V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 16 Jun 2016 :  23:47:01  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am just going to pick up on one thing in today's election headlines which was the commitment by the Labor Party to pledge $100 million to Arrium where it goes without saying that it seems as though that (1) they have forgotten that the $50 billion submarine building project which has bi-partisan support is going to draw heavily on the Australia steel sector for its materials in building the submarines; that (2) the Coalition has already brought forward millions of dollars worth of rail infrastructure projects where again the Australian steel sector will be heavily drawn upon to provide the materials; that (3) they have forgotten to remember about the efforts of Bluescope Steel in Newcastle where they were a loss making business and have now turned that around where I note that Arrium have already found I think it is $300 million dollars worth of savings and finally you would think that they would have learnt from the car industry and the billions that they threw at all the manufacturers that manufactured cars in Australia that it is throwing good money after bad really when you think of the investments that the Australian government made for the car companies to pretty much pack up and not really continue to manufacture cars further to a time when you could truly consider that they have paid the Australian taxpayer back.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion



Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  08:46:18  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Oh no, we have another GFC denier amongst us

I love this Labor / Greens coalition rubbish, come on Einstein how many Greens were part of this fictisous 'coalition' LOL, compared to how many 'independents' assisted Labor to govern, a self perpetuating lie, keep it up, more people will start to believe it.


I can't wait for the bull**** to start so I will answer my own question

3 'independents' in the lower house, Wilkie, Windsor & Oakeshot

The huge amount of Greens that formed a coalition with Labor was ONE, Adam Bandt, the ONLY Green in the lower house, seriously you blokes are ****wits to keep perpetuating this lie, Abbott will love you all



Where did I say the GFC didn't happen?? What I said Labor/Greens managed to turn a rather large surplus into a huge deficit, very quickly! Australia didn't have a revenue problem then and doesn't have one now, it has a spending problem.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.








_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  10:38:30  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And how do you think you need to trade your way through a global financial crisis, you do it by resposible spending, yes I admit that some of Labor spending was hit and miss but overall it met the mark to stop us going down the gurgler like other western economies, Howard/Costello would have put us squarely in the **** with their "no spend" attitude, oh sorry except when they were buying votes and establishing 'middle class welfare'


Zac, As far as the Labor - Green coalition, there was ONE Green member in the Lower House, Government is formed in the Lower House, not the Upper House - full stop

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  12:11:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
..and that formed government needs a majority vote in the Senate to pass any policy or legislation it wants to implement exclamation mark
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  13:09:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and that Upper House support can come in many forms, no different to the Liberals currently TRYING to negotiate with the minor parties at the moment, if Abbott hadn't been so aggressive with them from the start they would probably have been more user friendly, they are now reaping what Abbott sowed - stiff **** for them

The most telling thing to me about the Labor minority government was Tony Windsors comments about the then Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, again he ****ed his parties chances of Governing at all and properly

And for the record "Tony Windsor FTW"


===================================================

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 17 Jun 2016 13:11:16
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  17:05:17  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
FTW? You've got me again with acronyms. Is it to do with Windsor winning New England? New England is probably the most interesting seat in this election. I'm neither a Tony Windsor nor a Barnaby fan, but Barnaby is definitely the more entertaining. As for who will win - I don't know, but the bookies usually get it pretty right. They have Barnaby at $1.30 for the win, Windsor at $3.30, the Labor guy at 34.00, and the other six or seven candidates nowhere.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  19:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
FTW = for the win

quote:
Question: What Is 'FTW'? What Does It Mean?


Answer: In 2016, the most common meaning of 'FTW' is 'for the win', an internet cheer used to express enthusiasm around an achievement. It can also be used in place of 'epic win' and other expressions of victory.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  20:05:48  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

FTW? You've got me again with acronyms. Is it to do with Windsor winning New England? New England is probably the most interesting seat in this election. I'm neither a Tony Windsor nor a Barnaby fan, but Barnaby is definitely the more entertaining. As for who will win - I don't know, but the bookies usually get it pretty right. They have Barnaby at $1.30 for the win, Windsor at $3.30, the Labor guy at 34.00, and the other six or seven candidates nowhere.



It isn't. The seat of Brisbane is.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  20:28:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
**** off troll

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 17 Jun 2016 :  21:26:51  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I would have thought that a seat that is showing odds of $1.80 for a Liberal win vs $1.90 for a Labor win is far more interesting than a seat that lists the 2nd favourite at $3.30 but then again maybe this is a southern thing

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2016 :  12:09:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Being close doesn't make it interesting. I just had a look at the electorate of Brisbane and its candidates. I've never heard of any of them. OTOH, almost everyone in Australia has heard of Barnaby Joyce and Tony Windsor. Both are well and widely known for different reasons. I look at various media, both national and local, and see stuff about New England and Joyce and Windsor all the time. There's more written and recorded about them in this election than anyone apart from the PM and Bill Shorten, probably because they're interesting and the contest is interesting - probably more than any other electorate, and certainly more than Brisbane. The only mention I've seen of Brisbane so far was when you mentioned it, and when I went specifically Googling for it. Sounds like it's mildly interesting to the people in Brisbane.

