V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  14:36:53  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Typical of a Liberal Government, just go for the low hanging fruit all the time, they are as weak as piss

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

All governments should have done more to rein in mining companies that made billions during the mining boom paying minimal/miniscule tax, but better late than never.
**** me, I nearly choked on my cornflakes, the Labor party tried and you and your 'righties' ****en crucified them for it - I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING NOW!!!!!!

wasn't it the ALP who took more money from single mum's than the mining companies ??
sad thing is...doesn't matter who you vote for they will target the less fortunate every time

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  03:53:21  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

All governments should have done more to rein in mining companies that made billions during the mining boom paying minimal/miniscule tax, but better late than never.
**** me, I nearly choked on my cornflakes, the Labor party tried and you and your 'righties' ****en crucified them for it - I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING NOW!!!!!!

You do get confused, Trev. I supported the mining tax - and so did a lot of those 'righties'. I had doubts about how it was implemented. As it turned out, it was badly implemented and never raised even a fraction of what the then government claimed it would.

I'll help you out: Back at the time (2011), you started a thread you called 'Mining Tax'. Your first line was: "I see the mining tax went through yesterday without so much as a murmur from the right." In my reply, I said: "I agree with the mining tax, and there's plenty of MPs in the Coalition who agree with it too. Tony Abbott needs to be careful criticising it as just another big new tax, because the man most likely to take his job agrees with it too."

Here we go... http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35938&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=mining

(Cornflakes on Sunday afternoon? Were you dining out, or had you just woken up?)

Edited by - Zac on 21 Dec 2015 04:13:09
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  05:24:29  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Typical of a Liberal Government, just go for the low hanging fruit all the time, they are as weak as piss

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Hallucinations?
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Dec 2015 :  20:44:22  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

wasn't it the ALP who took more money from single mum's than the mining companies ??
sad thing is...doesn't matter who you vote for they will target the less fortunate every time

Wasn't it the Noalition that cut 1.7 billion from the home assist programs that kept the elderly in their homes rather than them having to go to nursing homes.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Dec 2015 :  20:58:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, thoughts on the Productivity Commission axing Sunday penalty rates?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Dec 2015 :  21:00:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Wasn't it the Noalition that cut 1.7 billion from the home assist programs that kept the elderly in their homes rather than them having to go to nursing homes.

yep, as I said it doesnt matter who you vote for, they all take from the needy

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Dec 2015 :  20:38:49  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The "Righties" only supported the MRRT after it was watered down from it's original form. Before that they were screaming "murder".

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  02:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

So, thoughts on the Productivity Commission axing Sunday penalty rates?

my thoughts:

Firstly I don't agree with it and secondly why only retail and hospitality, why not police, fire fighters, etc?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  07:59:28  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
if you want to work weekends ect you should be compensated for it IMO

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  08:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Typical of this Liberal Government, target the bottom end, that is how they roll

There is no difference between Mal and Tony me thinks, look after the big end of town, the only visible difference between Mal and Tony is that Mal can string a sentence together and sound coherent

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  09:47:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's no surprise that Mal was never "a fully paid up member of the Labor Party". Just another Lib looking after his rich mates - and looking at the poll figures, there seems to be a lot of them.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  11:15:58  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Typical of this Liberal Government, target the bottom end, that is how they roll

no, its typical of ALL governmnets

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  11:28:14  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This weekend penalty rates subject is extremely difficult.
I grew up in a 5 or 51/2 day a week situation where basically everything apart from the family run corner store was closed for the weekend.
In those days, penalty rates were certainly warranted if you had to work outside of the 'normal hours.'

We haven't been a 51/2 day week for many years. Times have changed.
If times have changed why haven't working conditions changed to reflect that?
If a business is a genuine 7 day a week operation then I believe that much of the 'extra money' should be watered down.
I believe that some compensation could be offered if you have to work Sat, Sun or nights but not to the current level.
If your operation is normally a 5 day one then it's fair to have the current levels of 'extra money' for working outside those hours.
The unions have kept gouging businesses without any regard to the consequences and will keep doing do if they are allowed.
A different tier of monetary recompense needs to be worked out to suit these very different times.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 24 Dec 2015 11:32:56
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  11:56:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so, of course you mean nurses, doctors, ambo's, firies, police, etc etc, not just retail and hospitality

If they are then we all need to work 7 days a week for the same hourly rate and not penalise those at the bottom end of pay rates

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  12:59:39  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't say or allude to the same hourly rate Trev.
Read carefully what I wrote...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.92 seconds.