V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  21:09:07  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Looks like Roberts is gone....https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/sep/22/malcolm-roberts-was-dual-british-and-australian-citizen-when-nominated-judge-rules?CMP=soc_567

now for only a couple of LNP...and we are game on! Get ya bets on.....they won't all survive!

60-40 is what constitutional law expert Graeme Orr put it in favour of them getting booted. I put it the other way around.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politics/federal/high-farce-in-the-high-court-your-guide-to-the-citizenship-seven-20171009-p4ywdg.html

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2773 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  09:55:56  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can i ask how any of this affects how the nation is run? At least you know things can't be too bad in Aussie politics when this is the biggest issue "affecting" Australia currently.

Edited by - Jam3s on 11 Oct 2017 09:58:00
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  10:19:28  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You forgot the same sex marriage debate. This'll affect the way the nation is run if decisions go against any of these MPs. For one, if Barnaby Joyce was ruled ineligible, we'd be heading for a change of government.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  11:05:54  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

You forgot the same sex marriage debate. This'll affect the way the nation is run if decisions go against any of these MPs. For one, if Barnaby Joyce was ruled ineligible, we'd be heading for a change of government.

Surely if he is found ineligible, surely that affects the rest of his political record?

EDIT: According to various news reports, our welfare bill works out at about $300000 per minute.

Edited by - CP on 23 Oct 2017 12:34:49
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  12:16:10  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

EDIT: According to various news reports, our welfare bill works out at about $300000 per minute.

And what is our unemployment rate again? Goes to show that we are one of most generous countries in the world when it comes to government handouts.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  12:28:34  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by CP

And what is our unemployment rate again? Goes to show that we are one of most generous countries in the world when it comes to government handouts.

Possibly, but the employment numbers also count those that only have one hour of work a week.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  12:30:08  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Possibly, but the employment numbers also count those that only have one hour of work a week.

Yes but that doesn't disqualify them for income assistance from the government.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  14:08:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Do you think that you can manage on 1 hour week of work without Centrelink?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  14:23:12  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Welfare doesn't only include the unemployed...
It would be interesting to see a breakdown of that figure.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  14:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I learnt last week that apparently a previous Government moved people from the unemployment line into the disability line to make the 'unemployment' numbers look better than they really were, and now they are trying to move them back, but is creating grief for the genuine people on disability allowance

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  14:59:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Both Labor and the Coalition do what they can to fudge the figures to make them look as favourable to them as possible. As CP said a few posts above, as long as a person is working at least a few hours a week, they go onto the 'employed' figures. You can guarantee that many of those workers from Ford, Holden and Toyota who have gone from full-time employment to part-time, casual, or whatever else they can find are not showing up anywhere to any increase in unemployment, but they've certainly dropped in their employment and income. I hadn't heard about people being moved from unemployment payments to disability payments, but I suppose as long as any government is using the same system to produce these figures, unemployment can be tracked and compared. It's just not as accurate as it should be.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  21:00:33  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

I wouldn't be working for an amount of hours where I would still need Centrelink to supplement my income.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  21:25:37  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

I wouldn't be working for an amount of hours where I would still need Centrelink to supplement my income.

Do I bite my tongue or do do I ask another question?

What if you were a victim of circumstance and had to supplement your income, as many others in that situation do? I highly doubt that if need be, you'd be searching for cash in hand work so you don't declare it?
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 24 Oct 2017 :  21:28:51  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Do I bite my tongue or do do I ask another question?

What if you were a victim of circumstance and had to supplement your income, as many others in that situation do? I highly doubt that if need be, you'd be searching for cash in hand work so you don't declare it?

I would downgrade what I do to get by in the short term - work retail if need be. Anything to stay off Centrelink and be a further drain on society.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  06:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you jump on the Centrelink webpage you can quite easily see how many hours people can work and still maintain disability allowance, it is up to 30 hours per week before there is a penalty, they will adjust your allowance depending on the hours worked, BUT if you are working 30 hours then you will come under scrutiny as THEY believe that if you can work 30 pw then you can work 38. Some stupid buggers around here worked full time at a seasonal job for a few months then wondered why they were moved off disability onto Newstart - LOL

Stress and depression are the new 'sore backs' for Disability Allowance, and unlike a sore back it is very very difficult to disprove stress or depression, in fact the weirder you behave the more you are proving the point

--------------------------------------------------------------------

and he is gone as I predicted - LOL

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/live-blog-high-court-delivers-judgement-on-citizenship-seven/9085032

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 27 Oct 2017 15:37:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.5 seconds.