V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 15 Oct 2016 :  15:48:04  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

I'm gunna need someone to explain to me how 49% is the majority? Zaccy....you're pretty good with numbers and all.....?



49% is a lot bigger than the 40% who opposed it

People who oppose Muslim immigration are about 1.1% away from a majority.

People who support Muslim immigration are about 10.1% away from a majority.

Seems like one is more popular, no?

The ALP float around looking better only because Malcom is firmly in the pockets of the elitists and businesses and lacks any semblance of backbone. Not that Tony was any better in that respect, but he didn't embarrassingly back down as much as the moderate suits who now run the LNP.

Shorten is more of the same, except he has benefited from the ultra left loonies of the Greens residing in a separate party that he doesn't have to please yet. Yet. If he ever got in, the Greens wackos will be steering the ship straight into an iceberg. Or, more appropriately, into the shores of the Middle East to pick up more problems 49% Australians could live without...

And if you look at the latest polls, the LNP are hemorrhaging votes not so much towards the ALP but towards minor parties. I'd assume many of those votes are shifting to parties with red haired senators who are explaining the case for those 49%...


_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 15 Oct 2016 16:03:08
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager



Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

 offline

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  20:15:31  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 23 Oct 2016 :  16:22:05  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.



Pretty funny that the leftist narrative has shifted from "power to the people" to "the people are idiots, let the elites decide everything".

Maybe that's why everyone hates the major parties nowadays? Why would people elect a government who thinks like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-23/support-for-one-nation-surges-in-wa/7957482

The true morons are the ones who think they're somehow unique among the crowd that our current leaders gaze down upon and patronize.


_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 23 Oct 2016 16:24:15
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  21:47:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, thoughts on Gina and her Chinese co investors bid on the Kidman properties?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 27 Oct 2016 :  17:20:18  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.



Pretty funny that the leftist narrative has shifted from "power to the people" to "the people are idiots, let the elites decide everything".

Maybe that's why everyone hates the major parties nowadays? Why would people elect a government who thinks like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-23/support-for-one-nation-surges-in-wa/7957482

The true morons are the ones who think they're somehow unique among the crowd that our current leaders gaze down upon and patronize.



Just wondering, would you consider Rupert Murdoch an elite......?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager



Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

 offline

Posted - 27 Oct 2016 :  18:00:58  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.



Pretty funny that the leftist narrative has shifted from "power to the people" to "the people are idiots, let the elites decide everything".

Maybe that's why everyone hates the major parties nowadays? Why would people elect a government who thinks like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-23/support-for-one-nation-surges-in-wa/7957482

The true morons are the ones who think they're somehow unique among the crowd that our current leaders gaze down upon and patronize.

I'm anything but 'leftist' for one. Sure, I support things like gay marriage, but that in my opinion is both inevitable and not of any consequence to me. Maybe I'm leftist if compared to a hard right Islam basher, but I doubt I am compared to the average Aussie.
Secondly, voting for a populous figure like PH without a detailed look at policy (apart from herp derp stop Islam, boycott Halal) is indeed moronic. If you look at her policies and find them adequate or agreeable fine, but most who I have spoken too, who do support her just voted for her/support her due to the headline reasons (i.e swamped by Asians/Islam.)

On PH and her policies, some I agree with, but no where near enough to gain my vote, and quite frankly I have doubts about how long she will remain 'switched on' and bigger doubts about the health of her party once other personalities in the party start speaking out as their egos become more inflated. (see Palmer United, One Nation v1 etc.)

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 27 Oct 2016 18:03:43
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 27 Oct 2016 :  19:08:20  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.



Pretty funny that the leftist narrative has shifted from "power to the people" to "the people are idiots, let the elites decide everything".

Maybe that's why everyone hates the major parties nowadays? Why would people elect a government who thinks like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-23/support-for-one-nation-surges-in-wa/7957482

The true morons are the ones who think they're somehow unique among the crowd that our current leaders gaze down upon and patronize.

