V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  15:58:26  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Surely the revolving door or the Prime Ministership hasn't reduced that animosity from voters?

If you want stable government, you have to find the deeper issues as to why there have been constant challenges for the PMs role over the years, and that is on both sides of the room.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  16:16:00  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is quite interesting to see the media really jumping on this hung parliament situation more and more like there has been a change in the last 12 hours with the votes when there hasn't and will only get an indication of whether something has changed in that direction when counting resumes on Tuesday.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  16:45:11  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That Dastyari is off to a good start!
Someone needs to wipe the smirk off his face with his Hanson baiting.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  16:58:33  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

All's fair in politics or a bit below the belt?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/07/03/09/17/police-investigating-queensland-labors-mediscare-text-message-campaign

I can't recall how many times I've told a computer generated message to **** off in the last couple of weeks.



I just wanted to come back to this and say that it is all well and good for the Labor party to laugh this off but this has the potential for them to be charged with Commonwealth criminal charges for passing themselves off as Medicare for the text messages while also for both the messages and fake cards for there to be a further misuse and perhaps fraudulent use of the name (incorporating the design of the card).

I also see comparisons to the Army requesting that images of a Coalition candidate who was formerly in the military be removed because he was wearing the uniform.

Notwithstanding whether any criminal charges are applicable, the Labor party by using the Medicare name in its deceit have crossed the line in terms of the appearance of the Department of Human Service's independence from the party political system.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389




Edited by - bundy1 on 03 Jul 2016 16:59:31
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  18:15:12  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

That Dastyari is off to a good start!
Someone needs to wipe the smirk off his face with his Hanson baiting.



Unfortunately this is why the Greens and others have lost senate seats - with One Nation now a political force it may be time to start actually listening to some of what they have to say. And Lambie, too, who has emerged from the corpse of Clive's doomed party.

Of course they could all go the way of the Democrats and we'll have new Senate parties in 3 years time.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  18:46:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

That Dastyari is off to a good start!
Someone needs to wipe the smirk off his face with his Hanson baiting.



Unfortunately this is why the Greens and others have lost senate seats - with One Nation now a political force it may be time to start actually listening to some of what they have to say. And Lambie, too, who has emerged from the corpse of Clive's doomed party.

Of course they could all go the way of the Democrats and we'll have new Senate parties in 3 years time.



Because of Dastyari?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  19:13:41  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

That Dastyari is off to a good start!
Someone needs to wipe the smirk off his face with his Hanson baiting.



Unfortunately this is why the Greens and others have lost senate seats - with One Nation now a political force it may be time to start actually listening to some of what they have to say. And Lambie, too, who has emerged from the corpse of Clive's doomed party.

Of course they could all go the way of the Democrats and we'll have new Senate parties in 3 years time.



Because of Dastyari?



Yep, and Turnbull's loss. He's the great mastermind behind it all.

But in seriousness, One Nation being the 4th most popular party in the senate voting nationwide indicates it's not too minor a force. Even the Fred Nile group, which has been around since the dawn of time, hasn't made gains like this if the 4 senate seats do come to fruition.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  19:14:19  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

George? George Brandis, is that you? Almost word for word from Sky News bundy.

Why would Shorten want to ensure a stable Lib government? Labor doesn't have to do anything. It will up to the libs to remain stable with a slim majority and a even more cross benches in the senate.

It's (haha) funny hearing you libs call for stability.



Read very carefully what I wrote which was "government" to be kept stable which is about the higher national interest and ensuring that there is still confidence in the government of whoever it is that they can still attract foreign investment.



Yeah but Turnbull and the Libs can not deliver stable government. They couldn't deliver with a majority government and 8 crossbenchers in the senate. Now there could be up to 12 crossbenchers in the Senate and a real possibility of minority government.

quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

All's fair in politics or a bit below the belt?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/07/03/09/17/police-investigating-queensland-labors-mediscare-text-message-campaign

I can't recall how many times I've told a computer generated message to **** off in the last couple of weeks.



I just wanted to come back to this and say that it is all well and good for the Labor party to laugh this off but this has the potential for them to be charged with Commonwealth criminal charges for passing themselves off as Medicare for the text messages while also for both the messages and fake cards for there to be a further misuse and perhaps fraudulent use of the name (incorporating the design of the card).

I also see comparisons to the Army requesting that images of a Coalition candidate who was formerly in the military be removed because he was wearing the uniform.

Notwithstanding whether any criminal charges are applicable, the Labor party by using the Medicare name in its deceit have crossed the line in terms of the appearance of the Department of Human Service's independence from the party political system.



Yeah because the Libs are above all that.

Thing is though, it's not going to change anything. The message came from the QLD Labor Branch but they claim it was not their intention to make the message look like it came from medicare. Very hard to prove intent.


Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 03 Jul 2016 19:22:22
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  19:28:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At this stage it looks like Shorten's negative tactics will play second fiddle to Abbotts!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  19:31:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Come on LG, Shorten did it once, ****en Abbott was at every single day of his political career, Abbott is a ****en germ, just have a little remember of all the **** he was behind in his career, are they going to sic him onto Pauline again? for instance, Pauline, the last political prisoner in Australia, all thanks to Abbotts dirty work, and let's not forget Peter Slipper, innocent, but crucified by Abbott.



------

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 03 Jul 2016 19:34:12
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  19:51:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

At this stage it looks like Shorten's negative tactics will play second fiddle to Abbotts!



BOTH are dirty scumbags....saying one scumbag is better than the next is like saying one flea is better....as I said we honestly need a dictator to take control of this country, all the alp/lib faithful banging their chest have no idea the damage this is going to cause...anyway, its a very unstable situation something that breeds recessions and business closures.

did the alp win ?...nope .... did the libs ?....nope....did we ?...nope we are screwed

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  19:55:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

At this stage it looks like Shorten's negative tactics will play second fiddle to Abbotts!



And libs justified Abbotts negativity by say it's his job as opposition leader. Shoes on the other foot and now you cry "dirty pool".


quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

At this stage it looks like Shorten's negative tactics will play second fiddle to Abbotts!



BOTH are dirty scumbags....saying one scumbag is better than the next is like saying one flea is better....as I said we honestly need a dictator to take control of this country, all the alp/lib faithful banging their chest have no idea the damage this is going to cause...anyway, its a very unstable situation something that breeds recessions and business closures.

did the alp win ?...nope .... did the libs ?....nope....did we ?...nope we are screwed



We need chaos, the only thing pollies care about is staying the job. They must be taught, you stuff up you're out. Labor stuffed up, got booted. Libs went down the same road, and they have payed a price. Pollies only want stability so they can keep their jobs with out working for it.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 03 Jul 2016 20:12:03
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  20:23:19  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would have thought investors want stability albie

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  21:24:11  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! I take it no-one bothered to work out the significance of the smiley...

But if you want to play that game.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2016 :  21:53:41  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I would have thought investors want stability albie



We elect them to serve us, not investors. We pay tax for services.

They can find 150 Billion for jets, subs and company tax cuts. But can't fund essential services that directly affect our standards of living such as education, health, manufacturing and infrastructure.

If we keep voting in the same corruption just for the sake of stability we the Australian tax payer lose.

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Wow! I take it no-one bothered to work out the significance of the smiley...

But if you want to play that game.



You've been playing the game for 460 pages LG. Don't look so surprised.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 03 Jul 2016 22:01:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 14.23 seconds.