V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  15:49:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So Kevin is now just Kevin, and not KevUN.

What are peoples views on the recently announced royal commision?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  17:32:34  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I think that's a bit harsh REMY!

There seems to be many Labor supporters who agree with his decision not to anoint Rudd for the job.

Personally I don't think his decision was anything to do with Liblab.

Seems Mal went back on his word LG....read the article... or try this one....https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/29/kevin-rudd-malcolm-turnbull-reneged-previous-support-un-job?CMP=soc_567

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 30 Jul 2016 17:33:38
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  18:14:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

There seems to be many Labor supporters who agree with his decision not to anoint Rudd for the job.

Seems Mal went back on his word LG....read the article... or try this one....https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/29/kevin-rudd-malcolm-turnbull-reneged-previous-support-un-job?CMP=soc_567

A bit like he said, she said and now the jilted bride has the ****s!

Personally, I think Rudd is less trustworthy (more inclined to twist things to his perception) than Turnbull.

Do you think Rudd is suitable for the position?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  18:32:37  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Personally, I think Rudd is less trustworthy (more inclined to twist things to his perception) than Turnbull.

Yeah, I reckon ol firecracker would do a great job at the UN......

re he said, she said... now all Mal has to do is say...I never said those things to Kevin......and yet????

re twisting to perception...mate...i dunno who our current PM is , but he ain't the Malcolm Turnbull of say 12-18mths ago.....he's become like a hard right wing Mal-bot! Wish the real Mal Turnbull would please stand up!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 30 Jul 2016 18:35:22
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  19:27:42  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
when KR was in the ALP he did a lot of damage to his own party....we want him running the UN ?....seriously ????

regarding the royal commission...I feel sorry for the guards in the centers who get spat on and assaulted by these young criminals

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  20:56:08  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Well I don't think he was ever going to get Turnbull's support as much as the media was saying he Was going to if you watch Turnbull's speech in 2013 saying IIRC that although they had some sort of personal relationship, that when it came to politics and the dire decisions he made as PM that is where the support ends.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 Jul 2016 :  08:54:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Yeah, I reckon ol firecracker would do a great job at the UN......

re he said, she said... now all Mal has to do is say...I never said those things to Kevin......and yet????

re twisting to perception...mate...i dunno who our current PM is , but he ain't the Malcolm Turnbull of say 12-18mths ago.....he's become like a hard right wing Mal-bot! Wish the real Mal Turnbull would please stand up!

It would appear that ex - colleagues are now publicly saying things like the "UN dodging a bullet" and also agreeing with Turnbull.

I think those who have actually worked with the guy (and are not up his arse) would probably have a better idea than you or me.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 31 Jul 2016 :  09:30:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think Kevin Rudd's bid to be the UN Secretary General is much of an issue for anyone except Kevin. IF he had been nominated, his chances were rated at around 12th or 13th in a field of 13. Even Helen Clark, whose chances are highly rated is only around 6th or 7th. Is Malcolm a captive of the Right because of this decision? I don't know, but let's see how he goes on important issues. So, our PM didn't endorse Kevin for a job he wasn't going to get? Moving along...

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  08:35:55  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

hahahahahaha, the Liberals are going to have to work with the Greens and Independents if they want to govern (just like Gillard did) - LOL

They reap what they sow, it all comes home to roost at some point

Looking more likely that we'll have an ALP minority govt.

Senate is guaranteed to be hostile to either party if they win.

I don't know where you are getting those figures from but from my reading and how the pre-poll and postal votes will play out which will wipe any lead that Labor has in the seats atm from between 500 and 1000 votes that the LNP will form a majority government of 78 seats.

On the election result what I will say that it has only been made this close because of a disgraceful scare campaign by Labor built on lies and deceit about medicare. It is the worst scare campaign that I have seen ever since I have been watching federal elections since 98 and perhaps Zac can elaborate further as to before then.

Now, of course that bit hard in western Sydney and Tasmania (traditional Labor areas as a whole) and really if seats were to be lost that they would be lost there which is normally the case after 1 term of government that we see swings of up to 3% against the government (see Howard, Gillard).

However, also we saw as I said above that Andrews played a massive role in this election with the Victorian government stifling the CFA and perhaps with seats like Corangamite, Dunkley and La Trobe which should have fallen will hold up but the same can be said for Queensland seats such as Capriconia, Petrie and Forde.

And I think at the end of the day that whilst this result doesn't look good on paper that if we analyse how it will work well the government will have a majority in the lower house, albeit a slight one but in the upper house where it is expected that Xenophone will pick up 3 senate seats and surprisingly One Nation (on the back of picking up the PUP vote and some of the Tony Abbott "right" vote in the LNP) will pick up maybe 2-3 and then you have Hinch and Lambie who aren't exactly left wing with the Coalition picking up maybe 29-31 senators with their stronger primary vote compared to Labor (who will pick up 24-26 senators) then I can see a pretty strong conservative voting block there to get some of the key legislation through such as the ABCC (and yes I know that Xenophone will make it out that he is centre but he isn't too far away from Turnbull in the centre right of politics).

My prediction was right around the mark and it has probably turned out better than expected.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  00:02:31  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First you have to plug up the leaks before you go pumping up your tyres.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  05:31:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Australian public have spoken load and clear in relation to the Senate, Mal & Co tried to fix the Senate election by forcing people to vote for "6 above the line or 12 below" well they did Mal and they have generously handed you a Senate that is probably more 'anti' than the last one - This was a very deliberate statement by the Australian public and it was "We don't trust you bastards"

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 07 Aug 2016 05:32:23
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  08:11:48  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't see too much of a problem in the Senate and it is a lot better than what it was. There is a good conservative voting block holding the balance of power with 3 x Xenophon, 4 x Hansen, Hinch and Day (with the coalition having 30 senators and the number needed to pass bills at 39). So I would say it is a very workable Senate.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  15:36:07  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I don't see too much of a problem in the Senate and it is a lot better than what it was. There is a good conservative voting block holding the balance of power with 3 x Xenophon, 4 x Hansen, Hinch and Day (with the coalition having 30 senators and the number needed to pass bills at 39). So I would say it is a very workable Senate.

We had a DD election because Turnbull couldn't handle the conservative cross bench before. Nothing has changed.

And we'll see how much of a sell out Turnbull is when he has to do deals with the retards of One Nation.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  15:55:33  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

We had a DD election because Turnbull couldn't handle the conservative cross bench before. Nothing has changed.

And we'll see how much of a sell out Turnbull is when he has to do deals with the retards of One Nation.

It was much more volatile having to deal with Lambie, Lazarus, Muir, Xenophon and Lyndham compared to what it is atm.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Aug 2016 :  17:07:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It was much more volatile having to deal with Lambie, Lazarus, Muir, Xenophon and Lyndham

Lyndham? Is that Leyonhjelm? He's still there, along with Lambie and Xenophon.

Edited by - Zac on 07 Aug 2016 17:09:40
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.03 seconds.