V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  12:30:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You live in la la land rabbits if you honestly believe we would have been exempt from the GFC, sorry old mate, but I think you are losing more and more credibility all the time, where are the 'facts' to support your argument that would we have been expempt, and please don't insult our intelligence by posting some links to right wing journalists speculation FFS.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  13:13:14  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Credibility? To who? You?

That'll keep me up at night.

Do some reading. Learn something new.

It's not whether 'I believe' it had no effect, and it's not even whether 'you feel or think' there's no way it couldn't have - pure economic DATA shows it had no effect on us - for all intents and purposes our resources boom and strong position created by the Liberals insulated us against what was happening elsewere.

Thems the FACTS, whether they suit your tirade against me or not.

And what, do you think I am going to find a ALP.org website that's going to say it was a **** thing?? OK.

The only thing that was affected was confidence, which eventually had an effect, but that was only because the Goct kept telling us how bad it would get - I won't even go into that any further....you'll have your own opinion, I'm sure.

But boy oh boy all those Japanese-made gaming consoles and cheap Korean TV's would have helped things, yeah?

From a book I read, that Swan didn't :

"It was less than a week after 9/11, as the country readied for war, when my bad luck streak finally ended. I was glued to the TV set when an old friend called from out of the blue and started asking me for advice about something he kept referring to as the 'refi boom'.
Home-mortgage rates had just fallen to record lows, and Americans were refinancing in droves.

She so much as said, "Listen, get me as much f*****g cash as possible, and I don't give a **** if the rate's exactly the same as it is now. I just want to redecorate my home and travel to exotic places and buy a new sewing machine and a flat-screen TV and a twin-engined speedboat, and then I want to pay of the balances on my credit cards so I can run them back up again in six months and refi once more!"
"And by the way, if you can figure out a way to get me approved for one of those newfangled adjustable-rate mortgages, where the paymen is supercheap for the first few years and then explodes to a level that I won't possibly be able to afford, then that's what I want too. I'll worry about the repayment when I'm living in a homeless shelter!"

Ahhh, the refi boom. It was everything my friend had made it out to be. One day, of course, there would be hell to pay for all these newfangled mortgage products-products that allowed anyone with a pulse and a Social Security number ( regardless of credit rating or income ) to borrow 110 percent of the value of their home and worry about being able to afford the payment at some murky point down the road. But, still, for today it was wonderful; and all the homeowners and builders and bankers and mortgage brokers and real estate brokers and appraisers and retailers of luxury items and, of course, all the Wall Street hedge-fund managers who were buying these whacky mortgages to lock in perceived profits-which they could then tout to investors to support the notion of their continued mastery of the universe-couldn't be happier. And, of course, I was happiest of all.
Within a week I had grossed $50,000 in commission, and the week after that I doubled it. "

AAAAHHHHHH ****ING DEEEERRRRR........THE AMERCIAN ECONOMY COLLAPSED????
SHOCK ME!!!!!!

**** me.....

When were the Libs saying we needed to prepare for a 'rainy day' because it was coming??? 1996 to 2007, wasn't it??
Costello made particularly strong reforms, which everyone bitched about, in......2001!!!!

Makes all your pissing and moaning about the Libs tucking cash away weak and pathetic when you actually put it into context, doesn't it?
Like I keep saying - you blokes are arguing about things you have no ****ing clue about....

I have other books with the same 'prediction' from at least 4 or 5 other authors....Robery Kyosaki ( Rich Dad Poor Dad ) wrote a whole book called 'The Prophecy' in 2004 about the US stock market, subprime disaster waiting to happen, and the fact the US Govt couldn't possibly fund the superannuation of the people due to retire over, what was then, the next 10 to 20 years.

The recent events are no mystery - that's what I can't get my head around. As soon as Swan and Gillard got the country's keycard, they just spent the lot and more with complete disregard....I guess the smug little arrogant public administrator knows best, though - we're in good hands...

Clearly Costello didn't wake up at the same time each day, have the same thing for breakfast, and read the same paper, and watch the same TV show and read the same internet stories, do the same **** for 8 hours, 5 days a week before having the same monday-meal just before going to bed at the same time day after day after day like some seem to......

Edited by - rabbits on 10 May 2012 13:43:51
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  13:58:58  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
an awful lot of rambling, some of which does not support your own argument which I will get to in a second.

Firstly I asked you for proof, not some ramblings and you give us ramblings with no evidence to support your argument.

Secondly, you stated previously that there was no GFC for Australia, so why did Costello (according to you) store all this cash away knowing that bad times were coming, it seems to be that you are contradicting yourself.

Edited by - Trev on 10 May 2012 14:21:33
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  14:05:18  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seriously, Trev?

Is that really your reply?

Edited by - rabbits on 10 May 2012 14:06:20
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  14:19:59  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You remind me of a holocaust denier, your response is almost laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  14:24:16  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And your replies are so simple they are no longer worth my time replying to.

I really gave you more credit than that.

How wrong I was.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  14:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
See ya rabbits.

