V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  10:35:22  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

It was sent as Medicare. These are absolutely disgraceful tactics from the Labor party.

I have never ever known anybody that is so full of **** as you.

I received 2 automated text massages about Medicare.
At no stage did they say it was from Medicare or did it try to make out that it was from Medicare.

http://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/queensland-labor-behind-fake-medicare-texts-urging-voters-to-steer-clear-of-coalition/news-story/2f7ca6fa93cf1c7ecf76eb79c342ce9b

Enough said.

So you look at the LNP leaking the center-left to the ALP, the center to NXT and the far right to One Nation and all you can do is blame a text message on election day?

I think the ALP ran a good campaign that proved the LNP didn't stand for either the conservative right or the compassionate-capitalism center-left. They also didn't lose anything to the Greens.

Now NXT is on the verge of party status (like the Democrats were) and One Nation is actually a force for the most conservative, with the likelihood both Family First and the Fred Nile bible bashers will also be there to dilute the right.

Essentially the LNP got Trumped, but the nature of our system means that there wasn't one personality but multiple splits in various directions.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  10:38:02  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was sent as Medicare. These are absolutely disgraceful tactics from the Labor party.

I have never ever known anybody that is so full of **** as you.

I received 2 automated text massages about Medicare.
At no stage did they say it was from Medicare or did it try to make out that it was from Medicare.

http://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/queensland-labor-behind-fake-medicare-texts-urging-voters-to-steer-clear-of-coalition/news-story/2f7ca6fa93cf1c7ecf76eb79c342ce9b

Enough said.

Is that all you've got.

You and those other fleas have nothing. That didn't say hey it's Medicare here, we're ****ed because some out of touch PM wants to privatise us.

Typical Liberal fanboi reaction, blame everyone else but the garbage decision to go to the polls when it's quite obvious the people were getting tired of the crap.
They missed their chance and now they're blaming poor widdle Wabor for some text messages.
****ing grow up sook

I'm surprised you didn't concede for this one as even the most ordinary bloke in the street knows that they crossed the line and that is regardless of whether they broke the law.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3003 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  15:30:43  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jeez, this **** is funnier than any episode of "The Two Ronnies"
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11209 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  17:34:32  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What was in the two bills that Malcolm hoped the double dissolution would solve?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  20:10:49  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

What was in the two bills that Malcolm hoped the double dissolution would solve?

Clean Energy Finance Corporation (Abolition) Bill 2013 [No. 2]

Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Amendment Bill 2014 [No. 2]

Building and Construction Industry (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2013 (No. 2)

Building and Construction Industry (Improving Productivity) Bill 2013 [No. 2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_federal_election,_2016

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  20:26:16  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is funny that with the Xenophon Team and Hansen's One Nation party being conservatively minded that if they take these bills to a joint sitting of Parliament which is a possible subsequent action of a double dissolution that they will probably pass notwithstanding what everyone is saying that the Coalition don't have the numbers on the floor (which is true if you look strictly at the numbers that they will possess in both the House of Reps and the Senate).

Edited by - bundy1 on 05 Jul 2016 20:26:57
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22433 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  21:39:17  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everything is just hypothetical until the voting is finally sorted and we know who has what and who will be governing.
Too much hot air and wasted brain power at the moment.
What will be, will be.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 05 Jul 2016 :  23:59:27  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It is funny that with the Xenophon Team and Hansen's One Nation party being conservatively minded that if they take these bills to a joint sitting of Parliament which is a possible subsequent action of a double dissolution that they will probably pass notwithstanding what everyone is saying that the Coalition don't have the numbers on the floor (which is true if you look strictly at the numbers that they will possess in both the House of Reps and the Senate).

And with those 6 (counting on the vote of Xenophon is pure hubris given his history) you'll still need at least 3 more. Of course you could get a Fred Nile and an LDP in the senate still, and Hinch seems to be an utter moron who would vote any way he's told if he gets some TV time.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  00:13:47  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

Fraudulent misrepresentation of an Australian government office.

I don't know why I am responding to you after swearing I wouldn't, but you can of course point us to this little gem of Legislation, you know a link to it?

Division 135 -- Other offences involving fraudulent conduct

135.1 General dishonesty

Obtaining a gain

(1) A person commits an offence if:

(a) the person does anything with the intention of dishonestly obtaining a gain from another person; and

(b) the other person is a Commonwealth entity.

Penalty: Imprisonment for 5 years.

(2) In a prosecution for an offence against subsection (1), it is not necessary to prove that the defendant knew that the other person was a Commonwealth entity.

Causing a loss

(3) A person commits an offence if:

(a) the person does anything with the intention of dishonestly causing a loss to another person; and

(b) the other person is a Commonwealth entity.

(4) In a prosecution for an offence against subsection (3), it is not necessary to prove that the defendant knew that the other person was a Commonwealth entity.

(5) A person commits an offence if:

(a) the person dishonestly causes a loss, or dishonestly causes a risk of loss, to another person; and

(b) the first-mentioned person knows or believes that the loss will occur or that there is a substantial risk of the loss occurring; and

(c) the other person is a Commonwealth entity.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/cca1995115/sch1.html

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  07:04:40  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
sorry Bundy, that references offences AGAINST a Commonwealth Entity, ie Centrelink etc, nice try. I have been reading and interpreting law since 1987
While you are there finding this, find the definitions of 'gain' and 'loss' because those 2 words are key

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  14:16:38  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As predicted, the numbers are looking better and better the more postal votes that are counted. On track for the 78 I predicted and perhaps a couple more to drag it up to 98' levels.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17836 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  14:28:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

As predicted, the numbers are looking better and better the more postal votes that are counted. On track for the 78 I predicted and perhaps a couple more to drag it up to 98' levels.

Yeah it does look that way....but how can anyone predict what the postal votes would be ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9922 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  15:32:58  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

https://www.google.com.au/#q=tell+him+he%27s+dreaming
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 06 Jul 2016 :  22:30:19  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

I stand by that count with 78 at least and possibly 80 at the end of today's counting.

Just to break it down for you:

At lunch time,

- liberals were trailing by 350 votes in the seat of Hindmarsh and now are 150 votes behind at the close of counting.
- liberals were ahead in Forde by 66 votes and now are ahead by 265 votes at the close of counting.
- liberals were behind by about 1000 votes in Herbert and are now behind by 620 at the close of counting.
- liberals were behind by about 1000 votes in Capricornia and are now behind by 730 at the close of counting.
- I don't have the numbers of how many votes they were behind at lunch time in the seat of Cowan but are only behind by 777 at the close of counting
- liberals were behind by about 2000 votes at the start of counting in Flynn and are now behind by about 1000 votes at the close of counting.

So with these seats not counted in the Liberal party's 74 seats you can see how I can get to 78 seats and possibly 2 more

http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseSeatSummary-20499.htm

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17836 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2016 :  00:08:25  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/election-2016-coalition-secures-73-seats-antony-green-says-76-and-majority-possible/ar-AAi92qe?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=SK216DHP

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.84 seconds.