V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Nov 2017 :  18:44:05  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just watched the manus island protesters at the liberal function on the news...had green senators and leftys...are they the people who you support remmy ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Nov 2017 :  18:55:11  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Just watched the manus island protesters at the liberal function on the news...had green senators and leftys...are they the people who you support remmy ?

Depends on the day T1...I'm a true swinging voter...Greens, ALP, Australian Progressives, Sex Party etc, etc...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 11 Nov 2017 18:55:44
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Nov 2017 :  19:02:29  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Depends on the day T1...I'm a true swinging voter...Greens, ALP, Australian Progressives, Sex Party etc, etc...

Ah ok...because the people in that story would be people i would warn my kids about

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 11 Nov 2017 :  19:53:16  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Is that the old Howard seat?

That could be close

Only be close if Alexander doesn't run.

Putting up Kristina Kenneally is just for sheer promotional purposes for the Labor party.

I just wanted to also say that good riddance to Lambie. Someone that rode in on the back of Clive Palmer's brief popularity and has been nothing but an embarrassment to the Senate chamber.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it is the end of her politically, if the sitting member for Braddon is ineligible due to being a dual citizen, as she will be contesting that seat's by-election.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Edited by - bundy1 on 14 Nov 2017 20:10:42
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Nov 2017 :  05:54:31  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

Putting up Kristina Kenneally is just for sheer promotional purposes for the Labor party.
I think she is a good choice, she is smart and I am guessing not a dual citizen like half of the LNP

quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

I just wanted to also say that good riddance to Lambie. Someone that rode in on the back of Clive Palmer's brief popularity and has been nothing but an embarrassment to the Senate chamber.
you would say that because unlike you she has served her country in 2 capacities, she has actually contributed to this great country, something you will never have the capacity to do, I like her she is honest and a straight shooter, something that is missing in mainstream politics

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 15 Nov 2017 05:58:45
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  16:48:53  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cash price for being a "Champion of Farming" or donation for being a "Champion Friend"?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-24/barnaby-joyce-says-he-had-no-warning-about-gina-rinehart-award/9188084
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  18:35:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gina Rinehart is a negative influence on Australian politics, Australia in general, her family, and almost anything else in which she has any involvement - but for some reason, she has taken a shine to Barney-boy. He hasn't worked out yet how not to have any involvement with her, but he's slowly getting there.

Edited by - Zac on 24 Nov 2017 18:35:55
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7211 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 25 Nov 2017 :  23:25:04  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought Labor were getting booted from QLD?

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  04:55:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and One Nation was going to be a power house in Qld - hahahahaha

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  09:00:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems to be the protest vote which minor parties have enjoyed recently is fading .?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  09:30:24  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe the people have realised that it doesn't matter how you vote any more. Either way, LNP or ALP we're ****ed.
They have us by the short and curlies and unless some messiah materialises who is stronger than both these crooked institutions it will be status quo.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  09:53:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Maybe the people have realised that it doesn't matter how you vote any more. Either way, LNP or ALP we're ****ed.
They have us by the short and curlies and unless some messiah materialises who is stronger than both these crooked institutions it will be status quo.

I agree...however my theory is...a state government needs to be run by the same federal government...meaning if the alp are leading federally your state will be better off if they are lead by the alp and vice versa.

In SA our state is bleeding badly I believe due to the the state ALP dislike for the Feds Libs and vice versa

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  09:59:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You could be right there T1.
I believe we should only have 2 levels of government.
That would help enormously.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  10:05:55  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

In SA our state is bleeding badly I believe due to the the state ALP dislike for the Feds Libs and vice versa

I would have thought that the main problem is the fact that the Labor party has been in power in SA for more than 15 years.

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Don't worry - they still have completely ****ed the LNP. Oh well it seems that the people still haven't learnt their lesson from 09.

Gone the easy way out rather than standing up and making the tough decision to save the Queensland balance sheet and economy.

I should have known this anyway when the public voted with their feet to remove Newman that they weren't prepared to make the tough choices. And, in any event, it isn't as if people voting federally are doing any better with the direction that the politicians are heading with debt and their nonchalant attitudes towards it.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Edited by - bundy1 on 26 Nov 2017 10:12:42
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  11:09:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

The QLD political correspondent suggested that part of the problem was that Pauline took it upon herself to be "face" of the One Nation election bid rather than promote the candidates themselves, not that One Nation would've got that many votes anyway.

What were both parties aims to do with the mine that no one wants?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.67 seconds.