V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  18:36:10  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Such a healthy and united government we have!

Also removing the climate change targets in a bid to strengthen his standing in the party shows that he doesn't believe in what's best for his country, and will backflip his own beliefs in order to get what he wants.

Weak.

Edited by - Jam3s on 21 Aug 2018 19:03:20
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  19:06:04  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Trouble with Turnbull is, he is in the wrong party...his views are the same as the ALP.

I think dutton will do a good job....he has done ok with stopping the boats

Anyone who traumatizes little kids and infants for cheap political gain is alright by me.....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 21 Aug 2018 19:33:22
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  19:40:35  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I think dutton will do a good job....he has done ok with stopping the boats

That happened pre-Dutton.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  23:45:05  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Changing Prime Ministers now is like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  04:00:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
its been done before (and before and before)

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  06:11:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
From Gough becoming Prime Minister in 1972, to Howard losing in 2007, we had 5 PMs in 35 years.
We've now had 5 PMs in just over 10 years, we're about to get our 6th, and will almost certainly get our 7th not too long after that. Stability in Australian politics is gone - for many and varied reasons. One reason is that from Rudd to Turnbull, there hasn't been a decent PM amongst them, and the next two hopefuls don't look like being any different. Anyone with enthusiasm for either a Coalition or Labor government or a Dutton or Shorten PM (or any other current possibility), is more optimistic about politics than I could ever be.

PS: Dutton. DUTTON? What are they thinking?

Edited by - Zac on 22 Aug 2018 06:12:44
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  08:20:51  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dutton??? I know, surely there are better candiates

Reading social media this morning, there is a move to promote Julie Bishop as a candidate - fair dinkum, she would have to be the worst ever, loyal to who ever holds the reins - LOL

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  08:31:29  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is just reminding me of the old Dave Clark Five song...

"Here they come again, mmmm-mm-mm
Catch us if you can, mmmm-mm-mm
Time to get a move on, mmmm-mm-mm
We will yell with all of our might"
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  09:30:30  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Combining Supercars and Politics:

If, as widely canvassed, there will be an election campaign running while the Bathurst event is also running,

Could we see a car running advertising for a political party.

It has happened before with that Canadian chappie.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  14:07:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm sure there may be some better choices than Dutton, maybe Mr Pyne.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Mr Duttons leadership challenge is governed by a hand, or numerous hands up his arse.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  16:07:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I'm sure there may be some better choices than Dutton, maybe Mr Pyne.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Mr Duttons leadership challenge is governed by a hand, or numerous hands up his arse.

So he'd be the equal of Shorten then...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  16:57:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was surprised to read that Dutton used to be a senior Policeman

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  18:12:19  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I was surprised to read that Dutton used to be a senior Policeman

No doubt, the Police Force would also be surprised.

He was there for only 9 years (and is alleged to have left under a cloud).

quote:
3. Several other previously published articles since the 2001 Federal election have alluded to allegations of Mr Peter Dutton’s possible misconduct, as the reason he left the Queensland Police Force in 1999. This includes a detailed article by the journalist and author Madonna King, titled “Good Cop Bad Cop,” on 9TH August 2014 in the Sydney Morning Herald

https://www.change.org/p/australian-royal-commission-into-institutional-responses-to-child-sexual-abuse-case-study-34-royal-commission-call-peter-dutton-mp-others-to-testify-in-sex-abuse-case-study-34/u/19631906

An ideal scenario for Labor would be for Dutton to be elected as Liberal Leader and therefore prime Minister,

At least one, possibly two National members have pledged to cross the floor, thus enabling labor to get a no-confidence motion.

This would result in PM Dutton leading the Libs into the election.

As soon as Dutton nominated, Labor would refer his eligibilty to run for Parliament to the High Court. If disqualified, then who is the Lib leader and if not disqualified, the ruckus only has to cost him 2% to be not elected.

Even better for them, if Dutton flukes getting elected, probably as an opposition MP, because the High Court is so slow, would be for the H C to disqualify him later and cause a bye-election so that PM Shorten could crow a lot.

quote:
Mr Dutton gets cash from a family trust that owns two Brisbane child care centres – reportedly $5.6 million between 2010 and 2018. This might breach Section 44 of the constitution, which prohibits politicians from receiving any “pecuniary interest” from the government.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/08/22/peter-dutton-question-time-section-44/

There is absolutely no way that I could vote for Labor again with Bill Shorten as leader. I can find absolutely no evidence that he can be trusted and much reason that he can not.

Dutton is a no-vote, no-brainer.

I still think that a vote for Grant Denyer is the best option if Dutton gets up.

Seriously, I cannot see any possibility of Labor not winning the next election and creating prime minister Shorten.

I hear Canada is giving sanctuary to Aussie Asylum seekers.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  18:25:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This place will go into melt down once big pete becomes PM

Looking forward to it #128512;

Compared to what we currently have, he is better GO PETE

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  18:46:17  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

This place will go into melt down once big pete becomes PM

Looking forward to it #128512;

Compared to what we currently have, he is better GO PETE

How is he better T1?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.91 seconds.