V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 08 Aug 2016 :  17:04:59  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

I don't see too much of a problem in the Senate and it is a lot better than what it was. There is a good conservative voting block holding the balance of power with 3 x Xenophon, 4 x Hansen, Hinch and Day (with the coalition having 30 senators and the number needed to pass bills at 39). So I would say it is a very workable Senate.

We had a DD election because Turnbull couldn't handle the conservative cross bench before. Nothing has changed.

And we'll see how much of a sell out Turnbull is when he has to do deals with the retards of One Nation.

It was much more volatile having to deal with Lambie, Lazarus, Muir, Xenophon and Lyndham compared to what it is atm.

Muir an Lazarus were just replaced with NXT. And now Turnbull has to deal with One Nation. It's not better for him.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 08 Aug 2016 :  23:27:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you believe the hype, the Census seems to be a more contentious topic than voting.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 09 Aug 2016 :  05:49:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

If you believe the hype, the Census seems to be a more contentious topic than voting.

awwwww ****, that is tonight

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Aug 2016 :  22:27:08  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't worry the census is just another total stuff up from this government.
Servers have crashed big time.
You'd have to be a complete ****ing idiot to think that the ABS servers were going to handle the traffic

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2016 :  05:39:41  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
got mine done before the crash, I must say the communication around this has bee a huge **** up, we got the mail with the optional manual form and reply paid envelope, I must admit I didn't read any accompanying paperwork, went to log on last night and it asked for a 12 digit number, and I went "what ****en 12 digit number", so I resigned myself to doing it manually, folded up the laptop, then looked again at the front cover and there it was - ****en, open up the laptop . . . . . . .

My daughter rings as I am doing ours, she says "we didn't get the letter"

How hard could it be to send a letter to every home that has registered voters in it, or every home that pays rates, surely they must communicate with local councils, they do claim after all that that is why they need the data, for schools, hospitals etc - what a **** up from Mr Turn-bull and co

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Don't worry the census is just another total stuff up from this government.
Servers have crashed big time.
You'd have to be a complete ****ing idiot to think that the ABS servers were going to handle the traffic

now ask me why electronic voting won't work in Australia

Edited by - Trev on 10 Aug 2016 05:40:51
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Aug 2016 :  08:07:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not every home in Australia has a mail service Trev. What are you going to do about them?

There's been plenty of advertising telling you what to do if you didn't receive either a letter or a form hand delivered.
People just don't listen or read. It seems they'd rather just make themselves look stupid (or confirm they're stupid) and bitch.

In saying that, the marketing arm, or the company handling it, ****ed up big time right from the word go.
Their ads didn't get the messages across well and added to the confusion.
Everything else was just catch up.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Aug 2016 :  17:50:19  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

In saying that, the marketing arm, or the company handling it, ****ed up big time right from the word go.

Agreed, especially when you're in one of the 20% of the country where the Census forms were hand delivered. The ad didn't mention that. It only mentioned that they were been mailed out in either coded form or paper form.

I'm in one of the 20%, and I was one of the Field Officers handling deliveries. The amount of people that were relieved when I turned up was quite high, as the ads didn't mention that part.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2016 :  18:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Not every home in Australia has a mail service Trev. What are you going to do about them?

There's been plenty of advertising telling you what to do if you didn't receive either a letter or a form hand delivered.
People just don't listen or read. It seems they'd rather just make themselves look stupid (or confirm they're stupid) and bitch.

my daughter is no dill I can assure you, but she is a very busy mum with 3 kids under 10 and a husband working 50 - 60 hours per week, they live a kilometer and half from us in a city of 40,000, how can some get them and some not, they ****ed it up, stop trying to defend them

Edited by - Trev on 10 Aug 2016 18:50:43
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  07:21:48  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

my daughter is no dill I can assure you, but she is a very busy mum with 3 kids under 10 and a husband working 50 - 60 hours per week, they live a kilometer and half from us in a city of 40,000, how can some get them and some not, they ****ed it up, stop trying to defend them

I made no comments about your daughter so I'm not sure what you're on about.
You side-stepped the question about no mail service...
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  12:22:03  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The only comment that I am going to agree with Trev for the moment is the one about electronic voting not working after seeing the Census site crash (which does not surprise me if anyone has had the good fortune to try and enrol for classes at Uni where all 20000 students are trying to do the same at the same time).

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  16:26:44  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The handing out of Census form was not handled by Austpost.

There were properties that received Census forms but do not have mail delivery.

Having said that, it would be rare for some one that could not access Austpost services in some form.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  19:24:04  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, ain't that one major ****-up!

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/11/scott-morrison-blocks-ausgrid-sale-on-national-security-grounds?CMP=soc_567

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  20:07:03  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

The handing out of Census form was not handled by Austpost.

There were properties that received Census forms but do not have mail delivery.

Having said that, it would be rare for some one that could not access Austpost services in some form.

????????????????????

Australia Post delivered the letters containing personal log ons.
Field Officers hand delivered forms in the drop off areas.

There are many properties who have virtually no access or very limited access to Australia Post. Trev asked how hard could it be to post everything!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  21:38:36  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Well, ain't that one major ****-up!

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/11/scott-morrison-blocks-ausgrid-sale-on-national-security-grounds?CMP=soc_567

Mmmm - I thought you would have nothing to say on this matter after Keneally's partial privatisation of the state's electricity assets in 2010, or at least be happy that Morrison rejected it?

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 11 Aug 2016 :  23:58:41  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I don't see too much of a problem in the Senate and it is a lot better than what it was. There is a good conservative voting block holding the balance of power with 3 x Xenophon, 4 x Hansen, Hinch and Day (with the coalition having 30 senators and the number needed to pass bills at 39). So I would say it is a very workable Senate.

We had a DD election because Turnbull couldn't handle the conservative cross bench before. Nothing has changed.

And we'll see how much of a sell out Turnbull is when he has to do deals with the retards of One Nation.

As much of a sellout as Gillard when she made deals with the retards of The Greens?

At least this senate means common sense refugee policy for another 3 years.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.45 seconds.