Can't win the argument so off you go, bat and ball under your arm

Edited by - Trev on 10 May 2012 14:33:53
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  16:17:58  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

The difference, Albert, is that under the Libs were WEREN'T in debt!! haha!! Nice try, though....

Only for the last couple of years and sold the golden geese to do it. Telstra alway made a profit, it was a cash cow, sold off for a one off gain. Like Swans surplus now, there was no urgency to get out of debt.

Howard also enjoyed record tax revenue. As a result of the world financial situation revenue has fallen, the Government has to borrow to atleast maintain the standards we all enjoy. Or would you prefer Austrlia to go backwards?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  16:23:23  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What are we discussing here? I've kind-of lost whatever the point is - or was.

I'll head off in a new direction: Craig Thomson and Peter Slipper, or Craig Thomson and Mike Williamson. Who's paying their legal bills? Thomson's are being paid by the Labor Party, despite not belonging to the Labor Party - and to defend him for alleged offences before he became a politician. Williamson's are being paid by the HSU. The union his alleged offences were committed against. In both cases: How does that work? That brings me to Our PM and questions she was asked on the ABC this morning. She was asked whether the ALP was paying Thomson's legal bills, and she answered that that was a matter between him and the NSW branch. When pressed, she continued with the same non-answer. I guessed from her refusal to give a direct answer that the ALP was paying his bills, and sure enough a few hours later, the ABC reported that the ALP was paying those bills. Why does she obfuscate like this? Why not just tell us and save herself from looking as evasive and unable to answer questions as ever?

Edited by - Zac on 10 May 2012 16:28:09
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  16:23:48  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
She probably didn't know - much like the rest of what's going on - clueless....the alternative is she lied, which is just as plausible.

We are/were discussing the GFC, wasted stimulus money, false figures from the ALP and their inability to have a clue - just the usual!

Albert, there's a saying : if you're in a hole and want to get out, stop digging.

The twist on that is we weren't in a hole until the (unnecessary)spending started.

Swan thinks he's done a good thing by delivering a surplus budget, but no-one else does - I just wonder why he won't listen to those that obviously know more than he does.

Have you seen the report that they are going to borrow another $50 Billion taking the total to $300 billion we owe?
The interest payment on the extra $50bn will erase his surplus on it's own. It's all lies and he knows it.

Edited by - rabbits on 10 May 2012 16:27:18
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  16:30:16  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

What are we discussing here? I've kind-of lost whatever the point is - or was.

I'll head off in a new direction: Craig Thomson and Peter Slipper, or Craig Thomson and Mike Williamson. Who's paying their legal bills? Thomson's are being paid by the Labor Party, despite not belonging to the Labor Party - and to defend him for alleged offences before he became a politician. Williamson's are being paid by the HSU. The union his alleged offences were committed against. In both cases: How does that work? That brings me to Our PM and questions she was asked on the ABC this morning. She was asked whether the ALP was paying Thomson's legal bills, and she answered that that was a matter between him and the NSW branch. When pressed, she continued with the same non-answer. I guessed from her refusal to give a direct answer that the ALP was paying his bills, and sure enough a few hours later, the ABC reported that the ALP was paying those bills. Why does she obfuscate like this? Why not just tell us and save herself from looking as evasive and unable to answer questions as ever?

A small point of order Zac, the NSW Labor Party are/were paying his legal fees, not Federal ALP. It is a bit hard for Gillard to answer questions about NSW Labor when she has nothing to do with them. I blame the media for this confusion, they keep saying Labor when they should be more accurate, I believe they do this on purpose as the average punter wouldn't know the difference plus the headlines wouldn't be anywhere near as explosive would they.

A former Federal Lib had his dubious fees paid for him by the Victorian Libs so there is a precedent -

Edited by - Trev on 10 May 2012 16:35:53
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  17:36:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's not the precedent that intrigues me as much as the evasiveness. There is no doubt that Julia knew full well that the Labor Party (NSW branch) was paying his legal bills. She didn't even try to tell us that she didn't know, she just obfuscated - as usual.

Edited by - Zac on 10 May 2012 17:38:12
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  17:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, how do you know she knew?

As far as the obfuscation, sh!t she is good at it, she has learned from some masters, if only Tony could work it out - LOL

Edited by - Trev on 10 May 2012 17:45:55
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  18:27:18  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If only her obfuscation translated into votes, rather than driving them away in droves.

If you believe that she doesn't know Craig Thomson's legal situation, you'll believe anything.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 May 2012 :  00:45:01  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rabs you're delusional and way out of touch with reality if you think that the GFC wouldn't and or didn't affect Australia.

You need to step away from your mining related business and see how the rest of us are going.

Try telling the building and tourism sector that the GFC didn't affect us.

Mate i'm like Zac. I don't like what this government has done but really the opposition are a bunch of retards and thats actually being nice to them.

Never before have we had such a poor choice of political leaders and parties.

Yeah sure vote the Labor party out at the next election but mate i'll tell you one thing if the clowns in the opposition take the reigns we'll have another change of government at the election after that because when you have a good look at them they'll go from one **** up top the next just like Labor

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 14.72 seconds.