V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  22:50:20  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

i will give bill 12 mths before we have another leadership spill

I think you are wrong Mick.

If Bill becomes PM, i think after what the Libs have done recently, Labor won't make the same mistake again, the Australian public is totally over it!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  07:02:29  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:

If Bill becomes PM, i think after what the Libs have done recently, Labor won't make the same mistake again, the Australian public is totally over it!

When did politicians start giving a **** about the Australian public?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  07:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I think you pretty right M, they wouldn't be that stupid again. I reckon even if he turns out to be a dud (which I doubt), they will hold on to him

as a side note, I see last night that "trikcy' Dickie Smith is going to run in Bronywn Bishop's old seat, even after he canned her for being too old and he is older than she was at the time. He actually might have a chance as people seem to be leaning towards prominent independents

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  07:13:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Neither party gives a **** about the Australian public.
All the politicians are simply hand puppets to groups of mainly faceless men who swerve, step and steer for their own economic gain.
Knifing leaders is now something that we come to expect and seem to accept as part of life.
Perhaps the election that voters actually think about the candidates for whom they vote, rather and just vote for 'their' party might be the day that the faceless ones have to stop and actually take notice.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  07:37:14  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so the ALP sacked Rudd...went bad
then kicked Julia out ...went bad
rudd in...went bad
abbott gets kicked by Mal...went bad
he goes for scott...goes bad

looks like nobody has learnt yet....politicans have massive egos

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  07:54:59  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

politicans have massive egos

we can agree

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  11:27:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

All the politicians are simply hand puppets to groups of mainly faceless men who swerve, step and steer for their own economic gain.
Knifing leaders is now something that we come to expect and seem to accept as part of life.
Perhaps the election that voters actually think about the candidates for whom they vote, rather and just vote for 'their' party might be the day that the faceless ones have to stop and actually take notice.

A bit like the ones that follow the family line because Mum and Nan and Dad and Pop voted this way so I must do it too.

I think we need younger people to get more involved in all levels of government. It'd be nice to see a capable MP that is in my age group.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  12:00:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

A bit like the ones that follow the family line because Mum and Nan and Dad and Pop voted this way so I must do it too.

I think we need younger people to get more involved in all levels of government. It'd be nice to see a capable MP that is in my age group.

yeah I agree, I think one issue's is money. They can earn a lot more in the public sector and work less hours

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  12:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think most go with the right intent but get ****ed over by the 'machine' - F.I.F.O. (fit in or **** off)

Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 01 Dec 2018 :  11:10:32  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

We’ll get back to having a government governing sometime in the future.

I won’t hold my breath on that.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Dec 2018 :  16:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good to see Turnbull interfering hahahahaha - all the **** they hung on Labor and they are heaps worse for their in-fighting hahaha

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 03 Dec 2018 :  18:04:00  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Good to see Turnbull interfering hahahahaha - all the **** they hung on Labor and they are heaps worse for their in-fighting hahaha

Yeah hahahaha.....good thing your not a troll....hahahaha

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 03 Dec 2018 18:10:19
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Dec 2018 :  19:23:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Dec 2018 :  09:01:27  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There has been some renovations done at Parliament House overnight. They've now finally decided to replace the revolving door in the PMs office with one that only opens one way.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-04/morrison-effectively-ends-spills-against-a-liberal-pm/10579390?section=politics
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Dec 2018 :  16:52:42  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope it works, I know I am stating the obvious but when we vote we elect a local member, generally of a 'party' of some kind, enough members of that party get elected so they form a government, the party also elects their leader sometime previous. I have no issue with them turfing their leader in opposition or in government, that is party business, that is the process of the party. I vote for my local member, I have NEVER EVER voted for the leader, when I vote I vote for the party/member I prefer

But is good that both parties have tightened up their processes.

We don't care when they change leaders in opposition but for some reason the media takes exception to them changing leaders in government. It is, as we all know driven by the media and their ****ing polls

Edited by - Trev on 04 Dec 2018 16:53:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 16.74 seconds.