I'm anything but 'leftist' for one. Sure, I support things like gay marriage, but that in my opinion is both inevitable and not of any consequence to me. Maybe I'm leftist if compared to a hard right Islam basher, but I doubt I am compared to the average Aussie.
Secondly, voting for a populous figure like PH without a detailed look at policy (apart from herp derp stop Islam, boycott Halal) is indeed moronic. If you look at her policies and find them adequate or agreeable fine, but most who I have spoken too, who do support her just voted for her/support her due to the headline reasons (i.e swamped by Asians/Islam.)

On PH and her policies, some I agree with, but no where near enough to gain my vote, and quite frankly I have doubts about how long she will remain 'switched on' and bigger doubts about the health of her party once other personalities in the party start speaking out as their egos become more inflated. (see Palmer United, One Nation v1 etc.)



Mate, when you uncritically espouse the views of a right media oligarchs, blaming the most marginalised of the worlds people's and their advocates as "the elite" for all your social ills .....well,.....you ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 27 Oct 2016 19:09:16
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 27 Oct 2016 :  19:28:32  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.



Pretty funny that the leftist narrative has shifted from "power to the people" to "the people are idiots, let the elites decide everything".

Maybe that's why everyone hates the major parties nowadays? Why would people elect a government who thinks like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-23/support-for-one-nation-surges-in-wa/7957482

The true morons are the ones who think they're somehow unique among the crowd that our current leaders gaze down upon and patronize.

I'm anything but 'leftist' for one. Sure, I support things like gay marriage, but that in my opinion is both inevitable and not of any consequence to me. Maybe I'm leftist if compared to a hard right Islam basher, but I doubt I am compared to the average Aussie.
Secondly, voting for a populous figure like PH without a detailed look at policy (apart from herp derp stop Islam, boycott Halal) is indeed moronic. If you look at her policies and find them adequate or agreeable fine, but most who I have spoken too, who do support her just voted for her/support her due to the headline reasons (i.e swamped by Asians/Islam.)

On PH and her policies, some I agree with, but no where near enough to gain my vote, and quite frankly I have doubts about how long she will remain 'switched on' and bigger doubts about the health of her party once other personalities in the party start speaking out as their egos become more inflated. (see Palmer United, One Nation v1 etc.)



Mate, when you uncritically espouse the views of a right media oligarchs, blaming the most marginalised of the worlds people's and their advocates as "the elite" for all your social ills .....well,.....you ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy!



And here we witness the left selling its soul. Suddenly all those billionaires become "advocates" when it suits them.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/04/hillary-clinton-billionaire-backers/

Looks to me like the oligarchs have started backing the left just as the leftists themselves have started describing average Americans (and Australians) as "drunks" and "idiots"...

What a coincidence! Almost as though there's a connection...


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  04:35:29  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

The simple explanation for your last point (which I'm not disputing whether people are shifting to One Nation or not, they are.) is that the average Australian is an absolute moron.



Pretty funny that the leftist narrative has shifted from "power to the people" to "the people are idiots, let the elites decide everything".

Maybe that's why everyone hates the major parties nowadays? Why would people elect a government who thinks like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-23/support-for-one-nation-surges-in-wa/7957482

The true morons are the ones who think they're somehow unique among the crowd that our current leaders gaze down upon and patronize.

I'm anything but 'leftist' for one. Sure, I support things like gay marriage, but that in my opinion is both inevitable and not of any consequence to me. Maybe I'm leftist if compared to a hard right Islam basher, but I doubt I am compared to the average Aussie.
Secondly, voting for a populous figure like PH without a detailed look at policy (apart from herp derp stop Islam, boycott Halal) is indeed moronic. If you look at her policies and find them adequate or agreeable fine, but most who I have spoken too, who do support her just voted for her/support her due to the headline reasons (i.e swamped by Asians/Islam.)

On PH and her policies, some I agree with, but no where near enough to gain my vote, and quite frankly I have doubts about how long she will remain 'switched on' and bigger doubts about the health of her party once other personalities in the party start speaking out as their egos become more inflated. (see Palmer United, One Nation v1 etc.)



