V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  22:51:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Australians hold values that are essentially left wing." Well, The Guardian would say that - and like to believe it. The Australian would disagree. I thought the media in the past year or so (including The Guardian) had been telling us that Australians (including The Australian, which is already there) were heading off to the Right.

It's certainly not offensive - or harassment, even. It's just an opinion.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  23:18:30  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So apparently it was my reference to Mal(will the real Mal Turnbull please stand up!) that got me pinged.....but I digress....

The people of WA seem to stand in contrast to that message LG...and WA is some what of a conservative heartland really...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 22 Mar 2017 23:19:56
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 24 Mar 2017 :  23:18:35  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Maybe this will help Mr Zac...? centre left???

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/18/australians-hold-values-that-are-essentially-leftwing-this-week-in-politics-proves-it

Oh.....I apologize in advance to LG and anyone else who finds this post offensive or abusive....

Van Badham is an absolute cow. And also somewhat incorrect. Any good points she may have get ruined continuously by her hysterical sooking and hyperbole.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  20:51:48  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

18C is Abbott's mates holding Turncoat by the short and curlies....public support for change is minimal....and yet they burn up political capital pursuing it....in the name of free speech....deriding anyone as "PC" who opposes them...completely missing the irony of their stance all together....now that Mal has left us....the Good Doctor John is the last shining light of the LNP....and the ALP is not much better.....but to be fair ever since the ALP became the party of the centre right....the LNP has struggled to find a reason for being....

Tough call, stating this post is abusive....very tough call....but fear not.....I shall resist the political censorship and continue to dissent!

Tell me REM, as a purveyor of the arts (I would assume), how the late Bill Leak's cartoon in question should ever be subject to prosecution or remedy under 18C. This case (as well as the QUT one which I assume you would disagree with the outcome) shows what's wrong with the section and why it needs to be revoked.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-20/bill-leak-singled-out-for-racial-discrimination-investigation/7952590

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  21:52:13  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Maybe this will help Mr Zac...? centre left???

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/18/australians-hold-values-that-are-essentially-leftwing-this-week-in-politics-proves-it

Oh.....I apologize in advance to LG and anyone else who finds this post offensive or abusive....

Van Badham is an absolute cow. And also somewhat incorrect. Any good points she may have get ruined continuously by her hysterical sooking and hyperbole.

Oh, ok...I reckon you just comprehensively refuted her there with cold, objective, non-emotional facts....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 25 Mar 2017 21:52:48
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  11:09:09  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So a bill that no one in the wider public really gives a **** about, has been defeated in the Senate.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-30/18c-racial-discrimination-act-changes-defeated-in-senate/8402792
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  14:47:50  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am not aware of the specifics of what they were proposing but generally as a proposition I am disappointed it didn't get up and so should many of the liberals (I mean lefties/democrat supporters, whatever). Long live the power of the state to reign over us and control and monitor what we say to their subjective and ever changing standards.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  19:14:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

I am not aware of the specifics of what they were proposing

Maybe because if was explained to the wider public, they may have given a **** and it may have got through. It wasn't explained, it got canned and no one gave a ****.

Funnily enough, on the same day it was tapped on the head, Mark Latham got sacked by Foxtel/Sky News for having too "extreme" views.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Apr 2017 :  08:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I am not aware of the specifics of what they were proposing but generally as a proposition I am disappointed it didn't get up and so should many of the liberals (I mean lefties/democrat supporters, whatever). Long live the power of the state to reign over us and control and monitor what we say to their subjective and ever changing standards.

another post of a contrary view just of sake of it - you really are a tool - the sooner you get banned from here the better - you bring nothing to the conversation

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 04 Apr 2017 :  08:21:04  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

another post of a contrary view just of sake of it - you really are a tool - the sooner you get banned from here the better - you bring nothing to the conversation

It is called an opinion Trev. Everyone should be entitled to one. We don't live in Iraq ffs.

Zac, REM I assume you are both happy with this announcement?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/education-revolution-redux-turnbull-gives-a-gonski-after-all-20170502-gvx8pd.html

Edited by - bundy1 on 03 May 2017 01:46:44
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  23:01:27  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thoughts on the budget?

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  00:15:56  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll have more thoughts later but if the public wanted a budget with the Turnbull stamp on it they got it. I would be flabbergasted to not see a return to 53-47 in his favour after that as even REM himself won't say it is a bad budget. For me, I think there is too much spending but that said at least a lot of it looks like it is going into infrastructure such as the Melbourne to Brisbane train line that we need.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  01:47:12  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No doubt that there will be plenty of debate for and against drug testing welfare recipients.

I'm not quite sold on the idea of the great inland rail though. Do we even have a standardised rail gauge in every state?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  09:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sneaking in on Labor values to win votes , that is the obvious

2nd most obvious, they have learnt the lesson that says if you fund health and education you are a winner, it is just planning for the next election - nothing more, nothing less - and that is my comment on the budget

quote:
Originally posted by CP

No doubt that there will be plenty of debate for and against drug testing welfare recipients.

I'm not quite sold on the idea of the great inland rail though. Do we even have a standardised rail gauge in every state?

Jackie Lambie was on ABC News this morning asking for Politicians to be drug and alcohol tested as they enter Parliament, she said they would have heaps of credibility if they did - can you imagine the uproar

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 10 May 2017 09:16:30
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  14:52:11  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Jackie Lambie was on ABC News this morning asking for Politicians to be drug and alcohol tested as they enter Parliament, she said they would have heaps of credibility if they did - can you imagine the uproar

Well it is a workplace, and some now require blowing the bag before you enter the site proper. Weirdly I agree with Jacqui on this one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 26.59 seconds.