V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Mar 2016 :  18:14:25  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I never say never.

Never, ever?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Mar 2016 :  18:34:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This shall be quite the discussion over the next few months.

The battleground will be on a future mine site, which will no longer be part of their electorate come election day.

The challengers will be a Deputy PM that is "against mining" but is good buddies with one of Australia's prominent miners vs a former independent MP who is "against mining", but has a farm next to a coalmine, that is pumping water on to it after the mining company punctured the water table.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-10/joyce-prepared-for-battle-against-windsor/7235642

Edited by - CP on 10 Mar 2016 18:35:15
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Mar 2016 :  18:38:17  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I never say never.

Never, ever?

I never have
I never would
I never will
I never could

I would not say it here or there
I would not say it any where
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  05:33:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon I will put my money on Tony Windsor, time has told that his decision to support the Gillard Government was the right one, Abbott proved to his Party and the Australian public just how incompetent as a PM he was

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  14:46:32  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Grab ya popcorn as Tones vs Bronny recriminations kick on.....as they say, a divided house....

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/mar/11/bronwyn-bishop-endorses-account-that-abbott-office-overruled-choppergate-apology?CMP=soc_567

First dog on fire...the catastrophe that was the Abbott Govt....it wasn't just Credlin's fault!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2016/mar/11/surely-we-have-to-take-some-responsibility-for-electing-this-giant-man-baby?CMP=soc_567

Edited by - REM on 11 Mar 2016 16:34:05
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  17:37:59  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM
First dog on fire...

The only thing that literary diarrhea posing as a "comic" deserves.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  18:11:01  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by REM
First dog on fire...

Are you Tony, Bronny, Smokin Joe....or Paul Sheenan?

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  18:49:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM
First dog on fire...

Oh no, someone dared disagree with you...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  19:07:57  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

This shall be quite the discussion over the next few months.

The battleground will be on a future mine site, which will no longer be part of their electorate come election day.

The challengers will be a Deputy PM that is "against mining" but is good buddies with one of Australia's prominent miners vs a former independent MP who is "against mining", but has a farm next to a coalmine, that is pumping water on to it after the mining company punctured the water table.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-10/joyce-prepared-for-battle-against-windsor/7235642

Windsor showed his true colours by backing Gillard when she was able to form a minority government. I'm surprised he's running again as the electorate should see right through him. That said, he might fracture the vote (i.e. get some disgruntled Nationals' voters and Labor) and pull over the line with Labor and Green preferences.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  19:33:18  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM
First dog on fire...

More like....Oh no....some one called you out.....
People disagree with me on here all the time....

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 12 Mar 2016 :  12:26:00  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM
First dog on fire...

More like....Oh no....some one called you out.....
People disagree with me on here all the time....

Called me out? You were triggered by me not liking the lefty rant that is First Dog. First Dog is good for one thing, and that's proving some people can use 10,000 words in a "comic" and still say nothing.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  09:27:23  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

Windsor showed his true colours by backing Gillard when she was able to form a minority government. I'm surprised he's running again as the electorate should see right through him. That said, he might fracture the vote (i.e. get some disgruntled Nationals' voters and Labor) and pull over the line with Labor and Green preferences.

Opposed to backing Abbott to form a minority government? Or are we forgetting the Coalition didn;t have the numbers either? Windsor stood as an independent, doing so gave him the option of picking sides.

History has proven he made the right choice. Abbott couldn't even hold a majority government let alone a minority one.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  11:04:24  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Opposed to backing Abbott to form a minority government? Or are we forgetting the Coalition didn;t have the numbers either? Windsor stood as an independent, doing so gave him the option of picking sides.

History has proven he made the right choice. Abbott couldn't even hold a majority government let alone a minority one.

You don't think the same would have happened to Abbott if he did form a minority government that Turnbull would have challenged him and replaced him as leader?

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  12:21:59  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it doesn't matter who leads the Coalition. They are void of policy and the thought bubbles they have tried to pass off as policy targets the working poor.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  12:54:14  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/barnaby-to-be-tied-up-in-windsor-knot-20160311-gngm1x.html

According to this, the current Deputy PM could be dethroned as the phone poll results are pretty close since Tony Windsor's announcement.

Unfortunately for Barnaby, some of his big ideas are next to impossible. He is a big believer in developing the north (there is a reason why that hasn't happened) and building more dams to drought proof Australia (and it hasn't rained in this part of the world for over a month, so building a new dam would be pretty ****ing pointless).

The biggest and most noteworthy thing he has done was telling two dogs to bugger off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.31 seconds.