V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 15 Dec 2015 :  18:32:59  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/6609-morgan-poll-federal-voting-intention-december-15-2015-201512150606?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Morgan%20Poll%2020151215&utm_content=Morgan%20Poll%2020151215+CID_d4468e7ca87ce73f3995f5ffe2800007&utm_source=Market%20Research%20Update&utm_term=L-NP%20increases%20lead%20over%20ALP%20-%20now%20575%20cf%20425%20biggest%20lead%20for%20Coalition%20since%20being%20elected%20in%202013

quote:
Originally posted by Trev
Everything is rosy since Mal took over, me thinks the honeymoon is slowly ebbing.
Me thinks the honeymoon is not yet ebbing.
Is it the never-quite-consummated and never-really-sure-about-him honeymoon with Li'l Bill that's ebbing? I think that crashed into about four cars after leaving the reception.

Edited by - Zac on 15 Dec 2015 18:47:40
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  05:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
here we go again Zac (sorry Trickyonne, never quite sure with you) we are doing the divert again, for an alleged swinging voter you obviously don't swing too far from the right

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 16 Dec 2015 13:00:44
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  06:05:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here we go again with the personal slant...
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  06:18:39  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lmao....now Im uncle zac ???? if that's not member abuse I don't know what is

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 16 Dec 2015 06:19:29
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  17:03:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You've been called worse.

Trev, I do confess to swinging slightly more to the Right now there's a more reasonable and moderate leader there - but I still won't be voting Liberal. You know how you said that you live in one of the most blue ribbon of Liberal seats? I live in one that's more blue ribbon than your electorate of Murray. I live in the electorate of Mitchell. In the last election, your local member got 61.41% of the vote, and 70.87% two party preferred. My local member (Alex Hawke, no relation) got 65.5% of the vote, and 72.1% two party preferred - but I have never voted for him, and I never will. He's way to the Right of Tony Abbott. Actually, I haven't voted for a Liberal candidate in a federal election for as long as I can remember. There goes the "You obviously don't swing too far from the Right" theory. I voted for the Green candidate - by process of elimination. I wasn't going to give Bill any encouragement, nor Clive, nor the Christian Democrats, nor the DLP who apparently still exist under a log somewhere. They were the only choices I had.

So there you go. I'm still swinging freely (as Trickyonne knows), and always enjoying a bit of political chat on here. Anyway, it's all good - and good to see you back. Surely you can take some criticism of Li'l Bill. Even you don't think much of him, so no need for you, or anyone (apart from Bill) to be sensitive about Bill's plummeting 'Preferred PM' figures. It might actually help us get a decent Labor leader in time for next year's election. That has to be good for Australia and all of us, surely.

Edited by - Zac on 16 Dec 2015 17:15:22
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  18:59:36  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
the sad part is the Labor party won't get rid of him until he fails dismally at the the next election (and then he will probably fall on his own sword to save the public humiliation of the Party flicking him), so we will have at least 1.1 terms of Malcolm, that is almost guaranteed

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  19:31:34  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

the sad part is the Labor party won't get rid of him until he fails dismally at the the next election (and then he will probably fall on his own sword to save the public humiliation of the Party flicking him), so we will have at least 1.1 terms of Malcolm, that is almost guaranteed

and this is part of the rudd/gillard legacy....due to them swapping leaders so much they have made it so hard to change leader's that even if the ALP want to they cant change from blinky bill now

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  20:35:31  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
People in glass houses . . . . . . . . . . .

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  20:40:12  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry to burst your bubble Mick but while we have our current member in place i will never vote Liberal.

If he goes and we have some one else well maybe then.
Our member is an absolute joke. Rather than serving the people he would rather be-little them on facebook and whatever over media he trolls.
He is a hypocrite of the highest order and complete ****ing liar and just a general tosspot.
At the last election even with all the anti Labor sentiment actually had his majority reduced

Even though i don't want to see Shorten as PM i'll be voting Labor or whoever gives their preferences to Labor just to get rid this lowlife

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Dec 2015 :  17:37:53  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I notice that all the Tony Abbott attack dogs are very quiet on their own leader.

