V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  00:07:00  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While Australia gets screwed because of this incompetent Labor Government and Tony Abbott saying no to everything, it's a good strategy by him. Because if he agrees with everything Julia does then people start to think she's doing well and think that he wouldn't do anything. I'd say he says no to everything so that Julia takes the blame and come next election, he's the winner.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  00:34:05  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I'm got going to sit here and say that opening up Nauru wouldn't cost more than what it currently costs to operate the on-shore processing facilities in Australia, because I would be wrong to do that, especially if we compare the individual cost of processing one asylum seeker in Australia vs. Nauru. But we have to keep in mind that the mere idea to boat smugglers and asylum seekers to be sent off-shore rather than Australia when they attempt to enter our territories provides the sufficient disincentive and deterrent that will overtime persuade less and less of them to come as what arguably happened in the last 6 years of the Howard government's due to its pacific solution policy.

----------------------------------------------------

Just like I have always thought as Shorten to be the alternative PM to Gillard and Rudd, much to the disbelief of REM of course, who favours the more moderate left union leader in Combet

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/bill-shorten-looms-as-labors-plan-b/story-e6freooo-1226224910274

Edited by - bundy on 18 Dec 2011 02:38:13
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  06:43:05  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy

Not wrong there...caused by the greater numbers that have come under this Government

Greater numbers? Rabs graph shoots you down.

quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

Yes, I am going back 5 years- back to when it cost $165m to process the boat people...and only ONE thing has happened in that time - Rudd canned the PS - THAT action ALONE has lead to the costs being $800 MILLION a year NOW - and growing......with the total cost now being over a BILLION per year to process everyone.

What would be wrong with taking ONE YEAR'S costs in order to have costs drop back to that level? Probably only one thing, actually - thanks to Rudd and the ALP, there's now too many people...

Was that clear enough? Because I'll be buggered if you seem to be catching onto the maths involved....

Why won't you acknowledge that reopening Nauru will cost more than onshore processing NOW!

The Libs have admitted it.

Why did they close it in the first place?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  08:14:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Bill Shorten has been planning this since Beaconsfield.
People saw how well he operated in that environment and immediately earmarked him.
Having his mum-in-law as the GG helps even though, theoretically, it could be a hindrance.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  15:05:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

While Australia gets screwed because of this incompetent Labor Government and Tony Abbott saying no to everything, it's a good strategy by him. Because if he agrees with everything Julia does then people start to think she's doing well and think that he wouldn't do anything. I'd say he says no to everything so that Julia takes the blame and come next election, he's the winner.

You sound confident that he will be place come the next election, you and him are about the only ones who think so, Mal is just waiting, waiting . . . . . . . . . . .

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  15:12:15  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

quote:

You sound confident that he will be place come the next election, you and him are about the only ones who think so, Mal is just waiting, waiting . . . . . . . . . . .

Just like Kevin, Greg, er, Bill

(Sorry Trev, just couldn't help myself)
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  18:56:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

oh I am confident Julia will be there, the same confidence I have about Abbott not being there.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  19:03:25  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

oh I am confident Julia will be there, the same confidence I have about Abbott not being there.

Once all the 'politicking' has been done, I think you mightg be right Trev!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  20:48:12  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well I'm got going to sit here and say that opening up Nauru wouldn't cost more than what it currently costs to operate the on-shore processing facilities in Australia, because I would be wrong to do that, especially if we compare the individual cost of processing one asylum seeker in Australia vs. Nauru. But we have to keep in mind that the mere idea to boat smugglers and asylum seekers to be sent off-shore rather than Australia when they attempt to enter our territories provides the sufficient disincentive and deterrent that will overtime persuade less and less of them to come as what arguably happened in the last 6 years of the Howard government's due to its pacific solution policy.

The boats never stopped during the pacific solution. Nauru had thousands go through for processing.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  22:17:08  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tell you lot a little secret: the boats ain't gonna stop!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  23:08:04  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

You're probably right, but nothing is guaranteed until it's confirmed.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  03:06:45  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

The boats never stopped during the pacific solution. Nauru had thousands go through for processing.

Nowhere near as many if it were opened again.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  03:54:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and no where near as many if Abbott et el had agreed with the Malaysian solution and the subsequent legislation changes.

The Malaysian solution was never ever about sending them to Malaysia, it was about making it sound so bad (they might get beaten) that the didn't want to get on the boats to start with, it was about scaring the bejesus out of them

Abbott, the Greens et el should have blood on their hands over the boat sinking on the weekend.

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  04:06:41  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

and no where near as many if Abbott et el had agreed with the Malaysian solution and the subsequent legislation changes.

The Malaysian solution was never ever about sending them to Malaysia, it was about making it sound so bad (they might get beaten) that the didn't want to get on the boats to start with, it was about scaring the bejesus out of them

Abbott, the Greens et el should have blood on their hands over the boat sinking on the weekend.

No Trev...the Labor party is. Just the mere mention of its name and the fact that it is in Government is enough to persuade the aslyum seekers to attempt to make it over here by boat illegally.

Howard losing the election, in this regard, was one of the worst things that could have happened to this country. And now we are just paying for it.

And to suggest that Abbott is at fault because he won't support their Indonesian plans is absurd as we all know that it would be more inhumane to process them there than in Nauru.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  06:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

And to suggest that Abbott is at fault because he won't support their Indonesian plans is absurd as we all know that it would be more inhumane to process them there than in Nauru.

and by that statement it proves that you (and others) just don't get it. The point was to never send them there, iot was meant a deterrent,.

The mere thought of being sent there was meant to be a deterrent to stop them getting on the boats to start with and it was working until Abbott and the Greens sunk it - typical blockage - he (and the Greens) are a waste of space.

The Nauru solution had exactly the same outcome, if they get on boats and they know they are not going to get into Australia was a deterrent to stop them getting on the boats, the Malaysian solution would have had to same outcome.

Blood on their hands - nothing more, nothing less

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.53 seconds.