V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  17:16:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Someone gave him a push which made him jump a bit earlier than planned. It was a lovely 'Goodbye' speech: "I have always acted with integrity" and all that. No mention of why he got that push. Doesn't matter, we all know anyway.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  23:34:54  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was Sam one of Eddie's bunch?

Mr Cormann, from the Coalition, dined from the same Chinese takeaway too, it that's different.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-12/liberals-defend-their-dealings-with-chinese-businessman/9251172

Edited by - CP on 13 Dec 2017 00:03:12
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Dec 2017 :  06:41:52  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It appears that Libs have some questions to answer on the Chinese front as well

As I posted earlier, people in glass houses . . . . . . . .

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 13 Dec 2017 :  21:35:05  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No problems Trev, Malcolm will give it the thumbs up, just like Michaela Cash abusing her power to send a film crew around to Bills place just when the Fed's where visiting!
This government is a stinking lying festering mess with a leader who has failed On so many fronts!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Dec 2017 :  22:40:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The way I see it, the Chinese government is working out ways to find favour with Australian politicians of all persuasions, trying to gradually steer Australia towards China and away from the USA. With the USA in decline and China heading the other way, it could well be. Our slack 'political donations' laws have helped. I think China figures that as it is far and away our biggest trading partner, and the US is stumbling and fumbling internationally, it's a good time to increase Chinese influence in Australia. Trying to buy a few of the more 'susceptible' pollies (like Dastyari) around to the Chinese way of thinking, and therefore to get Australians to be more amenable to a greater Chinese influence here, it's currently got all sides of politics stirred up. It'll settle down as the Chinese get more subtle, and more clever.

I don't know about "a stinking, lying, festering mess", but the Government is split all over the place, and Turnbull is unable to herd it into anything like a coherent force. If Turnbull could have managed to keep Bernardi onside, and wooed some One Nation voters back to his party, he'd be laughing, but he can't - and will never do it. So far though, it's the Opposition which has coughed up one of its own, caught out pushing the Chinese line instead of Australia's. They haven't found anyone quite as "susceptible" as Sam in the Government - yet, but they'll be getting closer, and more devious. I've heard a few waverers recently. China wants Australia, and this is a good time to start pushing for it. It's been pushing and buying its way in for some time. As the US declines around the globe, and the world pays less serious attention to it, IMHO the Chinese will be working away, trying to gradually get us to strengthen our ties with China and away from the US. They love us. They love our space, they love our farms, they love our mines. That's why they've bought so much of them.

I don't really know - and I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I can see a time when the Central People's Government of The People's Republic will be asking us to leave ANZUS and join an alliance with them. Fanciful? Maybe - but watching what's gradually happening, it's possible. Nice, little, benevolent billionaires, smiling and nodding in such friendly ways could be a tiny part of a gradual process.

At least Sam has done us a favour by helping show us what China is on about.

PS: Thinking about how poorly Malcolm is performing reminds me of a Keating quote on Hewson... "This is the sort of little boy, stamp your foot stuff that happens when you shoehorn a financial yuppie into parliament".

Edited by - Zac on 13 Dec 2017 23:17:30
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Dec 2017 :  18:10:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Finally a politician speaking about an awesome guy in parliament

http://www.openaustralia.org.au/debates/?id=2017-10-18.32.1

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Dec 2017 :  18:45:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's going straight to the poolroom!

Why don't you put this in its own thread in General Chit Chat where it can stand on its own, instead of letting it get mixed up with Sam Dastyari, Barnaby, Anna Palaszczuk, and the rest of the festering, stinking mess of politics. If you're too embarrassed to promote yourself, perhaps LG will do it for you...
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 14 Dec 2017 :  19:06:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm with Zac!
I hope you're very proud T1 as you should be.
Congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 14 Dec 2017 :  23:10:20  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good effort Mick

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 15 Dec 2017 :  05:10:16  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A big good onya Mick, well done, all too often the fantastic effort of the real Australians go un-noticed

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Dec 2017 :  07:40:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
thanks fellas

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Dec 2017 :  14:52:53  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has there been a cocktail whipped up for this occasion?

Seriously, congrats T1.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 16 Dec 2017 :  18:23:15  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats pretty cool Mick, respect.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Dec 2017 :  05:58:33  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am hearing that Mal has survived with a win in Benelong, but a 5.6% swing against the sitting member

Edited by - Trev on 17 Dec 2017 05:58:54
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Dec 2017 :  06:56:40  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am hearing that Mal has survived with a win in Benelong, but a 5.6% swing against the sitting member

Yeah...I'm surprised, I thought John Alexander was a goner for sure

This whole citizenship thing doesn't make sense to me...how come some have quit and some members have bielections ?

Anyway I'm sure mal is breathing a little easier over his Christmas break

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.62 seconds.