V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  08:57:47  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does this mean the end of the Bullet Train for Australia and The Party Party?

I love looking through the senate sheet to see what some of the weird party names are.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  09:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and probably the Sex Party as well

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Feb 2016 :  11:54:56  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/cory-bernardi-domain-name-bought-by-lgbt-activists/news-story/e535f4a5d26cdbf50d1a68f986b3bd87

interesting...the LGBT are happy to have ongoing discussions about their struggle's....as long as you agree with them. Nice biased reporting too

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2016 :  12:22:29  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

**** both the large parties trying to wipe out the minor parties to keep their corrupt scumbags on the gravy train.

Both major parties are scum.
Let's get your anger pointed in the right direction. Labor is undecided on these reforms, while the Greens and Nick Xenophon support them - although they all want further discussion on exactly what form these reforms will take. Meanwhile: Do you agree that someone with less than 0.4% of the vote should be elected while someone with more than 30% misses out?

I think having a diversity of parties in the parliament is more important than forcing all the votes towards the established parties so we end up like the USA, with two large parties that are corrupt, completely out of touch and absolutely immovable.

The Greens are particularly traitorous considering they themselves probably scored their first seats using just this method. Now they've got their own little army of leftist zombies, I guess they've decided it's too much of a threat because it might allow for small alternatives to form.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 27 Feb 2016 :  20:04:23  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of those beautiful what ifs from our former PM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-27/abbott-predicts-he-would-have-won-election-defends-budget/7204896

With the change of some electoral boundaries, Barnaby now has a saving grave as now doesn't have to worry about not getting votes from the anti mine protesters if he approves the Shenhua mine, which coincidentally isn't his problem after the election date.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Feb 2016 :  05:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How desperate can a Government get, obviously they have no talent, otherwise why would they be asking John Howard for guidance and opinion, all the ****er did was tax the **** out of blue collar workers and horde it up without spending a cent on health and education, oh and he introduced the GST, did **** all else now he is the messiah - ****en idiots

---------------------------------------

Edited by - Trev on 29 Feb 2016 05:33:09
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  09:10:47  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

**** both the large parties trying to wipe out the minor parties to keep their corrupt scumbags on the gravy train.

Both major parties are scum.
Let's get your anger pointed in the right direction. Labor is undecided on these reforms, while the Greens and Nick Xenophon support them - although they all want further discussion on exactly what form these reforms will take. Meanwhile: Do you agree that someone with less than 0.4% of the vote should be elected while someone with more than 30% misses out?

Here's a thought how about we limit the numbers that major political parties can have in the senate

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  15:22:59  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/cory-bernardi-domain-name-bought-by-lgbt-activists/news-story/e535f4a5d26cdbf50d1a68f986b3bd87

interesting...the LGBT are happy to have ongoing discussions about their struggle's....as long as you agree with them. Nice biased reporting too

Do you take pride in being a homophobe?

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  16:38:05  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Here's a thought how about we limit the numbers that major political parties can have in the senate
It's a thought, but would it be democracy? There again, is it democracy now? Each state has 12 senators (plus there are 2 each for the NT and ACT). Tasmania has a population of 516,000. That's 1 senator for every 43,000 people. NSW has a population of 7,618,000 people. That's 1 senator for every 634,833 people. If the Senate had accurate representation, Tasmania would have 1 senator at best, or alternatively, NSW would have 176. Of course, those numbers would never work, but Tasmania being so over-supplied with senators is not fair representation. The same goes for South Australia with 1,698,000 people, and WA with 2,591,000. Maybe that had something to do with PJ Keating referring to the Senate as "unrepresentative swill". I think he was right, although I would have put it more tactfully myself.

quote:
I think having a diversity of parties is more important than forcing all the votes towards the established parties
I don't know about it being more important, but having a greater diversity of parties (and independents] is fine, and I'm all for it - provided they get there fairly. It does happen. Nick Xenophon became a senator without the aid of the 'preference whisperer' rorting the system. So did Brian Harradine and others before him - and prior to turning independent, Jackie Lambie and Glenn Lazarus did so too. Actually, Clive's dollars probably had more to do with their election, but that's another story. The Greens started as a minor party, and now have 7 senators and a major influence on the other major parties.

It's funny though. We can predict which way senators will vote on the current reforms they are debating. You can't go wrong backing self interest. Forget ideals, true beliefs, conviction and everything else. Self interest wins every time. Like Robin Williams (as Mr Keating) said in 'Dead Poets Society': "It was always thus, and always thus will be".

Edited by - Zac on 01 Mar 2016 16:42:38
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  18:08:07  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

quote:

Do you take pride in being a homophobe?

why am I a homophobe ?....

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 01 Mar 2016 18:23:25
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  22:24:48  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm still waiting for a logical reason as to why gay couples should not be able to marry? I am not friends with any gay people or related to any, and I still find it absolutely ludicrous.

Even more ridiculous is why some people, mainly men or conservative couples think their marriage is somehow 'devalued' by potential gay marriage.

Why on earth would people think that about their own marriage, because of the sexuality of other couples who want to get married. And why should gay couple be unable to get married because straight conservative couples are insecure about what their own marriages actually mean.

Some Labor senator has just resigned because of his partys position on gay marriage, well good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out I say to that fool. I bet he and Penny Wong (who is turning into a bigger joke by the day) got along nicely.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 01 Mar 2016 22:27:50
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  22:37:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
interesting when this debate get's raised, one side seem's to resort to name calling.....anyway.....Iam neither for or against gay marriage ATM

I would however like to hear a mature debate about it...listening to BOTH sides, without childish name calling ect...if you caught QandA the other night it was clear that it cant be done yet

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  02:50:22  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

interesting when this debate get's raised, one side seem's to resort to name calling.....anyway.....Iam neither for or against gay marriage ATM

I would however like to hear a mature debate about it...listening to BOTH sides, without childish name calling ect...if you caught QandA the other night it was clear that it cant be done yet

What do you expect on Q and A mate? Not exactly unbiased.

Its actually of little concern to me, I just like antagonising stupid 'conservatives' and religious nutters. Good to hear you are taking a considered approach, I was just trying to get a reaction

I reached my position mainly because of the ridiculous arguments against gay marriage (particularly religious ones, and the ones mentioned in my previous post), rather than the arguments for gay marriage.

Gay marriage in theory should be of little concern to me really, I don't know many homosexuals, the one from my school a few years ago wasn't a bad bloke at all, but who am I or who is anyone to say that gays can't get married simply because of their insecure/religious reasons. Again I can't believe that some religious people somehow feel their marriage(s) would be devalued by gay marriage being 'legalised'. Mustn't love each other that much if something that's in theory completely irrelevant to them could 'devalue' their marriage?

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 02 Mar 2016 02:53:20
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  07:14:59  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you all take the time to read our Constitution you will see it doesn't mention 'Parties' anywhere

Also **** off with the gay homo-sexual marriage discussion, it doesn't have a place in here

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by - Trev on 02 Mar 2016 12:27:13
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  07:47:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I should have checked before I posted that there are 7 Green senators. There are 10. That's 10 senators in a total of 76. In the Lower House, there is 1 Green MP in a total of 176. That shows the difference in voting methods for the Senate and the Lower House. 2 Green senators from Tasmania, 2 from SA, 2 from WA. There are 2 from Victoria and 1 from Queensland and 1 from NSW. That's not proportional representation, although I know and understand why the Constitution was written that way.

Edited by - Zac on 02 Mar 2016 08:29:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.92 seconds.