulating Mr Turnbull on becoming the new Prime Minister.

Mr Miljak, a staffer for the conservative senator Concetta Fierravanti-Wells, is alleged to have grappled with Mr Camilleri in a "push punch" incident against the wall of the meeting room.

A Young Liberal in the room said there was some "pushing and shoving" before others intervened. "The whole room had to stop. They were dragged apart by their colleagues," the source, who is not factionally aligned, said.

Mr Miljak, who has been asked for comment through Senator Fierravanti-Wells' office, had been arguing against quotas to raise the representation of females in the parliamentary ranks of the Liberals.

It is not the first Young Liberal event that has descended into ugly scenes and controversy.


See your ad here
Monday's meeting was the first under the presidency of Alex Dore, one of the organisers of the infamous 2012 Sydney University Liberal Club dinner at which broadcaster Alan Jones claimed former prime minister Julia Gillard's father had "died of shame".

Jones has compared Mr Dore to a young John Howard and backed him against moderate candidate Craig Laundy for preselection in the Sydney seat of Reid before the 2013 election. Mr Dore worked as a staffer to NSW minister Pru Goward.

In 2014, the stalls of the right-aligned Conservative Club and the moderate SULC had to be separated after an orientation week brawl at Sydney University.

And in 2009, police had to break up a Young Liberal event amid brawling and claims former state upper house Liberal Marie Ficarra, a member of the hard right, had made a "throat slitting" gesture - an allegation she denied and called an "outrageous slander".

An attendee at Monday's function said the mood was "particularly unruly" after Mr Abbott lost his grip on the leadership.

"There was a lot more shouting than normal. Alex [Dore] obviously doesn't know how to control the room."

Mr Camilleri could not be reached for comment and Mr Dore had not returned calls on Thursday.

http://www.nvi.com.au/story/3357035/young-liberal-meeting-boils-over-as-verbal-clashes-turn-physical-on-night-of-leadership-spill/?cs=7
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 18 Sep 2015 :  01:19:07  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

How did I know someone would say this? Trev, whilst true, the majority of voters base their vote on which PERSON they prefer to be PM.
Just because a minority of voters think like you doesn't mean the majority do, I am sure you will find that most people were pissed off with Labor and the ONLY alternative was the Liberal Party led by Abbott, even the Nationals and the Greens had a swing against them. From day 1 Abbott has struggled in the polls since the Liberals won the election


quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

So how about you get your **** right. It shows your ignorance.
LOL


quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

So Australia did vote for Tony Abbott, not Malcolm Turnbull.

see my statement above



Actually Trev I don't vote based on the person. I vote Nationals, much like you vote Labor.

Like someone else says, Liberals were not the only alternative for people not wanting to vote for Labor.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 18 Sep 2015 :  15:25:01  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-staffer-welcomes-new-prime-minister-malcolm-turnbull-with-a-fourletter-expletive-20150918-gjpn7p.html

Such bitterness. Weren't the Libs trumpeting "no more ALP infighting" a while back? Pot meet kettle.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 34.11 seconds.