V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  20:08:37  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Guardian is great for a laugh, pretend to be unbiased, but they are more biased than anything. Look at their US election coverage for starters, particularly Clinton vs Sanders.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  23:23:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wonder how long the left here will keep their heads in the sand and risk the white working class rushing to vote One Nation?

You got a taste in the most recent election and a big bite with Trump, next election could easily see One Nation with more senate seats than the Greens.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  06:52:10  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

Guardian is great for a laugh, pretend to be unbiased, but they are more biased than anything. Look at their US election coverage for starters, particularly Clinton vs Sanders.
What makes you think The Guardian pretends to be unbiased? It doesn't pretend anything. It has always been to the left of centre, and is renowned as 'Left Wing' or 'Centre Left'. It's history goes back to 1821, and it has always been this way. Just as the Daily Telegraph and The Australian are 'Right Wing', catering respectively for "blue collar" and "white collar" readers, The Guardian appeals to a particular demographic. It's funny that you thought it was pretending.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  18:44:31  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Australia better watch out now that 100-200K jobs are going away in the industrial areas of SA and VIC. If we get our own rust belt and they reject damp cloths like Shorten and people who look down on them as "drunks" (hi some members here) then you could have our own Trump.

And remember, Australia is 20-25% whiter than the USA. Ignore the white working class at your own peril.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  19:27:12  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Australia better watch out now that 100-200K jobs are going away in the industrial areas of SA and VIC. If we get our own rust belt and they reject damp cloths like Shorten and people who look down on them as "drunks" (hi some members here) then you could have our own Trump.

And remember, Australia is 20-25% whiter than the USA. Ignore the white working class at your own peril.

Hey, ain't it a bit early to be on the turps?...Friday, I guess.....

Is it ok to ignore the rest of the working class.....Asians, muslims, fijians,Indians, Maori's....the disabled, the sick....?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 11 Nov 2016 19:50:41
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  20:03:40  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ignore the white working class at your own peril.
If that's the way it is, I must face the peril...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtcSYPjJbgg
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  20:52:36  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Is it ok to ignore the rest of the working class.....Asians, muslims, fijians,Indians, Maori's....the disabled, the sick....?

REM must not be on the turps, that's haram.

Tell me, what portion of the Australian electorate are these minorities?

Call the white working class majority a bunch of "bogan drunks" from your Greens Party ivory tower. Lose for all eternity.

Looks like you have it all worked out!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  21:11:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can be the expert on the colour stuff. We can handle the rest of it.

This was the 'General Libs vs ALP thread', wasn't it?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  22:26:40  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Call the white working class majority a bunch of "bogan drunks" from your Greens Party ivory tower. Lose for all eternity.

Oh fella...if you only knew,......I have spent more time sitting with, listening to and assisting your "bogan drunks" at the very bottom of the social pile than you could ever begin to imagine.....the worst of the worst fella,....worst of the worst...

I ain't Muslim.....but I hold qualies to be ordained!

So tell me this....what percentage of the population do they have to represent to count as people? I know, I know...your man likes to beat up on blacks, hispanics, muslims, women, vets who served and got injured and the disabled....brave, ain't he...but what percentage do they need to count as people...who should be treated with dignity and respect? ...c'mon...give me a number!

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 11 Nov 2016 :  23:26:14  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Oh fella...if you only knew,......I have spent more time sitting with, listening to and assisting your "bogan drunks" at the very bottom of the social pile than you could ever begin to imagine.....the worst of the worst fella,....worst of the worst...

Yet you hold them in higher regard than what I do, but at the same time ridicule them for their choice of manufacturer

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 12 Nov 2016 :  05:10:46  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

That first paragraph... more of the condescension that elected Trump.

Funny how you didn't recognize that he was never against Latino American citizens, or Muslim ones for that matter, just further immigration. In fact, 1 in 3 latinos voted for Trump.

And why are you and all many modern leftists so ready to **** all over the majority by crying "white privilege" when the working class (majority white) has seen stagnant wages for generation?

All you're doing is promoting a fight between whites and minorities for political gain by trying to class some races as more privileged than others when all poor people are IN THE SAME ****.

Why do I hear so much about non-citizen refugees from The Greens and co. when they seem to make very little noise about our own downtrodden and homeless? What do we owe to non-citizens when our own aren't being fed?

And carrying on from that point, what the **** has anyone done for the Aborigines who are even more oppressed? We can't even look after the original Australians and the Greens are busy fawning over foreigners and trying to bring more people in? Corollary, the black places in America - why has decades of Democratic rule not improved their conditions in the slightest?

