V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  13:54:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Merry Christmas to all who post and read our political thread.

I know there's a 'Happy Festive Season' thread in the Member's section, but I'm just putting this here for those who regularly (or not so regularly) contribute here. To, Trev, Albert, REM, 27GV, LG, Trickyonne, CP, bigcol, bigem, karter, tommo11, Coyote302, and anyone I've missed: Merry Christmas to all of you. Enjoy some quality time with family and friends and forget about politics for a few days.

Even our pollies who shout and scream at each other during the year get into the spirit of Christmas with their opponents (I saw Albo and Christopher Pyne hugging and laughing together a few days ago), so I'm sure we can do the internet equivalent. I enjoy our chats and sparring on here, and never take it too seriously, and so I hope that anyone I've stirred up accepts my best wishes for Christmas in the spirit I give them. Have a great Christmas, all.

My normal posting to resume again shortly...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  14:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Zac, may all members who contribute here have a great day tomorrow, share your day with those that are important to you

Merry Xmas

(and for all you FB users - here is a little Xmas cheer - https://www.facebook.com/wolfgang.wotan/videos/1665004193780692/)

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  22:00:41  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Back to the penalty rates discussion. When it was announced, a spokesman for either the Productivity Commission, or an MP (I can't remember which one) said that it would be a cost saving measure for some businesses.

If you have three employees and pay them double time on a Sunday, then axe the Sunday penalty rates to put on three extra staff, is that really a cost saving measure? Sure, you put more people one, but it isn't really saving costs.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Dec 2015 :  05:36:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are times when having more staff means more customers can be 'processed' faster and more efficiently which can lead to an increase in sales.
There's many ways to look at the picture.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  12:43:43  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What happens to the extra Sunday staff during the rest of the week? There is no guaranty that more staff equals more custom. It's an effort to lower labor cost to stay open longer, not hire more staff. You won't have anymore custom if your customers are busy working weekends.

We are no where near a 7 day economy either.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  13:10:46  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A lot of the extra staff will be educating themselves during the week...
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  14:42:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IMO we should go back to 6 day shopping week

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  19:16:18  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

A lot of the extra staff will be educating themselves during the week...

Really, People are going to live by just working 1-2 days a week?

In reality, there will be no extra staff. If a business can run with 2 employees on a week day, why do they need more on a weekend?

Until every service, profession and business run 7 days week. It is unfair to to remove penalty rates.

If you want to improve employment and the economy, pay the workers, not the top. It's the workers that spend the money, the workers that pay the tax. We've got Morrison whinging about pour wage growth and yet they are spinning the idea of cutting wages.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  06:27:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shakes head...
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  18:54:09  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Merry Christmas to all who post and read our political thread.

I know there's a 'Happy Festive Season' thread in the Member's section, but I'm just putting this here for those who regularly (or not so regularly) contribute here. To, Trev, Albert, REM, 27GV, LG, Trickyonne, CP, bigcol, bigem, karter, tommo11, Coyote302, and anyone I've missed: Merry Christmas to all of you. Enjoy some quality time with family and friends and forget about politics for a few days.

Even our pollies who shout and scream at each other during the year get into the spirit of Christmas with their opponents (I saw Albo and Christopher Pyne hugging and laughing together a few days ago), so I'm sure we can do the internet equivalent. I enjoy our chats and sparring on here, and never take it too seriously, and so I hope that anyone I've stirred up accepts my best wishes for Christmas in the spirit I give them. Have a great Christmas, all.

My normal posting to resume again shortly...

Thanks Mate. Hope you had/are having a good one.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  03:07:40  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/simon-birmingham-dont-expect-schools-election-cash-splash-20151227-glvlpx.html

Looks like Turncoat is ripping the money out of schools and education. To me it seems the only group of people Mal doesn't swindle or screw over is the Muslims who we are chided about protesting against in his overly verbose condescending style.

At least Abbott was strong on national security and not afraid to draw the line in the sand for groups like ISIS. Turncoat is just a great an enemy of the working class and now also weak as **** in national defense, like a capitalist version of the Greens. Let's not even talk about the opposition.

The great leadership drought in this country continues.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  03:26:10  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
AAnd it looks like his smiling assassin Susan Ley is ripping the guts out of Medicare while no-one is supposed to notice

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  13:22:09  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

AAnd it looks like his smiling assassin Susan Ley is ripping the guts out of Medicare while no-one is supposed to notice

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-29/mal-brough-and-jamie-briggs-stand-down-from-frontbench/7058266

And now the resignations continue. 2 ministers on one day!

So much for that good government. Mal, Abbott part two.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  13:52:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good, better, best...

Having those two resign as ministers will make for better government.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  01:38:06  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mal Brough has always been dirty, he worked hard to impress Tony at Tony's own game and got caught, the other is just an egotistical dill

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.62 seconds.