V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  10:23:07  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

hahahahahaha, the Liberals are going to have to work with the Greens and Independents if they want to govern (just like Gillard did) - LOL

They reap what they sow, it all comes home to roost at some point

Looking more likely that we'll have an ALP minority govt.

Senate is guaranteed to be hostile to either party if they win.

I don't know where you are getting those figures from but from my reading and how the pre-poll and postal votes will play out which will wipe any lead that Labor has in the seats atm from between 500 and 1000 votes that the LNP will form a majority government of 78 seats.

On the election result what I will say that it has only been made this close because of a disgraceful scare campaign by Labor built on lies and deceit about medicare. It is the worst scare campaign that I have seen ever since I have been watching federal elections since 98 and perhaps Zac can elaborate further as to before then.

Now, of course that bit hard in western Sydney and Tasmania (traditional Labor areas as a whole) and really if seats were to be lost that they would be lost there which is normally the case after 1 term of government that we see swings of up to 3% against the government (see Howard, Gillard).

However, also we saw as I said above that Andrews played a massive role in this election with the Victorian government stifling the CFA and perhaps with seats like Corangamite, Dunkley and La Trobe which should have fallen will hold up but the same can be said for Queensland seats such as Capriconia, Petrie and Forde.

And I think at the end of the day that whilst this result doesn't look good on paper that if we analyse how it will work well the government will have a majority in the lower house, albeit a slight one but in the upper house where it is expected that Xenophone will pick up 3 senate seats and surprisingly One Nation (on the back of picking up the PUP vote and some of the Tony Abbott "right" vote in the LNP) will pick up maybe 2-3 and then you have Hinch and Lambie who aren't exactly left wing with the Coalition picking up maybe 29-31 senators with their stronger primary vote compared to Labor (who will pick up 24-26 senators) then I can see a pretty strong conservative voting block there to get some of the key legislation through such as the ABCC (and yes I know that Xenophone will make it out that he is centre but he isn't too far away from Turnbull in the centre right of politics).

BS.

The senate, judging by how the quotas are right now, will be:

28 LNP
27 ALP
8 Greens
3 One Nation
3 Nick X
1 Jackie Lambie
1 Derryn Hinch

and then there are 4 that are impossible to call right now.

Assuming that Nicky boy and Lambie are true centerists (which they appear to be when votes are weighed up), you'll have...

28+3+1 on the "right" and then 27+8 on the "left" with another 3+1 in the "center" (ignoring the 4 more to be added which could go in any direction.

That means you'll have 32 vs 35 with up to 8 wildcards. The right will have a harder time governing as it needs 39 to pass anything. That's all the center plus 3 of the 4 wildcards. The left just needs Xenophon and one other (who could be another Green or a left wing microparty.)

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  10:31:14  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hahahahahaha, the Liberals are going to have to work with the Greens and Independents if they want to govern (just like Gillard did) - LOL

I don't know where you are getting those figures from but from my reading and how the pre-poll and postal votes will play out which will wipe any lead that Labor has in the seats atm from between 500 and 1000 votes that the LNP will form a majority government of 78 seats.

On the election result what I will say that it has only been made this close because of a disgraceful scare campaign by Labor built on lies and deceit about medicare. It is the worst scare campaign that I have seen ever since I have been watching federal elections since 98 and perhaps Zac can elaborate further as to before then.

Now, of course that bit hard in western Sydney and Tasmania (traditional Labor areas as a whole) and really if seats were to be lost that they would be lost there which is normally the case after 1 term of government that we see swings of up to 3% against the government (see Howard, Gillard).

However, also we saw as I said above that Andrews played a massive role in this election with the Victorian government stifling the CFA and perhaps with seats like Corangamite, Dunkley and La Trobe which should have fallen will hold up but the same can be said for Queensland seats such as Capriconia, Petrie and Forde.

And I think at the end of the day that whilst this result doesn't look good on paper that if we analyse how it will work well the government will have a majority in the lower house, albeit a slight one but in the upper house where it is expected that Xenophone will pick up 3 senate seats and surprisingly One Nation (on the back of picking up the PUP vote and some of the Tony Abbott "right" vote in the LNP) will pick up maybe 2-3 and then you have Hinch and Lambie who aren't exactly left wing with the Coalition picking up maybe 29-31 senators with their stronger primary vote compared to Labor (who will pick up 24-26 senators) then I can see a pretty strong conservative voting block there to get some of the key legislation through such as the ABCC (and yes I know that Xenophone will make it out that he is centre but he isn't too far away from Turnbull in the centre right of politics).

BS.

28 LNP
27 ALP
8 Greens
3 One Nation
3 Nick X
1 Jackie Lambie
1 Derryn Hinch

Assuming that Nicky boy and Lambie are true centerists (which they appear to be when votes are weighed up), you'll have...

28+3+1 on the "right" and then 27+8 on the "left" with another 3+1 in the "center" (ignoring the 4 more to be added which could go in any direction.

That means you'll have 32 vs 35 with up to 8 wildcards. The right will have a harder time governing as it needs 39 to pass anything. That's all the center plus 3 of the 4 wildcards. The left just needs Xenophon and one other (who could be another Green or a left wing microparty.)

