V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  13:19:09  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You don't know much about the 'system' do you, I am sure you and I have had this discussion before and if my memory serves me right you pissed me off then.

People have to prove disability to be on disability allowance, yes there are some shonkies out there, but more Doctors, as they are the ones signing off on people to put them on the system when they don't have a true need

However there are people, like people with Downs Syndrome and other mental and physical disabilities who don't need to be put through the wringer, they have proved (over the years) that their disability is genuine, my family member (who is under 35 years old) was put through the wringer as part of the(R)Abbott/Hockey first budget and now they are at it again, it is piss weak to target the weak, it is not the Aussie way

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  14:41:11  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

well I guess they don't know who is fair dinkium and who isnt without investigating

They're aiming to do that with the change in legislation at the start of the year.

They're trying to weed out the shonkys (both recipients and doctors) by going to a government approved doctor to qualify for the DSP.

Unless they've changed it, you can pick up the Disability Pension if you can prove you are too impaired to work from drugs and alcohol.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  14:51:21  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Depression is the biggie these days, hard to disprove, bit like the shonky backs

quote:
Originally posted by CP

They're trying to weed out the shonkys (both recipients and doctors) by going to a government approved doctor to qualify for the DSP.
my family member went through that process recently as part of her under 35 review, there was never any doubt she would stay on the DSP

Edited by - Trev on 18 Dec 2015 14:53:22
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  16:08:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

well I guess they don't know who is fair dinkium and who isnt without investigating

Some medical diagnoses can't and won't change. Those people should not be forced into proving anything once it's done, although all governments insist on retesting and filling out the forms again all the time - to them it's a numbers game and just so wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  16:12:40  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
too true LG, but T1 will think everyone should be tested all the time as his tax dollars are at stake

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  19:47:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

too true LG, but T1 will think everyone should be tested all the time as his tax dollars are at stake

firstly don't say what I would say because you don't know me or my life....secondly no I cant remember having a discussion with you on disability before thirdly Iam 100% all for people who need cash and deserve it should get it....FORTHLY I HAVE NEVER SAID PEOPLE SHOULD BE TESTED ALL THE ****ING TIME !!!! STOP ****ING TALKING CRAP TREV !!!

Phew now back to topic at hand....I had a mate who took his own life because of PTSD but he didn't was too proud to seek help for it...whats the answer ?...dunno...but without question some kinda of testing and qualification needs to take place....

who hear know's someone of benefits who probably shouldn't ?...yep all of us

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 18 Dec 2015 19:51:11
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  05:17:42  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

FORTHLY I HAVE NEVER SAID PEOPLE SHOULD BE TESTED ALL THE ****ING TIME !!!! STOP ****ING TALKING CRAP TREV !!!

quote:

Just saying, and it was only one page back

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  05:59:27  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I've worked with a lot of people with extremely severe intellectual and physical disabilities that even Jesus in his heyday couldn't help. They're the ones I'm targeting for not having their families go through this same crap on a regular basis.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  07:24:03  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is my point as well, my family member has had chronic rheumatoid arthritis since she was 7 years old, her hands, her feet, in fact most of her joints are ****ed, nothing will change that, she can't use a keyboard as her finger joints are at the point of dislocation, she has had operations on her feet to keep her walking, but 1.5 k's of walking will put her in bed the next day, she is 33 now, but hey good ol' T1 reckons, **** her, set Centrelink on to her, get her a job she will hold down for a day

Sometimes people on this forum just do my head in

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  07:30:38  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That is my point as well, my family member has had chronic rheumatoid arthritis since she was 7 years old, her hands, her feet, in fact most of her joints are ****ed, nothing will change that, she can't use a keyboard as her finger joints are at the point of dislocation, she has had operations on her feet to keep her walking, but 1.5 k's of walking will put her in bed the next day, she is 33 now, but hey good ol' T1 reckons, **** her, set Centrelink on to her, get her a job she will hold down for a day

Sometimes people on this forum just do my head in

your full of crap....Ive never said that and you know it

your deluded mate fair dinkium

I have a child on disability....as I said, you don't know me or my life, so stop talking crap

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 19 Dec 2015 07:40:23
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  08:02:47  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well show some empathy then, and stop being a keyboard warrior

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  08:13:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

well show some empathy then, and stop being a keyboard warrior

keyboard warrior ??....lol...never been called that before

Im all for empathy BUT IMO disabled people need to be looked after far better than they are in this country. To do that we need cash and some folk's are rorting the system...Surley it's ok for a system to be in place to insure people who need the funds receive it and people who don't qualify for it get a job ?