Mate, when you uncritically espouse the views of a right media oligarchs, blaming the most marginalised of the worlds people's and their advocates as "the elite" for all your social ills .....well,.....you ain't in Kansas anymore Dorothy!



And here we witness the left selling its soul. Suddenly all those billionaires become "advocates" when it suits them.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/04/hillary-clinton-billionaire-backers/

Looks to me like the oligarchs have started backing the left just as the leftists themselves have started describing average Americans (and Australians) as "drunks" and "idiots"...

What a coincidence! Almost as though there's a connection...


Hillary is left? Dude...you are way further to the right than I ever considered.....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  04:58:00  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11


Secondly, voting for a populous figure like PH without a detailed look at policy (apart from herp derp stop Islam, boycott Halal) is indeed moronic. If you look at her policies and find them adequate or agreeable fine, but most who I have spoken too, who do support her just voted for her/support her due to the headline reasons (i.e swamped by Asians/Islam.)



I think some of what says is true, did I vote for her - no

But I urge people who are critical of some of the minors parties policies to check out some of the Nationals policies, interesting reading indeed

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 28 Oct 2016 04:58:39
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  06:18:50  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11


Secondly, voting for a populous figure like PH without a detailed look at policy (apart from herp derp stop Islam, boycott Halal) is indeed moronic. If you look at her policies and find them adequate or agreeable fine, but most who I have spoken too, who do support her just voted for her/support her due to the headline reasons (i.e swamped by Asians/Islam.)



I think some of what says is true, did I vote for her - no

But I urge people who are critical of some of the minors parties policies to check out some of the Nationals policies, interesting reading indeed



What they tend to be on the right side of politics?

So naturally they will make for interesting reading for some.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  08:06:05  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Hillary is left? Dude...you are way further to the right than I ever considered...
Hillary is to the left of the Donald, if that helps. How about we make the GOP the centre, and then we have the Donald on the right and Hillary on the left? It's not easy making a connection between US politics and Australia's, and this one didn't work.

Edited by - Zac on 28 Oct 2016 08:42:09
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  16:22:19  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting data about One Nation voters released today.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-28/who-elected-one-nation-xenophon-lambie/7825106?pfmredir=sm

Apparently they come from the most disadvantaged communities in Australia. I suppose that makes Pauline hanson one of those "advocates for the most marginalized" you were talking about.

Certainly moreso than the Getup.org you have in your signature, REM.

http://www.menzieshouse.com.au/?p=3350

Getup, funded to the tune of $250,000 by George Soros, a hedge fund manager with a $24 billion dollar fortune.

So... let's get this straight

"Charities" founded by billionaires = worthy advocates?

Political parties that represent the most disadvantage groups of voters in Australia = ideologues?


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  18:46:35  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Interesting data about One Nation voters released today.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-28/who-elected-one-nation-xenophon-lambie/7825106?pfmredir=sm

Apparently they come from the most disadvantaged communities in Australia. I suppose that makes Pauline hanson one of those "advocates for the most marginalized" you were talking about.

Certainly moreso than the Getup.org you have in your signature, REM.

http://www.menzieshouse.com.au/?p=3350

Getup, funded to the tune of $250,000 by George Soros, a hedge fund manager with a $24 billion dollar fortune.

So... let's get this straight

"Charities" founded by billionaires = worthy advocates?

Political parties that represent the most disadvantage groups of voters in Australia = ideologues?



$250,000.....I wonder how much air time that would buy you on Alan Jones radio....? Compared to a man who owns 70% of the Australian free press...let alone how much he owns in the US....kinda like comparing a Aussie Racing team to.....Ferrari F1.....

Murdoch's interests are protecting his Neo-con mates, manufacturing arms and weapons in the good old...and without fear,...spreading fear and hate....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED



2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

 offline

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  19:02:17  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Compared to the growing social media coverage of the news, fairfax and your favourite the guardian the gap is narrowing if there is a gap at all with digital far outstripping print media these days.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389



Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.77 seconds.