14 and counting... a pretty uninteresting election so far. These "Leader debates" are the dullest I can recall. Where's, Keating, Howard and Hawke, with Bob Brown in there somewhere to make things interesting? At least we've got Barnaby and Tony Joyce. Oh, and Evans and O'Neill for those interested in Brisbane.

Edited by - Zac on 18 Jun 2016 13:10:03
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2016 :  20:33:28  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Being close doesn't make it interesting. I just had a look at the electorate of Brisbane and its candidates. I've never heard of any of them. OTOH, almost everyone in Australia has heard of Barnaby Joyce and Tony Windsor. Both are well and widely known for different reasons. I look at various media, both national and local, and see stuff about New England and Joyce and Windsor all the time. There's more written and recorded about them in this election than anyone apart from the PM and Bill Shorten, probably because they're interesting and the contest is interesting - probably more than any other electorate, and certainly more than Brisbane. The only mention I've seen of Brisbane so far was when you mentioned it, and when I went specifically Googling for it. Sounds like it's mildly interesting to the people in Brisbane.




Yeah probably written about more in the Fairfax and other independent publications that lean left and slightly left because of the hope, albeit misguided hope, that a conservative scalp could be on the chopping block when I can't really see him having much hope (which the odds reflect) given how he sold out the electorate to the Labor party.

quote:
Originally posted by Zac


14 and counting... a pretty uninteresting election so far. These "Leader debates" are the dullest I can recall. Where's, Keating, Howard and Hawke, with Bob Brown in there somewhere to make things interesting? At least we've got Barnaby and Tony Joyce. Oh, and Evans and O'Neill for those interested in Brisbane.


Well these two haven't exactly been quiet with Howard campaigning in the seat of Mayo and Hawke appearing on election advertising for the Labor Party but at least in terms of negative smear campaigns that Howard has it over Hawke given the downright deception that the Labor Party HQ stooges are telling Hawke to say regarding the privitisation of medicare.


Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389




Edited by - bundy1 on 18 Jun 2016 20:37:23
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Jun 2016 :  23:58:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

(1)Yeah probably written about more in the Fairfax and other independent publications that lean left and slightly left because of the hope, albeit misguided hope, that a conservative scalp could be....

yadda, yadda

(2)Well these two haven't exactly been quiet with Howard campaigning in the seat of Mayo and Hawke appearing on election advertising for the Labor Party but at least in terms of negative smear campaigns....

more yadda


(1)No. Covered more in all media outlets: 7, 9, 10, Sky, 2GB, Daily Telegraph, Courier Mail, Fin Review, The Australian...

(2)I was referring to the more interesting elections of the '80s and '90s. Nothing to do with wheeling out Hawkie one more time for an ad, or Howard campaigning for a candidate in an electorate somewhere.

You being obtuse, whether it's through ignorance or some other reason doesn't work here.

Edited by - Zac on 19 Jun 2016 00:01:28
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 19 Jun 2016 :  00:10:05  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

(1)Yeah probably written about more in the Fairfax and other independent publications that lean left and slightly left because of the hope, albeit misguided hope, that a conservative scalp could be....

yadda, yadda

(2)Well these two haven't exactly been quiet with Howard campaigning in the seat of Mayo and Hawke appearing on election advertising for the Labor Party but at least in terms of negative smear campaigns....

more yadda


(1)No. Covered more in all media outlets: 7, 9, 10, Sky, 2GB, Daily Telegraph, Courier Mail, Fin Review, The Australian...

(2)I was referring to the more interesting elections of the '80s and '90s. Nothing to do with wheeling out Hawkie one more time for an ad, or Howard campaigning for a candidate in an electorate somewhere.

You being obtuse, whether it's through ignorance or some other reason doesn't work here.



I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I probably haven't been able to keep on top of the media coverage of the election as well as you have so I concede that you are mostly likely correct about New England v Brisbane. This still doesn't change my opinion that they are focusing on the wrong seat or spending too much time on it as their "most interesting" seat to watch.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Jun 2016 :  07:11:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

You being obtuse, whether it's through ignorance or some other reason doesn't work here.

He is nothing but a troll Zac, I don't know why you are bothering to respond, I don't anymore, I just ignore him, it is the best way to treat them, if they can't get a rise then they just go away

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.12 seconds.