V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  14:07:38  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Yep, speaking of "self destruct"...

. Was just reading Boltís column while I bought a coffee....apparently it would put them in an election winning position if they denied climate change, promoted coal and moved further to the right.....we love this guy!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  14:58:10  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hahahaha, just proves how far out of touch they really are, even their 'main consultant' is telling them to go more right, however one of their own Kelly Dwyer is telling them the opposite, they should listen to Bolt coz he really is in touch

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  15:09:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I donít know that the Libs take much notice of Andrew Bolt, or Alan Jones either, but things could be more entertaining if they did. In over 50 years of following Australian politics, I havenít seen anything like this before. There was plenty to laugh about with the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd days, but the Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison thing has been a whole new level of fun - with the Dutton joke making it even funnier. Weíll get back to having a government governing sometime in the future.

Edited by - Zac on 28 Nov 2018 15:11:53
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  15:15:47  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why is it funny ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  15:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I donít know that the Libs take much notice of Andrew Bolt, or Alan Jones either, but things could be more entertaining if they did. In over 50 years of following Australian politics, I havenít seen anything like this before. There was plenty to laugh about with the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd days, but the Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison thing has been a whole new level of fun - with the Dutton joke making it even funnier. Weíll get back to having a government governing sometime in the future.

yeah, May 2019 hopefully

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  17:34:07  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Why is it funny ?

It's pretty funny in so many ways. Just one example (Edit: TWO examples): That enough Liberal MPs thought that Peter Dutton was electorally appealing enough to be Prime Minister - or that most of those same people now believe that the answer to their current troubles is to bring back Tony Abbott. Like, really? Is the party now that far removed from reality? OTOH, it's pretty sad that the once great Liberal Party of Australia is in such a parlous state right now. I'd really like to see a strong, united Liberal Party, because I believe in the Liberal ideals and philosophy as originally set out by Robert Menzies, and I'd like the party to get back to them - but I'm not holding my breath while I'm waiting.

PS: Here's one more example. The (current) leader and PM is Scott Morrison. He doesn't ring true with me, and wearing a baseball cap and saying "Yeah, I follow the Sharkies, mate" doesn't seem to help him win over others either - but he's way ahead of Bill Shorten in the 'Preferred Prime Minister' polls (so was Mal). Way ahead - but his party is waay behind Bill's Labor Party, and going behind further with every poll. Somehow, the bells still aren't ringing in Liberal Party headquarters. That's funny - or serious (depending on your point of view).

Edited by - Zac on 28 Nov 2018 17:54:42
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  18:25:12  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah still don't find any of that funny......but anyway

So how will billy go ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  18:54:18  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't think you would. Like I said: It depends on your point of view.
Billy will go pretty well, in spite of himself - and most Australian's opinions of him. Let's face it: What does he have to beat?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  18:58:28  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I didn't think you would. Like I said: It depends on your point of view.
Billy will go pretty well, in spite of himself - and most Australian's opinions of him. Let's face it: What does he have to beat?

Not what but who does he have to beat

Might get elected, but a few people are eyeing his job

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  19:04:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and who are they?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  19:13:57  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lol...every other alo member
Nobody seems to like bill

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  19:33:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Not what but who does he have to beat

Alo, alo? What, who? What's the difference? 'What' is the Liberal organisation - or lack of it. 'Who' is/are the people who make up that organisation. Billy should shut-up and go on holidays, and come back after the election. Best election strategy ever while this stuff is going on.

Watch Shaun Micallef's 'Mad as Hell' tonight. It can be your therapy.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  19:49:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i will give bill 12 mths before we have another leadership spill

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  19:54:30  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Watch Shaun Micallef's 'Mad as Hell' tonight. It can be your therapy.

funniest and smartezt show on TV

Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  21:52:34  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scomo logic about these protests. What's ScoMo's actual message here? Sit down and shut up, study instead of protest, get good grades, become a professional, do good science, provide evidence to government, get ignored about climate change anyway.

Unless science aligns with the lobbyists, it's ignored.

Edited by - Jam3s on 28 Nov 2018 21:54:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 18.66 seconds.