Texting while driving, spilling coffee while driving and crashing, lowest approval rating in history...

Must be an inspiring leader.

Look......he's not my leader....daffy and sometimes silly...yes he is,....dangerous, reckless, cocksure and completely oblivious to his own shortcomings....no he ain't,....about as influential to the Govt's agenda and the current challenges as T.Abbott is now?.....yup!The games moved on.....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  07:19:19  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks like Work For The Dole will be scrapped, again.

The government is walking away from its flagship Work for the Dole scheme and will save $127 million by restricting the program and its contingent intensive support to unemployed people under 25.

The money will be recouped over three years from the program that was at one stage due to have 150,000 participants across the country.

Between July and September this year, the vast majority of work-for-the-dole participants were over 25. Estimates data shows there were 21,131 over-30s and 15,148 under-30s. On September 30, there were more than 21,000 people aged over 25 in Work for the Dole.

Work for the Dole was mandatory for those aged up to 60 under the old regime, tied to monthly appointments with the government’s Jobactive service providers , to help them find work.

Under the updated system, those receiving the “intensive” services at June 30 this year will be grandfathered, but new entrants having problems finding work and jobseekers over 25 will use regular Jobactive services.

In the three months from July to September this year, the government spent $64.5m on Work for the Dole, including $12.5m to co-ordinators.

As at June 30, almost 17 per cent of job-support clients who had found work for six months — considered a bonus milestone — were back without work after a further six months. The rate was almost 30 per cent for those with the most significant support requirements.

Work for the Dole was criticised by many in the welfare sector for being ineffective compared with other intensive training options or wage subsidies. About 19 per cent of those participating in Work for the Dole schemes were employed three months later.

Departmental data suggests wage subsidies result in job outcomes of between 47 per cent and 65 per cent after six months.

More money will be given to a national program to help school- leavers into full-time work with the $212m Transition to Work getting a $109.8m boost over four years. The program is for people aged 15-21, including those who are not on income support, to help them overcome barriers to employment and gain skills to get into the workplace.

Lisa Stewart, 29, said without compulsory Work for the Dole she would never have had the opportunity to acquire the skills to find full-time work. Ms Stewart, who left school in NSW in Year 9, ended up in Adelaide at 19 with a limited education, few skills and next to no job prospects.

She is now a fully fledged hospitality employee with the Adelaide Convention Centre and the Tandanya indigenous arts centre’s cafe, after completing a vocational education course in North Adelaide and a Work for the Dole program, where she worked three days a week.

“I’ve had a pretty rough trot throughout my life, but I am determined to better myself and get on the road to success,” she said. “They should not discriminate on how old you are. I only found myself in my mid-20s and the doors started opening through the Work for the Dole program.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/industrial-relations/myefo-work-for-the-dole-scheme-abandoned/news-story/fcb5f8fcb6079fdf72c4086b60fa8063
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  08:19:27  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can tell you that 'they' (aka Scott Morrison) are giving fair dinkum recipients of the Disability Allowance are getting a fair old grilling, even the local Centrelink office is ringing people to get them into work

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  09:38:27  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I can tell you that 'they' (aka Scott Morrison) are giving fair dinkum recipients of the Disability Allowance are getting a fair old grilling, even the local Centrelink office is ringing people to get them into work

is that bad ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  12:12:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
the fair dinkum ones, absolutely, it is a **** act, a family member of mine falls into this category and it is creating HUGE stress for her

By all means get stick into the dodgy ones, but the ones with a proven (over 25 years) of full on disability should be left alone

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  12:32:11  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well I guess they don't know who is fair dinkium and who isnt without investigating

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.61 seconds.