V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

oldtimer
Team Manager



4042 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 15 Nov 2018 :  21:54:27  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
somewhere between page 23 and page 499, there was a really interesting obsevation.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 15 Nov 2018 :  22:08:12  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looking at th urgent crop of MPs
I'd suggest, the best leaders would be
Peter dutton...( remmy just had a heart attack )
Penny Wong ( if the ALP are ready )
Thoughts ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  06:13:05  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah...nah...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 16 Nov 2018 06:40:35
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  06:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

What company am I keeping ?....So a person should be able to get a job, because of their sex ?....not because they have more talent or credentials ?
have you forgotten the Turbull/Abbott/Turnbull/(Dutton)/Morrison episode in recent times

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

And what about the ALP ?...they get a woman in power and they couldn't wait to get rid of her !!!...penny Wong would make a great leader, but will she Trev ?...no ...why ?...why wasn't she allowed to voice her opinions on same sex marriage when it was first raised Trev ?
I'm a dad to 4 daughters, so don't bring the sexist crap to me thanks

firstly, this is a typical immature deflection response, I take you to task and you respond with "yeah but..........what about your....." my 4 kids did that for years (I have daughters as well, 2 in fact and they have more horespower than me in debating)

Why not Penny Wong? - pretty simple really - she is in the Upper House, the PM/Leader sits in the Lower House - do you know how our system works?

Penny Wong wasn't allowed to voice her opinion on same sex marriage for the same reason most of the Libs didn't - it is called 'toeing the party line', this is what happens when you sell your soul to the Party

For my part I would be really happy if Tanya Plibersek got the top job, she is smart and gets her point across in an intelligent mature manner

Abbott crucified Gillard, it was deplorable to watch that a man could have so little regard for a woman - he is a disgusting human for what he did - in case you have forgotten

(interestingly, both the women on his right, our left got the arse in one way or another)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqMc1sKL-so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galh3Iwpkbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VmR9CesbXk


quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Wasn't really many terrorists issues here before he became PM....but maybe securing all those WMD were worth it for us all?



That's actually offensive remmy.....


it might be offensive to you but the fact is he headed us into an unwinnable war and help create the destabilisation in the Middle East, along with his George W.

He believed the **** that George W was sprouting and that is the end of it

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 16 Nov 2018 06:55:32
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9788 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  07:17:10  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

...penny Wong would make a great leader, but will she Trev ?...no ...why ?...
Why not Penny Wong? - pretty simple really - she is in the Upper House, the PM/Leader sits in the Lower House - do you know how our system works?


There is nothing to stop a Senator becoming Prime Minister. There is no law and nothing in the Constitution to prevent it. Senator John Gorton became Prime Minister. He transferred successfully to the House of Representatives after becoming Prime Minister, but that was only convention. He could have remained in the Senate as Prime Minister, unusual and as difficult to work smoothly in practice as it might have been.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/carr-could-become-prime-minister-in-the-senate-20120311-1us9y.html

Edited by - Zac on 16 Nov 2018 07:18:47
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  07:36:57  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

What company am I keeping ?....So a person should be able to get a job, because of their sex ?....not because they have more talent or credentials ?
have you forgotten the Turbull/Abbott/Turnbull/(Dutton)/Morrison episode in recent times

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

And what about the ALP ?...they get a woman in power and they couldn't wait to get rid of her !!!...penny Wong would make a great leader, but will she Trev ?...no ...why ?...why wasn't she allowed to voice her opinions on same sex marriage when it was first raised Trev ?
I'm a dad to 4 daughters, so don't bring the sexist crap to me thanks

firstly, this is a typical immature deflection response, I take you to task and you respond with "yeah but..........what about your....." my 4 kids did that for years (I have daughters as well, 2 in fact and they have more horespower than me in debating)

Why not Penny Wong? - pretty simple really - she is in the Upper House, the PM/Leader sits in the Lower House - do you know how our system works?

