V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  13:53:27  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope Tony Windsor does well. I'm voting for small parties this year as a protest against the horrible "reform" laws the Greens, Liberals, ALP support.

Barnaby is an ignorant clown who's more of an annoyance to farmers than a person representing their interests. He's the same brand of inarticulate stuffed shirt that Abbott and Hockey were.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  22:12:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Funny but i've just noticed that we haven't had some one having a go at how much debt this country is in since the election.

Well Toned Abbs, Sloppy Joe, Mal Turncoat, an Moneysum have now taken our debt from roughly 300 billion up to a trillion.
A trillion ****ing dollars. It took Labor 6 years to run up 300 billion yet these four ****ing dimwits can rack up another 700 billion in less than 3 years

You know what, I'm still waiting for the adults and the better money managers to govern

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  22:49:30  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
School halls, pink batts, NBN, $900 Cheques...What do we have to show for the Liberal debt?

When Labor were booted in 2013 net debt was just under $300B. In the 2 and a bit years the Libs have been in, they have added almost half that again. Net debt is running around $445B

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  23:34:54  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was the signature crowing about bringing the budget back under control just a Tony thing?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 14 Mar 2016 :  03:23:12  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Funny but i've just noticed that we haven't had some one having a go at how much debt this country is in since the election.

Well Toned Abbs, Sloppy Joe, Mal Turncoat, an Moneysum have now taken our debt from roughly 300 billion up to a trillion.
A trillion ****ing dollars. It took Labor 6 years to run up 300 billion yet these four ****ing dimwits can rack up another 700 billion in less than 3 years

You know what, I'm still waiting for the adults and the better money managers to govern

All the big parties are dimwits, the Greens being the most dimwitted among them.

But the debt issue is one of structural failure plaguing the Western world, thankfully we aren't throwing away money on economic migrants like Europe (aside from the $55 million pissed away on the Cambodia solution). The GST hike was a regressive mess and the corporations have us by the balls if we ever tried to raise company tax.

The worst thing the government has done is kowtow to the USA at the expense of China and India, who will no doubt be our biggest trading partners for the next 3 generations.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 16 Mar 2016 :  14:39:34  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

The worst thing the government has done is kowtow to the USA at the expense of China and India, who will no doubt be our biggest trading partners for the next 3 generations.

I do agree with this.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Mar 2016 :  08:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If we want this country to grow then we need to deal with countries that have an economy that can help us and the USA is NOT one of them

Oh and welcome back Bundy1,2,3,4,5.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Windsor will win, his choice to side with the Gillard Labor Government has proven to be the right choice, Abbott was incompetent before he won office, all winning the office did was to prove to the Nation just how incompetent he was/is, it took a while but even his own Party realised and gave him the arse and rightfully so

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 18 Mar 2016 08:25:19
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Mar 2016 :  17:24:50  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/03/18/13/28/office-of-south-australian-senator-cory-bernardi-trashed-by-protesters

and again :(

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Mar 2016 :  17:41:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Debt has certainly increased, but let's not get carried away, Col. Yes, it was roughly $300 Billion when Abbott became PM in September 2013 (having risen from below zero when Kevin Rudd became PM in 2007). It rose to around $370 billion by January 2015, and is now up to around $405 billion. Way too much, and not enough being done about it (although it must be hard to do much about it when so many initiatives to reduce debt get knocked back in the Senate) - but it's got a long way to go to get to $1 trillion. Will we get there? Watch this space...

Edited by - Zac on 18 Mar 2016 17:47:21
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  01:49:05  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

If we want this country to grow then we need to deal with countries that have an economy that can help us and the USA is NOT one of them

Oh and welcome back Bundy1,2,3,4,5.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Windsor will win, his choice to side with the Gillard Labor Government has proven to be the right choice, Abbott was incompetent before he won office, all winning the office did was to prove to the Nation just how incompetent he was/is, it took a while but even his own Party realised and gave him the arse and rightfully so

Thanks Trev. I've been busy so I couldn't get to this thread to reply earlier.

But yeah not surprising that I disagree with you about the value of Windsor's decision to support Gillard in 2010 so I'll just leave it at that

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  03:21:08  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/03/18/13/28/office-of-south-australian-senator-cory-bernardi-trashed-by-protesters

and again :(

I don't exactly like this bloke at all, but the far left are absolute hypocrites when it comes to tolerance of opinions. Trashing his office, reportedly leaving his wife running for cover? Real tolerant, and inclusive that.

On the debt, while you could argue that both sides should have foreseen this, particularly the libs, but the massive drop in commodities surely hasn't helped reigning it in.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 21 Mar 2016 03:24:27
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  07:05:10  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and the Labor Party said that (about the commodities) and were roundly **** bagged by Abbott (as Opposition Leader) at his most negative (if there was ever a time when he was more negative that other times)

If anyone wants to talk 'hypocrites', type it into to Google and you get a hyperlink to the Liberal Party website, bunch of 2 faced ****ers

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  14:38:40  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev
and the Labor Party said that (about the commodities) and were roundly **** bagged by Abbott (as Opposition Leader) at his most negative (if there was ever a time when he was more negative that other times)
That was one time Tony was right. Australian commodity prices remained relatively flat from the late 1980s until the early 2000s. They increased quite rapidly from around 2002 until 2006, then went through the roof in 2007 and then dropped back to early 2000 levels in 2008 in the wake of the GFC. They then went up again, higher than ever before until around 2011, then started dropping again as (mainly) the Chinese economy flattened. They have continued dropping rapidly and are now back to early 2000 levels and continue to fall.

You could produce a graph showing Australia's commodity prices going on a record-breaking rise during the Labor Government years, then starting to drop not long before the Abbott Government in 2013. Coincidence? Well, there was nothing Labor did to make them rise as they did, and nothing the Coalition did to make them fall - but Tones was right. Government revenue from our commodity prices was at its greatest during Labor's time in power, and it that revenue has crashed since. Don't believe me? Here's a graph from the Reserve Bank: http://www.rba.gov.au/chart-pack/commodity-prices.html
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  15:03:08  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/03/21/10/44/parliament-to-return-early-on-april-18

early election coming up

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  15:42:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you missed my point Zac, Wayne Swan was saying commodity prices were falling and all Abbott did was **** bag them for poor management, now the shoe is on the other foot, suck **** Libs

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.41 seconds.