V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Dec 2018 :  23:54:50  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After hundreds of pages, perhaps we need a seperate election string so that other parties can be mentioned.

The Senate will be the big story this election with successful candidates needing 14.286% of the votes unlike 7.143% at the last election.

Some of the low vote Senators will be leaving. (Pauline has another 3 years).

However, with the ALP/Lib/Nat mobs on the nose, a lot of votes will be going to minor parties in protest votes against the big parties.

With Green and One Nation support dropping drastically, it will be interesting to see which parties/Senators hold the balance of power.

Just an opinion, but I think the recent extensive bushfires raging through untended national parks will reduce any chance the Greens had of getting a Senate seat in Queensland, and might knock the ALP around as well.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 11 Dec 2018 :  17:44:52  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
People actually vote for the Greens in QLD?

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Dec 2018 :  19:19:31  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

Bearing in mind that over 14% is needed for a Senate seat:

At the 2016 Fed Senate election, the Greens managed:

NSW=7.41%
VIC=10.87%
Qld =6.92%
WA =10.53%
SA =5.87%
Tas=11.16%

Aus overall = 8.7%, which includes the irrelevant ACT=16.1 and NT=10.78%

Only 3 Green Senate positions are not up for election.

I understand the Green vote was down at last months state election in Vic.

There will likely be a few Green Senators looking for jobs or superannuation come March or May 2019.

Pauline Hansen and a Zenophon candidate from SA continue as they won 6 year terms.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Dec 2018 :  19:31:45  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anyone think Clive's new party will do much ?

Greens ?....will be interesting, they have seemed to have lost the way a little and with the major parties already turning to renewables it seems to have taken away there punch a bit

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 11 Dec 2018 :  20:52:05  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

Bearing in mind that over 14% is needed for a Senate seat:

At the 2016 Fed Senate election, the Greens managed:

NSW=7.41%
VIC=10.87%
Qld =6.92%
WA =10.53%
SA =5.87%
Tas=11.16%

Aus overall = 8.7%, which includes the irrelevant ACT=16.1 and NT=10.78%

Only 3 Green Senate positions are not up for election.

I understand the Green vote was down at last months state election in Vic.

There will likely be a few Green Senators looking for jobs or superannuation come March or May 2019.

Pauline Hansen and a Zenophon candidate from SA continue as they won 6 year terms.

Those % don't really surprise me except for SA. I thought it would be higher there, or at least not the lowest.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Dec 2018 :  10:12:25  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So the African Gangs scare tactic had a negative effect, who would have thought??

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/12/07/08/st-kilda-gang-attack-poice-continue-hunt

yep total rubbish eh ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Dec 2018 :  10:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just wish they would acknowledge the problem then put some plans in place to manage the issue

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Dec 2018 :  10:44:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I just wish they would acknowledge the problem then put some plans in place to manage the issue

like what the libs wanted to do ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2771 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 12 Dec 2018 :  11:18:10  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The problem does exist and does need to be dealt with but it's certainly over exaggerated and used as a political tool moreso than a genuine concern they're trying to work on. When you also consider the total percentage of crimes committed by these people is very small it makes it all a bit clearer how it's being used as a tool to manipulate votes.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Dec 2018 :  12:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

like what the libs wanted to do ?

I don't give a **** which side of politics fixes it, but they need to step up

BTW you can't do **** all from opposition - the Libs were the masters of their own destiny. 'Landslide' I think was the word that was bandied around

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Dec 2018 :  12:08:05  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Im a melbourneite or even a Victorian but from the outside it does seem to be an issue...not only in Melbourne but I know Adelaide has/had problems too

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2771 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 13 Dec 2018 :  19:51:09  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But nothing will be made of this. Can you imagine the uproar from the government if this was a group of black youths?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2249489978397175&id=130736376939223&anchor_composer=false
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Dec 2018 :  20:09:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

But nothing will be made of this. Can you imagine the uproar from the government if this was a group of black youths?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2249489978397175&id=130736376939223&anchor_composer=false

This is shown on the nightly news....you honestly think that nothing will be done about it ?....wow the Libs were righ then, need more money for law enforcement

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2771 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 13 Dec 2018 :  20:14:47  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

This is shown on the nightly news....you honestly think that nothing will be done about it ?....wow the Libs were righ then, need more money for law enforcement

If you think this will garner the same attention and uproar compared to it being black youths then you're delusional.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Dec 2018 :  20:17:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

If you think this will garner the same attention and uproar compared to it being black youths then you're delusional.

Well it did make the nightly news

So it's a race thing not a gang thing ?....or is because they are a certain race we can't say it's an issue ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.49 seconds.