To the left, the white poor are to be looked down upon and the minority poor are to be patronized (and they better not dare vote the *wrong way* like these Trump voters).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/27/black_trump_voters_in_north_carolina_trump_loves_america_he_loves_all_people.html

http://time.com/4259372/donald-trump-muslim-supporters/

And you just want to import more "refugees" into this unsolved mess and offshore more jobs so that the mess gets more desperate, more divided.

We don't need more people when the people we already have are already so screwed over. Why do we need to drain other countries of their citizens to sustain our own countries, when our own citizens are suffering?

---

Trump is 1000% right.

Off with the heads of those elites who care more about foreign interests than working for the citizens of this country.

Off with the heads of the hedge fund billionaire who funds GetUp.org and other lobbying that tramples down genuine attempts to improve this country.

Off with the heads of those elites who promote immigration just to enrich themselves while the citizens of this country suffer from lower wages.

Off with the heads of the lying media who try to sell a narrative they want people to believe for the benefit of the elites.

Off with the heads of the bankers and businessmen who are euphoric about globalization because it makes them an extra $.

I hope he was genuine with his "drain the swamp" talk. We need to "drain the lake" here. The left wing of the past would love this platform. God knows where they went, because we need them back.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Nov 2016 :  05:48:06  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it is great that Turbull and Abbott having a public brawl, it looks like the Libs are at it - LOL

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Nov 2016 :  06:23:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

That first paragraph... more of the condescension that elected Trump.

Funny how you didn't recognize that he was never against Latino American citizens, or Muslim ones for that matter, just further immigration. In fact, 1 in 3 latinos voted for Trump.

And why are you and all many modern leftists so ready to **** all over the majority by crying "white privilege" when the working class (majority white) has seen stagnant wages for generation?

All you're doing is promoting a fight between whites and minorities for political gain by trying to class some races as more privileged than others when all poor people are IN THE SAME ****.

Why do I hear so much about non-citizen refugees from The Greens and co. when they seem to make very little noise about our own downtrodden and homeless? What do we owe to non-citizens when our own aren't being fed?

And carrying on from that point, what the **** has anyone done for the Aborigines who are even more oppressed? We can't even look after the original Australians and the Greens are busy fawning over foreigners and trying to bring more people in? Corollary, the black places in America - why has decades of Democratic rule not improved their conditions in the slightest?

To the left, the white poor are to be looked down upon and the minority poor are to be patronized (and they better not dare vote the *wrong way* like these Trump voters).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/27/black_trump_voters_in_north_carolina_trump_loves_america_he_loves_all_people.html

http://time.com/4259372/donald-trump-muslim-supporters/

And you just want to import more "refugees" into this unsolved mess and offshore more jobs so that the mess gets more desperate, more divided.

We don't need more people when the people we already have are already so screwed over. Why do we need to drain other countries of their citizens to sustain our own countries, when our own citizens are suffering?

---

Trump is 1000% right.

Off with the heads of those elites who care more about foreign interests than working for the citizens of this country.

Off with the heads of the hedge fund billionaire who funds GetUp.org and other lobbying that tramples down genuine attempts to improve this country.

Off with the heads of those elites who promote immigration just to enrich themselves while the citizens of this country suffer from lower wages.

Off with the heads of the lying media who try to sell a narrative they want people to believe for the benefit of the elites.

Off with the heads of the bankers and businessmen who are euphoric about globalization because it makes them an extra $.

I hope he was genuine with his "drain the swamp" talk. We need to "drain the lake" here. The left wing of the past would love this platform. God knows where they went, because we need them back.

As Zac rightfully pointed out, this is general Australian politics so leave Trump in his own tower thanks.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Nov 2016 :  09:16:51  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Yet you hold them in higher regard than what I do, but at the same time ridicule them for their choice of manufacturer

I am in the business of rehabilitation Bundy......facilitating growth and independence.....one battle at a time is all I can cope with ol fella! 27GV....nice to see you expanding your language beyond the "white workers" and encompass indigenous Australians....

Edited by - REM on 12 Nov 2016 09:32:21
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  14:40:49  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Finally some joy for you refugee advocates. Not sure this is the right thing to do, probably not actually as it will only act as a pull factor for them to traverse international waters to Austrlia only to spend some time in a detention centre to then get shipped off to US and even if this deal only relates to existing occupants, there is the potential for this type of deal to be struck in the future (but perhaps not now that Trump was elected which in itself is interesting in its timing).

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/united-states-confirms-manus-island-and-nauru-deal-with-turnbull-government-20161112-gso2el.html

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.16 seconds.