V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  10:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

No it hasn't - it's been 'delayed', so they haven't included it...

Tomato, or BBQ? Dunn & Bradstreet.

http://dnb.com.au/Header/News/Small_business_failures_up_48_per_cent/indexdl_8144.aspx

"The number of small businesses going bankrupt jumped by 48 per cent over the last 12 months, while small business start-ups fell by 95 per cent over the same period."
and all that and the Carbon Tax and the Mining Tax hasn't even come in yet.

Of course you wouldn't link the report from D&B with those new taxes would you? Of course not - hahahahahahaaaaa It would have nothing to with the GFC and the slowing down of the world economies, coz the GFC didn't happen did it?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  12:01:48  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The carbon and mining tax won't produce income - by the time companies reduce, dodge - oh, sorry, 'optimise', and move what they need to, the Govt won't get half the money they think they're about to, and what they do get they've commited to giving back as rebates and refunds anyway.....they're using it to buy the mines new equipment FFS!!

Get a grip on how it's going to work, Trev, because quite clearly you're happy to just sit over there in the corner and say 'we'll see'.

No, we already know.

As for your next attempt at a shot at me - have a look on the graph on that page where it shows that business failures were actually at their LOWEST in the past 4 years in 2008, when the GFC was underway and when the ALP started splashing cash.
There's a reason for that - we didn't go into recession.......becaaaauseee.......we were in good shape, believe it or not.

So, no, the GFC didn't affect us.

What you will also notice is that despite te ALP plunging us into record levels of debt and patting themselves on the back for a 'job well done', that the failures have climbed since. Maybe they should have spent more time governing, and less time preaching the end of the world to an economy that was strong but soon lost confidence because of the dribble coming out of Canberra....

All interesting figures considering the audit showed that, even though they committed to spending massive sums of money in order to 'save us' in 2008, and then claimed they did - the bulk of the cash actually got tied up in red tape and wasn't spent until the end of 2009 and 2010, hence my hint the other day to watch the dates you claim that our saviours did just that.

They've killed us, and all for nothing, because it's clearly not working and their only answer is to borrow another $50 Billion and splash it around, too.

Idiots.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/julia-gillards-50-billion-line-of-credit-labor-to-raise-its-debt-ceiling/story-e6freuy9-1226351389375
"THE Gillard government will lift the nation's credit card limit by another $50 billion to a record $300 billion as it parades its return to a budget surplus and family handouts.

But, according to economists, the interest payments alone on an increase in government debt, if fully applied, could be enough to wipe out next year's predicted $1.5 billion surplus."

Strap in, too, because there is a double-dip coming when the Euro finally collapses some time in the next few months.....

Edited by - rabbits on 17 May 2012 12:04:28
Go to Top of Page

kart_racer
Team Manager

Australia
2359 Posts
joined 22 Aug 07

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  18:59:28  Show Profile Send kart_racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
GFC didn't affect us?

I was working in retail before, during and after and I can confidently say the GFC made a BIG difference to spending.

Retail is in pretty bad shape as far as growth goes. Would expect to see a few more chains under administration in the next couple of years.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell" - Peter Brock

_Mnissan
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  21:06:43  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry Rabs but you're out there with Mr Spock if you think the GFC didn't affect us

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  21:45:36  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
2008.....2008.....2008......2008......I'll get the message across soon, as some of you will actually read what is written soon....I hope....
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  22:26:00  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

So the Feds can give hundreds of millions for new stadiums, rail underpasses, new road bridges etc to State Governments, but not for hospitals?
The feds fund projects. It's up to the states to execute them.

quote:
The people I know and chat to are real, not not just figures, and can give me their opinion. Like I said above, hearing the radio this morning and all the callers ringing in revealing their plight these days is very disconcerting. Sure its not 22 million people, but how realistic is that seriously...
Yet they can afford to keep the phone connected to call a radio station. People doing tough like you heard are nothing new and not a result of the current government. People have been buring funiture, huddeling in one room in the Howard years, the Hawke/Keating ones, Frazer, Whitlam... to the start of time.

