V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2093 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  15:41:44  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Is that an opinion, a theory or hypothesis, and is it evidence based?

All of the above ranging from person experiences to discussions with other people on this, to my own research. So I do have my personal evidence for this opinion/theory/whatever you would prefer to call it.

Do you disagree?

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 20 Nov 2016 15:42:41
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  17:46:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I neither agree nor disagree, but I wouldn't call your own personal experiences, discussions with other people, or other "personal evidence", evidence based. From the choice of "an opinion, a theory, or hypothesis", I'd call it an opinion.

There are people who "evolve politically" by continually seeking knowledge on politics, who change from Left to Right. There are people who "evolve politically" by continually seeking knowledge on politics, who change from Right to Left. There are people who continually seek knowledge on politics, who remain on either the Right or Left - or somewhere in between, or beyond. There are also people who "evolve politically" by continually seeking knowledge on politics, who cannot throw their support behind either Right or Left - or anywhere in between or beyond, as well. Are the ones who change from one side to another higher in intelligence, or are the ones who don't change, or the ones who continually seek knowledge but don't side with any party or side of politics, "above average" in intelligence - or are they all "above average" in intelligence? Are people in any one of those categories higher in intelligence than the others? I don't know, but you're the one saying one particular group is "above average" in intelligence. Maybe they all are - but you're the one telling us that one particular group is "above average". Could you share your evidence?
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2093 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  21:59:48  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TL;DR

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  22:39:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not bad, but probably: DR;NA (Did Read; No Answers)
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  23:56:19  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

You rang?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

The fact you're taking a study at face value indicates you may not be in the cohort of "smart" left-wingers.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14305 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  05:40:59  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

You rang?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

The fact you're taking a study at face value indicates you may not be in the cohort of "smart" left-wingers.

I'm smart enough to know that your response indicates the research suggests a few things that you don't like

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 21 Nov 2016 06:02:07
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  17:11:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Can I just say"... that I like how we are using the latest buzz-words in our posts? "Cohort" is very good, and right up there. "Pull factors" isn't bad either. Even "condescension", while not a buzz-word, sounds pretty good when used correctly . "Oligarchy"... meh. Sorry, REM. Very last decade, but you score some points for trying. "Post truth" should be due for a run, and I think we've used "deplorables" a few times - but they should probably stay in 'The Donald' thread.

... leverage, millennial, paradigm shift, new normal, segue, schadenfreude, survival strategy, exit strategy...

Let's keep it up, and let's keep it "on trend" and "on message". As you were (and moving forward)...

Edited by - Zac on 21 Nov 2016 17:25:21
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11208 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  19:28:50  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Let's keep it up, and let's keep it "on trend" and "on message". As you were (and moving forward)...

Zaccy boy being relevant AF.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  20:33:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Relevant AF? Probably more OT.
Just a brief diversion. Let's not get as OT AF.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2093 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  21:40:40  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sarcasm is evidently multigenerational

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11208 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  22:48:26  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

It's been a fairly interesting week in NSW for the Nationals Party.

Troy Grant has stepped down as Nationals leader and John Barilaro has taken his place, who may or may not have been linked to questionable donations:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-17/did-the-nsw-nationals-break-donation-laws/8033468

and the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers may win the seat of Orange, which the NSW Nats do not like the idea of and have asked for a recount, and have got it:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-19/nationals-granted-recount-in-orange-by-election/8039574?section=nsw

UPDATE: The NSW Nats got their recount, and lost.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  23:15:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes. It's evident right there.

Lighten up. I apologise if I annoyed you, because it wasn't meant that way. Maybe both of us should use a few more smilies

EDIT: CP posted while I was posting. ("Hi, CP ." Yep, the Nats missed it by that much.) This post was to tommo.

Edited by - Zac on 21 Nov 2016 23:22:22
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Dec 2016 :  16:46:10  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

You rang?

I'm smart enough to know that your response indicates the research suggests a few things that you don't like

If you want to go down the IQ rabbit hole, there's a few studies about race, religion and IQ that suggests a few things that you don't like

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01068128

http://mankindquarterly.org/archive/paper.php?p=647

Published articles about Islam and low IQs. I can keep posting them if you want.

Someone compiled a few more and got their website listed by the National Library of Australia.

http://islammonitor.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=3910

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 25 Dec 2016 :  15:39:13  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We have had nearly two years of incompetency in the Queensland government and yet nothing from one particular member who proclaims to not support any major political party when we couldn't hear enough from him in the three years that preceded it. What a ****ing joke!

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 25 Dec 2016 :  16:20:40  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
do you want a tissue?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.53 seconds.