V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Dec 2018 :  19:07:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's a bit of a clue:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-19/political-funding-arms-race-demands-donation-reform-della-bosca/7857850

If you get a benefactor with political influence and a whole lot of cash, and political parties desperate for that cash - and that benefactor throwing money at any of those parties that he thinks might assist his donors, and all existing in a system that still allows these murky deals, you're bound to have problems. With NSW Labor's record, it's no wonder that it's copping the attention of ICAC - but other political parties may well be a little nervous right now.

Stay tuned. It might lead nowhere, but there again...

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 18 Dec 2018 :  23:20:37  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey T1, i hope the goat is locked up so none of these pervert National Party pollies can get at her! It only takes one goat!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  00:20:25  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anyone think daycare workers should get paid the same as welders and riggers? I sure as hell don't, and the working mums won't think so either when their childcare costs explode due to higher wage requirements. That is a potential future if Tanya "Africa is a country" has her way. That bitch having her way on social policy in this country scares the hell out of me.

I had a survey from the industry superfund that I am a member of and who I'm happy with for the most part asking me whether they should charge all males more for the SAME insurance products they deduct from peoples super, simply because they are male, all in the name of the gender pay gap and equality. How ludicrous is that??? I don't take insurance through them, I cancelled it when I found out it was "opt out" not "opt it" (which is an absolute scam btw), but I still said if policies like that came in, I wouldn't be able to withdraw my super and change funds quick enough. These industry superfunds, unions and labor all have a direct line with each other of course. Very concerning to me.

Unless they subsidise daycare and other female dominated industries to a ridiculous degree, at the expense of your welders, riggers and other small businesses paying taxes. This is also very likely. You cannot increase labor costs while keeping both profits and prices the same. Again, very concerning to me. Will probably end up cheaper having a stay at home parent again which modern day feminists hate the concept of.

I do not want to vote Liberal at all, they are an absolute shambles. I'm embarrassed that an absolute goof like Scott Morrison, (who is basically begging for a terror attack or for African gang riots to occur so he can save his ass through fear), is our PM. But I am still very concerned about the Labor left.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 19 Dec 2018 00:36:53
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  04:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My wife is a daycare worker and has been for 32 years, we have opened our home to some interesting people over the years, my wife contracts through the local Council and YES she is underpaid, she started on 50c per hour per child

How many contractors do you know who have their wages dictated by the people who contract them, my wife has a Cert III in Chilcare, the same level qualification as "welders and riggers", many childcare workers have Diploma's, which is 2 levels higher than "welders and riggers" quals. My wife provides everything for the child except food and nappies, so she is a contractor in the true sense, would you be happy with all that considered to be paid $34 per hour, not per child but looking after 4 children with no smoko's, no meal breaks, no 'me time'

John Howard in all his vote buying power introduced subsidised childcare and now we are paying for it, you as a taxpayer are paying for it

What value do you Tommo, put on a child's welfare? I would have thought that someone'ss child in a safe comfortable engaging environment while they are off working as "welders and riggers" would be pretty important, obviously you don't

The big difference I see now is that people need to work 2 jobs to pay for all the 'goodies' they WANT not NEED. 2 income families to pay for the 50 sq house, 2 latest model cars, projection room, biggest screen TV, holidays to resorts overseas where they FIFO. Oh, and let me not forget those poor parents who just need "me time" FFS

All these ****ing whingers who complain about child care costs have a choice, ****ing stay home and look after your own kids - many wouldn't cope and have said so to my wife - our eldest daughter stayed home to raise their 3 kids, husband has one wage, they struggle big time, but they have a made a choice for the betterment of their kids

Jesus Christ you talk **** at times, you really should talk about **** you know about - seriously

So **** YOU and you ****ing worthless opinion

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 19 Dec 2018 16:30:32
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  06:55:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I gather from that Trev, that you don’t agree with Trickyonne’s point of view.
I don’t know how you compare the payment for two such different occupations, but from my own knowledge, things must be very different between your wife’s situation and my daughter’s. My daughter works full time and her daughter is in childcare daily. She pays $170 per day ($850 per week) for that care, and that childcare operation averages 60 children per day. That place has a net income of over $50,000 per week. Someone is doing pretty well out of that.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  07:30:11  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

My wife is a daycare worker and has been for 32 years, we have opened our home to some interesting people over the years, my wife contracts through the local Council and YES she is underpaid, she started on 50c per hour per child

How many contractors do you know who have their wages dictated by the people who contract them, my wife has a Cert III in Chilcare, the same level qualification as "welders and riggers", many childcare workers have Diploma's, which is 2 levels higher than "welders and riggers" quals. My wife provides everything for the child except food and nappies, so she is a contractor in the true sense, would you be happy with all that considered to be paid $34 per hour, not per child but looking after 4 children with no smoko's, no meal breaks, no 'me time'

John Howard in all his vote buying power introduced subsidised childcare and now we are paying for it, you as a taxpayer are paying for it

What value do you T1, put on a child's welfare? I would have thought that someone'ss child in a safe comfortable engaging environment while they are off working as "welders and riggers" would be pretty important, obviously you don't

The big difference I see now is that people need to work 2 jobs to pay for all the 'goodies' they WANT not NEED. 2 income families to pay for the 50 sq house, 2 latest model cars, projection room, biggest screen TV, holidays to resorts overseas where they FIFO. Oh, and let me not forget those poor parents who just need "me time" FFS