I am real too, and I can say my quality of life and employment has gone up under this Labor government. Just because you hear every sally sob story doesn't mean everything is in the crapper. And to be fair I too hear mostly negative thing about Labor from others. The twist is they live pretty well. I talk to alot of pensioner, they hate Gillard, but they have never done better while she has been PM with increased welfare and exemptions.

quote:
All good if we just want to sit around having ciggies and booze then. I would prefer Labor keep the money and push services that will lift our lifestyle and generate a more profitable workplace for all.
Like finally funding the completion of the pacific highway so Australias 3 largest cities are link by dual lanes? The building of the NBN to future proof communications? Upgrading school facilities? Insulating homes to save on heating costs? Funding the Australian manufacturing sector to retain jobs? Handouts for poor families that "ring in"?

quote:
To lazy for not listening to the government push their own agendas, even when over time they are proven liars? At least the media keep them on their toes, and after all if Labor did everything right, there would be nothing bad to report.
Abbott is a self confessed liar and you lot lapp it up like he is being honest. "Never ever" GST. Tax cuts that can't be explained. Hiring private firms to do the figures when there is the treasury, real cost saving there huh? The media are not keeping the Government on their toes, they are selling newspapers. Misery sells. Surprisingly the budget reports lasted only a couple of days. Couldn't have been that bad then.

People are off on another planet if they think the opposition is any better with the truth.

quote:
Is it really just that simple? If giving out handouts will fix it all, why don't we just get rid of most taxes and look after the country ourselves, are we all competent enough for that?
According to you, obviously not. You want the gov to to control every aspect of our lives. I guess it's a good 'out' to complain about though.

The opposition supported the family bonus BTW.

quote:

Ok, the most recent example was just given to us by AGL. They have stated that their electricity bills will go out $160 more expensive now, due directly to the carbon tax. This is a federal government tax isn't it?
Really? You burn 7 tonnes of CO2?

AGL is a private company. They wouldn't use the CT to take advantage would they? They got caught over charging customers when they wern't reading metres and just guessed usage. I was one of them.

quote:
A question for you Albert. Is there anything that you feel Labor has done wrong during their time in power?
Nothing of consequence. Yes they are poor with the media, they should have handled the Thompson issue better. They shoot themselve in the foot with infighting. But things like that don't run the country.

A couple of days ago there was a neat little graph showing tax revenue and spending for the last 40 years. When ever revenue fell, spending went up. When spending was cut, we had that "recession we had to have". Given this history and Australia has a good economy today. Things are pretty good, they can certainly be worse.

Interesting that the graph also showed that the Howard era enjoyed the highest levels of tax revenue ever. Job is alot easier when there is money pooring in.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  22:57:30  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You seem to keep associating me with supporting the libs Albert? I just feel Labor are doing a compoundingly bad job. You keep pushing how well labor are going so looks like we just look at things quite differently. The only real judge of performance I can see on paper at the moment is the polls, so at least I am not alone in my thinking...

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 19 May 2012 :  12:17:46  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

2008.....2008.....2008......2008......I'll get the message across soon, as some of you will actually read what is written soon....I hope....

No one needs to read anything.

People know they were affected by the GFC from their own personal experiences.

Companies going bust, employers laying off staff or cutting their hours, tradies not being paid, retail in the toilet....

You're putting up some reasonable arguments but your denial of the GFC makes you sound like a nutter.

quote:

"The number of small businesses going bankrupt jumped by 48 per cent over the last 12 months, while small business start-ups fell by 95 per cent over the same period."

I wonder what the percentages are in the USA, Spain, Greece etc?

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 May 2012 :  22:22:28  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You seem to keep associating me with supporting the libs Albert? I just feel Labor are doing a compoundingly bad job. You keep pushing how well labor are going so looks like we just look at things quite differently. The only real judge of performance I can see on paper at the moment is the polls, so at least I am not alone in my thinking...

