V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 30 May 2012 :  14:37:36  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And how did China go throughout the GFC? And I don't give a **** how they did it - Govt stimulus or not - they kept buying, didn't they? We still had money coming in hand-over-fist, didn't we???

Talk about clueless - you've just made my argument for me! 'We had it soft'.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 31 May 2012 :  08:34:22  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

http://m.smh.com.au/national/mad-dash-shows-deplorable-state-of-political-debate-20120530-1zjj1.html

Oh God. How anyone can see the opposition as anything more than a bad joke is beyond me. Look at the babyish ********ery that passes for political debate. Tony ****ing Abbott running around parliament to avoid doing something productive. Just when you thought it couldn't get more pathetic, the opposition takes it to new lows.

Gillard is absolutely useless, but Tony can't even overtake her as preferred PM and with good reason. He is the worst opposition leader in Australian history. The country is totally ****ed beyond reason if he gets elected, George W. Bush looks like a Nobel Prize winning scholar compared to Tony.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 31 May 2012 :  14:28:25  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That SMH link reads more like a Labor press release than a news report. I'd say both the government and the opposition are taking it to new lows. Both of them were unedifying and unproductive in that charade yesterday, and neither are likely to improve anytime soon.

I don't know why you say that Tony Abbott can't overtake Julia Gillard as preferred Prime Minister. In the latest poll, Julia just crept ahead of Tony Abbott for only the second time since she became PM. The poll was taken during a week that she was out of the country, which probably had something to do with it. Both of them have high disapproval ratings of around 60%. Let's face it: The electorate doesn't like either of them, and we're splitting hairs deciding who's the least worst by one or two percent. It'd be more accurate to say that Julia has been unable to overtake Abbott as preferred PM apart from one or two rare occasions in the nearly two years she's been PM. It's a different story in party polling. In all polling since Julia became PM, the Coalition has been comfortably leading the ALP. Enough of a lead, even in the latest polls, to cause Labor a wipeout of Queensland and NSW state election proportions if an election were to be held now - and that's with Abbott dragging the Coalition down.
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 31 May 2012 :  15:09:00  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd bet leftie that those two occasions coincide with when she was handing out cash, too....the whole aim of doing it....to buy votes.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 31 May 2012 :  21:34:01  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

I'd bet leftie that those two occasions coincide with when she was handing out cash, too....the whole aim of doing it....to buy votes.

And the Libs have never handed out money?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Jun 2012 :  09:26:07  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

And the Libs have never handed out money?

The baby bonus springs to mind
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 01 Jun 2012 :  10:23:01  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe the votes actually coincided with Abbott doing something astonishingly stupid, like the above picture?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Jun 2012 :  12:26:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Possibly. Do you have a similar theory for Julia polling behind Tony Abbott for almost every poll for the past two years?
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  14:08:11  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am simply amazed that some people can get so bitter and twisted in defending the current crop of political scum that occupies both the federal government and their opposition?

They simply are not worth the breath being wasted!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  15:26:59  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Possibly. Do you have a similar theory for Julia polling behind Tony Abbott for almost every poll for the past two years?

Could it because the polls are not accurate?

I remember one of the two major polls (I think it was the Galaxy Poll) said the Liberals would win the 2007 election and Howard would retain his seat comfortably.

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

I am simply amazed that some people can get so bitter and twisted in defending the current crop of political scum that occupies both the federal government and their opposition?

Agree with you 100%.

They are all in it for themselves. The needs of the Australian people and the country as a whole are secondary.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  16:04:18  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that's one thing we can all agree on....

Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  18:53:01  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Agree!

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  08:33:23  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So.......comments?? You've just spent 10 pages telling me how bad things are, so, let's see what you've got....straight from 'your man' himself....

90% of people ( around 5000 so far ) have hit 'no' in the poll too, just out of interest....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/bouncy-wayne-swan-out-of-step-with-a-nation-of-realists/story-e6freuzr-1226386759456

Edited by - rabbits on 07 Jun 2012 08:38:03
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  14:56:08  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Didn't GDP grow 4.3% year on year?

I hope they vote out all the ****s. No Liberal or Labour left. Abbott should go for being a negative prick all the time, what good would a retard who can only scream bad things be in boosting confidence.

Vote out the big parties.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 07 Jun 2012 15:03:01
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  15:52:47  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So.......comments?? You've just spent 10 pages telling me how bad things are, so, let's see what you've got....straight from 'your man' himself....

90% of people ( around 5000 so far ) have hit 'no' in the poll too, just out of interest....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/bouncy-wayne-swan-out-of-step-with-a-nation-of-realists/story-e6freuzr-1226386759456

Nice try rabs. For 10 pages you been trying to tell us things are not bad and don't need any government help. 90% of that 5000 disagree with you.

Then there is the little fact that the growth in part is a result of consumer spending. I'm sure the tele was unbiased when they publish people thoughts on the issue too.

They all blame the carbon tax. How can that be when it is not active yet?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.28 seconds.