I would add at least an extra 1 to the LNP and take off at least an extra 1 to the ALP (if your quotas are correct to begin with as again I would argue that they are out by at least 1) that the pre polls and postals will go at least 60-40 in the Coalition's favour and with a record number of them this year with up to 30,000 in each seat that the Labor party vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate is only going to get worse from here.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Edited by - bundy1 on 03 Jul 2016 10:31:54
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  11:54:51  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BS.

28 LNP
27 ALP
8 Greens
3 One Nation
3 Nick X
1 Jackie Lambie
1 Derryn Hinch

I would add at least an extra 1 to the LNP and take off at least an extra 1 to the ALP (if your quotas are correct to begin with as again I would argue that they are out by at least 1) that the pre polls and postals will go at least 60-40 in the Coalition's favour and with a record number of them this year with up to 30,000 in each seat that the Labor party vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate is only going to get worse from here.

Assuming there isn't a massive protest vote, which appears likely given the votes for non-majors are at record highs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-03/election-results-historical-comparison/7560888

If the old dears in QLD and NSW chose One Nation and Nick X over the LNP, you could end up with a headache as Pauline tends to be more protectionist and Nick X is the consummate centrist. Not to mention the other exotics that could pick up votes and direct preferences to the ALP.

The Senate is a dead duck for both sides, but the ALP has it better currently.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  12:12:59  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BS.

28 LNP
27 ALP
8 Greens
3 One Nation
3 Nick X
1 Jackie Lambie
1 Derryn Hinch

Assuming there isn't a massive protest vote, which appears likely given the votes for non-majors are at record highs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-03/election-results-historical-comparison/7560888

If the old dears in QLD and NSW chose One Nation and Nick X over the LNP, you could end up with a headache as Pauline tends to be more protectionist and Nick X is the consummate centrist. Not to mention the other exotics that could pick up votes and direct preferences to the ALP.

I assume this is based on exactly how Shorten said last night that he is not going to do anything constructive to assist with ensuring government is kept stable.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  12:18:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BS.

28 LNP
27 ALP
8 Greens
3 One Nation
3 Nick X
1 Jackie Lambie
1 Derryn Hinch

I assume this is based on exactly how Shorten said last night that he is not going to do anything constructive to assist with ensuring government is kept stable.

And Abbott did in 2010-13?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  12:21:41  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BS.

28 LNP
27 ALP
8 Greens
3 One Nation
3 Nick X
1 Jackie Lambie
1 Derryn Hinch

And Abbott did in 2010-13?

Sorry I am assuming that the Coalition will win with a majority. Of course 2010 it didn't matter as the greens and left leaning independents that supported the minority Labor government had insulation from the upper house with the greens holding the balance of power and therefore, had no real impediment in passing legislation (hence, the carbon, mining tax being enacted, etc.)

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  12:39:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
George? George Brandis, is that you? Almost word for word from Sky News bundy.

Why would Shorten want to ensure a stable Lib government? Labor doesn't have to do anything. It will up to the libs to remain stable with a slim majority and a even more cross benches in the senate.

It's (haha) funny hearing you libs call for stability.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  13:16:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tony Abbott wanted stability - NOT!!!!!!!!!! **** the Liberals, the 2 faced ****s, they deserve everything they get

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  13:19:16  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whoever wins, Pauline, Xenophon and a few others will hold the balance of power.

It's going to be a nightmare for either side, especially because the Greens will want the exact opposite of One Nation and Nicky boy will want something else, too.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  13:22:35  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Loving this election result, guess the "lucky country" is pretty ****ed now!!

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  13:40:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All's fair in politics or a bit below the belt?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/07/03/09/17/police-investigating-queensland-labors-mediscare-text-message-campaign

I can't recall how many times I've told a computer generated message to **** off in the last couple of weeks.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  13:41:31  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

Loving this election result, guess the "lucky country" is pretty ****ed now!!

I'm pretty sure I said it a few times, this kind of result was always going to happen in response to 1. Complete failure by the big two, and 2. The Greens pushing things to the hard left.

Senate now has a new democrats (Nick) and a hard right party, plus Hinch and Lambie. One Nation only had 1 senate seat once before in 1998... now they'll probably have 3-4!

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 03 Jul 2016 13:43:10
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  13:57:21  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

George? George Brandis, is that you? Almost word for word from Sky News bundy.

Why would Shorten want to ensure a stable Lib government? Labor doesn't have to do anything. It will up to the libs to remain stable with a slim majority and a even more cross benches in the senate.

It's (haha) funny hearing you libs call for stability.

Read very carefully what I wrote which was "government" to be kept stable which is about the higher national interest and ensuring that there is still confidence in the government of whoever it is that they can still attract foreign investment.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  15:04:03  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So the hodgepodge senate that Malcolm dissolved is now slightly less hodgepodge?

There were quite a few votes for Pauline and even CountryMinded (the more nationalistic Nationals) when we did the tally last night, so i wonder if there will be a CountryMinded senator once the final count is done?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  15:25:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
if any side thinks that they wont work the other parties to pass policy then that is traitors IMO....they are not thinking what is best for the country so they should be shot...this country needs a stable government or we are stuffed

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 15.3 seconds.