V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 07 Nov 2017 :  22:36:54  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably for it and nothing wrong about that.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  09:38:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

Adani is one of the biggest blights ever proposed in this country. Any possible benefits are totally outweighed by the damage it will cause.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  09:47:03  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It'll be great

for India
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  11:07:29  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

Adani is one of the biggest blights ever proposed in this country. Any possible benefits are totally outweighed by the damage it will cause.

Even the Labor party supports it. With strict ERA conditions on its operation (which I would further suggest have gone beyond what was really required), I'm pretty sure that the benefits to Queensland will outweigh any damage it will cause.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  11:13:09  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps you could do some proper research. You might just change your mind rather than just be 'pretty sure'...
I don't really care which party supports it as they have all benefited from (or will benefit from promises if they're kept) donations so any support is totally biassed.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  11:54:57  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would further suggest that any benefits to India will far outweigh any benefits to Queensland and Australia.

Adani has been trying to get finance from institutions around the world without success. The 'Big Four' Australian banks have all knocked Adani back, and now the Australian government is trying to offer $1,000,000,000 to Adani in concessional loans
Australia is offering finance to an Indian company to dig up Australian resources, and we're supposed to believe it's a good deal?

The case 'for' this mine, based on income, jobs, and other supposed financial benefits is "smoke and mirrors" from what I've seen, and is outweighed by the 'against' case - and that's before the consideration of any environmental impacts.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  19:40:17  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I would further suggest that any benefits to India will far outweigh any benefits to Queensland and Australia.

Adani has been trying to get finance from institutions around the world without success. The 'Big Four' Australian banks have all knocked Adani back, and now the Australian government is trying to offer $1,000,000,000 to Adani in concessional loans
Australia is offering finance to an Indian company to dig up Australian resources, and we're supposed to believe it's a good deal?

The case 'for' this mine, based on income, jobs, and other supposed financial benefits is "smoke and mirrors" from what I've seen, and is outweighed by the 'against' case - and that's before the consideration of any environmental impacts.

So what we are just going to keep the resources for an Australian company to dig up that may never eventuate?

quote:

Perhaps you could do some proper research. You might just change your mind rather than just be 'pretty sure'...
I don't really care which party supports it as they have all benefited from (or will benefit from promises if they're kept) donations so any support is totally biassed.

Maybe you should check the donation register to see what other companies,associations or other entities that donate to the political parties and benefit from their decisions (or lack of decisions in some cases). Not saying that I agree with any of this but just pointing out that Adani isn't the only one donating to a political party to get an "indirect" benefit out of it

Edited by - bundy1 on 08 Nov 2017 19:45:57
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  19:58:08  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

So what we are just going to keep the resources for an Australian company to dig up that may never eventuate?

quote:

Maybe you should check the donation register to see what other companies,associations or other entities that donate to the political parties and benefit from their decisions (or lack of decisions in some cases). Not saying that I agree with any of this but just pointing out that Adani isn't the only one donating to a political party to get an "indirect" benefit out of it

Firstly, you were talking about Adani and not other companies.
Secondly, it would be far more beneficial to leave the coal in the ground and get nothing for it than give Adani a ONE BILLION dollar loan which probably won't get paid back as well as the various other concessions like local governments building them an airfield, for example.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  20:06:35  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The other thing is, and I might come back to your point later, that it is looking more and more likely that coal will become an obsolete source of energy or close to it such that we won't need to open up and mine other sites in the next 20-30 years to source sufficient enough coal to service our and the world's needs so for the benefit of the economy whether that be mining royalties, other taxation or the benefits that the employment will bring is to get on with having that mine site fully operational and extracting coal for export primarily.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  21:14:56  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Translation required...
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  22:04:07  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
..but really not necessary.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 08 Nov 2017 :  22:17:06  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

..but really not necessary.

Agree. It is as clear as day.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Nov 2017 :  06:58:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So you're saying we don't need the Adani mine because there's plenty of others operating; yet you're sprouting that we need Adani...
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Nov 2017 :  07:21:28  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't try and make sense out of it, LG. The longer the sentence, the less sense it makes.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Nov 2017 :  08:08:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah - the clear day is pretty cloudy.

Actually, I could use some of the sentences as great exemplars in my lectures. I'm sure the students would be fascinated, or at least perplexed.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 09 Nov 2017 08:11:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.22 seconds.