Now let me make this clear for the Trev's of the world ...IAM NOT SAYING THAT THEY NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED CONSTANTLY...but a system need's to be in place and it need's to be better than the current one

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  09:46:11  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"If Scott Morrison can squeeze nearly a billion dollars out of the most vulnerable people in our society, imagine what he could do if he went after his mates in the banking and finance sector."
Tax transparency: Crack down on big companies before cutting welfare, say crossbenchers
The government should not cut benefits to low-income earners if it won't crack down on tax avoidance by large corporations, which costs the budget billions in revenue, crossbenchers say.
Tax transparency data released on Thursday showed 600 of the 1500 largest companies operating in Australia in 2013-14 did not pay a cent in tax.
Crossbenchers have joined Labor and the Greens in challenging Treasurer Scott Morrison's assertion the government has a spending problem, not a revenue problem.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon said on Friday any discussion about cutting welfare now had to be "seen in the context of which companies are paying tax and whether they're paying their fair share of tax".
"This has to form part of the equation now," Senator Xenophon said.
Read more:
http://www.theage.com.au//tax-transparency-crack-down-on-b

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  11:32:24  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's funny, all these people, such as the crossbenchers, the Opposition and media critics making a noise about tax transparency and cracking down on tax avoidance. The Government formed a Senate committee to investigate corporate tax avoidance in its first year in government. It was due to report in June 2015, but due to the amount of evidence it was uncovering, it was extended to August. It was then extended to November, and has now been given a further extension to February 2016. You've probably seen committee spokesman, Labor Senator, Sam Dastyari in short news grabs - and I'm starting to like the guy.

Joe Hockey bumbled and stumbled on corporate tax avoidance, but he was heading in the right direction when he was "replaced". Hockey was asked how much revenue the Government expected to raise by reining in these tax avoiders, but wouldn't(couldn't) put a figure on it. His opposite number in the Opposition said that Labor's plan to crack down on businesses avoiding tax would raise $7.2 billion. I don't know where that plan was - or why it wasn't implemented anytime from 2007 to 2013. Well, I do, actually. It didn't exist until Labor was back in Opposition.

This government isn't protecting its big business mates, but is seriously hampered by international tax laws that these multi-national companies exploit to the nth degree. Anyone saying things like "The Government should crack down on big companies before cutting welfare" can't be paying attention. It's doing both, but it's working to reduce welfare fraud, rather than actually "cutting welfare payments".

Does anyone really think any Australian government would support companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft etc., as well as those multi-national pharmaceutical companies milk billions of dollars out of Australia and not pay tax? All governments should have done more to rein in mining companies that made billions during the mining boom paying minimal/miniscule tax, but better late than never.

I heard some sensational headlines last week about Australian companies such as QANTAS not paying any tax. It's true. For the year in question, QANTAS paid no tax. Well, it paid plenty of tax, such as sales taxes, payroll tax, tax and excises on fuel, etc., but no tax on its profits. QANTAS made a net loss last financial year of $800 million. I don't know what tax QANTAS should pay on losses, but I wouldn't think it should be very much.

Here's a question I heard recently that got me thinking. I have an answer (too rambling to answer here), but think about this: Individuals are taxed on their income. Companies are taxed on their profits. Why?

Edited by - Zac on 20 Dec 2015 11:39:26
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  12:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Typical of a Liberal Government, just go for the low hanging fruit all the time, they are as weak as piss

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

All governments should have done more to rein in mining companies that made billions during the mining boom paying minimal/miniscule tax, but better late than never.
**** me, I nearly choked on my cornflakes, the Labor party tried and you and your 'righties' ****en crucified them for it - I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING NOW!!!!!!

Edited by - Trev on 20 Dec 2015 12:34:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.38 seconds.