V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Nov 2015 :  07:58:49  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, not again. Cya next time.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2015 :  11:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you know Zac, there are far more important things in the world and in my personal life to worry about than come on here and debate semantics, I really can't be ****ed right now

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Nov 2015 :  13:33:03  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No worries - and no surprises. Catch you the next time that you can be.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2015 :  15:49:44  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Why are people making such a fuss about The Government wanting to increase the GST to 15%?

It's not like they are adding an extra fifteen percent to the purchase price, instead they are taking an extra 5% out of the existing price.

Only got to look back to the carbon tax. Added 0.8% to overall living costs and people couldn't handle it.

I think the biggest question is. The most vocal against the carbon tax that increased energy bills 9% are strangely silent for a 5% increase on all purchases.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  17:30:53  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pity that neither major party is approaching the issue of Islamic terrorism the right way. The Islamic problem is why I'm no longer voting Greens so T1 will be happy.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Nov 2015 :  13:02:33  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill No Term has to go.

The only thing that got the worst PM in Australia's history elected was the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd debacle.

Bill No Term can't rely on another leadership from the Noalition.

Albo, Bourke no chance.
I'd give Pilberseck a go

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Nov 2015 :  13:43:42  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Bill No Term has to go.

The only thing that got the worst PM in Australia's history elected was the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd debacle.

Albo, Bourke no chance.
I'd give Pilberseck a go

I agree, what I don't understand is why the libs havnt called an election now while Mal is cruising in his honeymoon period before the ALP dump Bill and put in pilberseck who will smash the libs IMO

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Nov 2015 :  14:18:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Bill No Term has to go.

Albo, Bourke no chance.
I'd give Pilberseck a go

I agree, what I don't understand is why the libs havnt called an election now while Mal is cruising in his honeymoon period before the ALP dump Bill and put in pilberseck who will smash the libs IMO

I think the election isn't due until late 2016. To call one now is a waste of time and my money.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 16 Nov 2015 13:49:14
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  13:28:59  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shorten is a failure and all his policies are lead by the Greens. The Greens in turn have abandoned every single one of their traditional left wing policies to defend Islam and Islamic refugees instead.

As a traditional leftist who believes in LGBT rights, women's rights, the environment, drug decriminalization, the betrayal by the Greens in supporting an ideology that categorically attacks all those leftist messages, it leaves me no choice but to put them near last on the next ballot and every one following.

**** Shorten and **** the Greens, hopefully they are kicked out of parliament by anti-Islam parties and we can return to sanity on the left wing via electoral pain.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  06:50:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Are we going to have to change the title of this thread to include the new reported party, the AMP?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  12:55:00  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Are we going to have to change the title of this thread to include the new reported party, the AMP?

is that the one 27gv is switched to ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  14:23:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

As a traditional leftist who believes in LGBT rights, women's rights, the environment, drug decriminalization, the betrayal by the Greens in supporting an ideology that categorically attacks all those leftist messages, it leaves me no choice but to put them near last on the next ballot and every one following.
They're all noble causes, 27GV (although you'd have to clarify drug decriminalisation), but IMHO they're not the major issues - and leaving the Left to support some anti-Islam party puts you amongst the loony Right. Don't you think it would be better to support the party that best represents most of your interests? We don't know what any anti-Islam party's policies on issues other than being anti-Islam would be, but like most one-issue parties, they wouldn't be well thought out, and would be well to the Right of you. Be true to yourself and stay on the Left and try to change the Greens and Labor's views and policies that you don't support. You certainly won't be the only one.

PS to LG: It's getting messy with more of these one-issue parties. We're getting a couple of anti-Islam parties at the same time as a pro-Islam party.

http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/

http://www.smh.com.au/national/new-aussie-antiislamic-party-guns-for-20-per-cent-of-the-vote-20150731-giol8k.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-16/new-australian-muslim-party-confident-of-election-run/6946152

Not forgetting of course, the 'Love Australia or Leave' party.

Edited by - Zac on 17 Nov 2015 14:38:53
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  18:49:39  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Ha ha trust the Muslims to form a party today. Confirmed my fears completely.

T1, I'm voting for the Geert Wilders supported one which is pretty centrist on other issues.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  19:47:01  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everything is relative.

'Rise Up Australia Party' quotes from its leader:

"We oppose multi-culturalism and aim to preserve Australia's Judeo-Christian heritage."
"Homosexuals can be turned back to heterosexual relationships through education and through Christ."
"Australia's coal-fired power stations are 42% energy efficient. We plan to repeal the carbon tax if elected."
"We plan to overhaul Australia's media content laws by restricting immoral content."

I guess they decide what is "immoral", and how to encourage the support of the millions of Australians who aren't of Judeo-Christian heritage, amongst many other things. Basically, they have a grab-bag of feel good policies to support their hatred of people of a non-Judeo-Christian religion. They'll need more than that, but there will be a few percent of voters who will go for it.

There's more if you look closely at what Rise Up Australia is on about, but "centrist"? Rise Up Australia is not. Stay Green or Labor. Joining a racial party doesn't fit your support for good policies and good government.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  20:24:55  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Everything is relative.

'Rise Up Australia Party' quotes from its leader:

"We oppose multi-culturalism and aim to preserve Australia's Judeo-Christian heritage."
"Homosexuals can be turned back to heterosexual relationships through education and through Christ."
"Australia's coal-fired power stations are 42% energy efficient. We plan to repeal the carbon tax if elected."
"We plan to overhaul Australia's media content laws by restricting immoral content."

I guess they decide what is "immoral", and how to encourage the support of the millions of Australians who aren't of Judeo-Christian heritage, amongst many other things. Basically, they have a grab-bag of feel good policies to support their hatred of people of a non-Judeo-Christian religion. They'll need more than that, but there will be a few percent of voters who will go for it.

There's more if you look closely at what Rise Up Australia is on about, but "centrist"? Rise Up Australia is not. Stay Green or Labor. Joining a racial party doesn't fit your support for good policies and good government.

Rise Up is a vanity project by a loony preacher of a different faith.

The Australian Liberty Alliance is who I'm supporting because it has actual links to respected parties in Europe.

http://www.australianlibertyalliance.org.au/values-and-policies/values-and-core-policies

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.99 seconds.