You did say a number of times you feel Abbott and the Libs will do a better job. Is that not supporting them?

The polls are a popularity contest. In NSW the polls overwhelmingly put the Libs in power and they are no better then the Labor party was. I believe Vic is experiencing a similar predicament just like on the federal level the Libs have no plan to implement anything they promise. They can't even find funding for their key policy. They are more interested in hanging Thompson and Slipper and wasting parliamentary time playing tit for tat instead of providing a viable alternative.

Yep my view does differ but not any less valid. I'm living it and I can tell the difference from who is really to blame when things go south and when thing go well and give credit where it's due.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  12:19:27  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

You did say a number of times you feel Abbott and the Libs will do a better job. Is that not supporting them?

The polls are a popularity contest. In NSW the polls overwhelmingly put the Libs in power and they are no better then the Labor party was. I believe Vic is experiencing a similar predicament just like on the federal level the Libs have no plan to implement anything they promise. They can't even find funding for their key policy. They are more interested in hanging Thompson and Slipper and wasting parliamentary time playing tit for tat instead of providing a viable alternative.

Yep my view does differ but not any less valid. I'm living it and I can tell the difference from who is really to blame when things go south and when thing go well and give credit where it's due.

I think its more that I feel Labor will are not doing as good of a job as I feel the Libs have done and could possibly do now. They might not have the strength as the once did, but even if they don't go that well, in my opinion it will be hard pressed to go as bad as the current situation.

I dont really get into the polls either, though it still I feel Labor would much prefer much more positive support from the public than what is currently indicated.

You opinion might be more valid than mine anyway? Still worth pointing out your own thoughts in a discussion, rather than feeling not worthy of an opinion.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  18:52:29  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This Thompson bloke surely must be delusional.
His parliamentary reply reminds me of the kid caught wagging school!

Dear Miss
Craig was sick yestaday.
signed
my mum.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  08:05:02  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah it all doesn't look good for him Gerry.

If someone had gone to all that trouble to shoot him down with all the supposed illegal credit card payments, mobile and landline phone calls etc would you of not reported it to the police at least during the last few years?

He seems to be trying to make everyone believe a whole lot of 'what ifs' which is quite hard to fathom with the extent of evidence against him. Maybe he is telling the truth, and people hatched a large plan to ruin him, or he is just not giving up on his denial, but yesterday was not the best look for him as I see it. He certainly wont be getting the Libs to side with him as an independent with that speech!

Edited by - willsy on 22 May 2012 08:05:52
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  08:12:24  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This Thomson bloke is delusional and in denial - and so is the Labor Party when it comes to this Thomson bloke. Like someone said about him in the Bill Heffernan thread: "He is entitled to be considered/presumed innocent until proven guilty." Well, guess what? The accusations against him were put before Fair Work Australia. FWA is the institution established by the Labor Government to investigate unfair/corrupt/illegal etc. practices in the work place. The findings of Fair Work Australia were (finally) released on May 11, just a week or two ago. FWA found 181 contraventions of the Workplace Relations Act, most of them relating to the "former official", Craig Thomson. In his tearful one-hour blabber yesterday, not only was he unable to disprove any of them, apart from one or two, he didn't even try. He just tried to tip the bucket on those who made the accusations against him in the first place. To complete the denial, the Labor Party didn't even try to defend Fair Work Australia, and preferS to pretend that the institution it established doesn't exist.

Delusional and in denial, and it'd be funny if it wasn't the Parliament of Australia that's being made to look so laughable.

http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/media/releases/7-May-2012.htm

Edited by - Zac on 22 May 2012 08:45:12
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  09:33:40  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I remember starting a thread about 6 months ago saying this bloke was in troube and got howled down.....

I know who is laughing now!!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  12:11:48  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
who?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.98 seconds.