Penny Wong wasn't allowed to voice her opinion on same sex marriage for the same reason most of the Libs didn't - it is called 'toeing the party line', this is what happens when you sell your soul to the Party

For my part I would be really happy if Tanya Plibersek got the top job, she is smart and gets her point across in an intelligent mature manner

Abbott crucified Gillard, it was deplorable to watch that a man could have so little regard for a woman - he is a disgusting human for what he did - in case you have forgotten

(interestingly, both the women on his right, our left got the arse in one way or another)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqMc1sKL-so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galh3Iwpkbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VmR9CesbXk


quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Wasn't really many terrorists issues here before he became PM....but maybe securing all those WMD were worth it for us all?



That's actually offensive remmy.....


it might be offensive to you but the fact is he headed us into an unwinnable war and help create the destabilisation in the Middle East, along with his George W.

He believed the **** that George W was sprouting and that is the end of it




exactly ANOTHER great candidate in Tanya...yet was over looked by the ALP boys club

I agree that we should not have invaded iraq...but interestingly most terrorist attacks arnt from Iraq and when the ALP/greens came to power did they pull the troops ? NO

WHY do you think the opposition is always so much better than the current government when they have proven to have the same policies as the current government ?????

Gillard hung herself with her lies Trev..tony isn't that smart

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9788 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  08:25:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Wasn't he that dotty old fella who ended up losing his seat?

That's the fella. Lost his seat after serving as PM for 11 years - longer than the past 6 Prime Ministers' combined total so far. Not totally unflushable, but it took a while.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  08:28:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
she may have 'lied' once T1 - how many did Mal, Tony, John et el tell - come one be fair dinkum here

Why are YOU targeting the lying thing, is it because YOU have set a higher standard for women to achieve than men. Plenty of male politicians have lied yet you only want to talk our only FEMALE PM



I talked to work colleague this morning about this Penny and the gay marriage thing, and 'toeing the party line', his response was "if you on a team you should all kick to the same goal, not kick the other way"

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 16 Nov 2018 09:03:57
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  12:45:16  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

she may have 'lied' once T1 - how many did Mal, Tony, John et el tell - come one be fair dinkum here

Why are YOU targeting the lying thing, is it because YOU have set a higher standard for women to achieve than men. Plenty of male politicians have lied yet you only want to talk our only FEMALE PM



I talked to work colleague this morning about this Penny and the gay marriage thing, and 'toeing the party line', his response was "if you on a team you should all kick to the same goal, not kick the other way"



the sexist thing is getting very boring trev...

yes plenty of pollie have lied ( they all do don't they ? )
but she wasn't very good at it so her party demoted her...noticed it was HER OWN PARTY...she didn't loose an election but the ALP boys club booted her...nothing to do with ole mate Tony.

if you want to blame anyone for her demise its the faceless men of the ALP

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  13:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

the sexist thing is getting very boring trev...

yes plenty of pollie have lied ( they all do don't they ? )
but he she wasn't very good at it so his her party demoted him her...noticed it was HIS HER OWN PARTY...he she didn't loose an election but the LIB ALP boys club booted him her...everything nothing to do with ole mate Tony/Malcolm/Peter/Morrison.

if you want to blame anyone for his her demise its the faceless men of the LIB's ALP

fixed for accuracy

I can't believe you can keep a straight face and type that rubbish, I have changed it reflect the Libs hahahahaha

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  13:23:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wowza...ok trev

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 16 Nov 2018 13:28:48
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  16:01:56  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
glass houses old mate, people who live in them shouldn't throw stones

and

always make sure your own backyard is tidy before commenting on others

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  16:27:28  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

glass houses old mate, people who live in them shouldn't throw stones

and

always make sure your own backyard is tidy before commenting on others



who has said that there backyard is tidy ?
I voted for Rudd not Abbott...I thought you were talking about Gillard dumped from the ALP because she was a woman ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  16:29:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I thought you were talking about Gillard dumped from the ALP because she was a woman ?

that is what you said

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17541 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  17:23:43  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I thought you were talking about Gillard dumped from the ALP because she was a woman ?

that is what you said



Im confused..yes that's right...and you were blaming the libs for that

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.19 seconds.