All these ****ing whingers who complain about child care costs have a choice, ****ing stay home and look after your own kids - many wouldn't cope and have said so to my wife - our eldest daughter stayed home to raise their 3 kids, husband has one wage, they struggle big time, but they have a made a choice for the betterment of their kids

Jesus Christ you talk **** at times, you really should talk about **** you know about - seriously

So **** YOU and you ****ing worthless opinion

hey dick head....clean your glasses ( wipe the crap from your chin too ) Tommo posted that NOT ME

AND YES CHILD CARE WORKERS ARE UNDER PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must add my wife is a stay at home mum so we have never used child care, but my daughter is studying high school teaching at uni and told me the qualifications you need. Not sure why your wife doesn't become a teacher and earn twice the amount with way more holidays ?

even tho my opinion is worthless

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 19 Dec 2018 09:12:36
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  08:17:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could either you or tommies change your avatar? We’re getting confused. I’ll have to check the coloured boxes to know who’s who.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  08:56:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Could either you or tommies change your avatar? We’re getting confused. I’ll have to check the coloured boxes to know who’s who.

Im the one getting in the Christmas spirit

clearly Iam tommo's role model he wants to be just like me

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 19 Dec 2018 15:33:50
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  11:01:45  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cert 3 in skills that anyone willing to put up with the tediousness of it can do with no high risk element maybe except for a feral child bringing in illnesses.

If its that bad she should have picked a different career. Just like anyone else has to.

Yes I think that the demise of the stay at home parent isn't a great thing in most cases. It's isn't done for luxury reasons, it is done because house prices and exponentially higher than what they have ever been. Good luck owning a home with one person earning 70k per year in the family, it isn't happening. Putting this down to the decisions of younger generations and their spending habits is both naive and typical of the arrogance people over 55 have in this country.

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Im the one getting in the Christmas spirit

How do I get in the spirit?

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 19 Dec 2018 11:18:59
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  13:10:08  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The gender pay gap will always be there as you can't compare the different roles both sexes are in. Of course, a fully qualified lady welder would earn the same as a fully qualified male welder, just as a fully qualified male childcare worker would get paid the same as a fully qualified female childcare worker.

I think they are championing the wrong cause though. I can understand the push into wanting more women in the blokier trades, but why not vice versa? I'm sure there would be more blokes involved in childcare if there was a bigger push for it, and if they got rid of the stigma of a bloke being around kids.

Besides, if women really only earned 80 cents to a males $1, then that would wmake them 20% cheaper to employ, and if that was the case, then why aren't they exploiting them and employing more them like they do with kids at Maccas or Woolworths (or people on work visas)?

Edited by - CP on 19 Dec 2018 16:08:37
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  15:29:54  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agree totally CP

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  16:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Tommo posted that NOT ME

apologies, I will go back and edit - I too was confused by the Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

Cert 3 in skills that anyone willing to put up with the tediousness of it can do with no high risk element maybe except for a feral child bringing in illnesses.

If its that bad she should have picked a different career. Just like anyone else has to.

Yes I think that the demise of the stay at home parent isn't a great thing in most cases. It's isn't done for luxury reasons, it is done because house prices and exponentially higher than what they have ever been. Good luck owning a home with one person earning 70k per year in the family, it isn't happening. Putting this down to the decisions of younger generations and their spending habits is both naive and typical of the arrogance people over 55 have in this country.
listen tool-breath, We had to have a 3rd of the price of our first house in the bank for 12 months untouched before the bank would lend us, in todays's terms that is $100,000, how would you go meeting those requriements, then we had to pay 18% interest for a period, tell me we didn't do it hard. A 12.5 square home with 3 bedrooms, I bathroom, 1 toilet on a small block and 6 people. ****ing try to tell me you are doing it tough - **** off, how big is your home? what cars do you have, how many phones do you have?

We had 4 kids in 4 years, before childcare my wife was 'unskilled' labour.

My wife decided to go into in home childcare so that she could be at home with our 4 kids (under 4) to support the family as I was then in low paying employment, for a while I held 3 jobs to make ends meet. Don't ****en tell me I don't know what tough is you ****ing scrot. Not enough money to put fuel in the car

As for issues as a childcare worker, how does being threatened with violence from drug affected parents in our own home tickle you fancy, clearly you have no ****ing idea, what about those critters who refuse to pay, that's right she also has to collect the parent contribution directly from the parent. So what do you do if one doesn't want to pay?

My wife has to work to a tight quality assurance program, she is responsible for 4 small children, their health, well being and their development, many parents can't wait to off-load their kids to my wife, she has the patience to settle kids abandoned by their parents at our front door for 8, 9 hours per day. Heard of 'respite care' that is for those parents to have some 'me time', they aren't working but need a break from raising their own children, the taxpayer picks up the bill for that as well. Her bosses conduct 'announced' and 'unannounced' safety visits, in other words they show up with no notice to make sure YOUR kids are in a safe engaging environment, how would your 'riggers' go with that? They would be on strike in a ****ing heartbeat

FDC in home care providers have to pass strict physical requirements as she works alone with small children, there is a concern that if a carer has a medical episode then who calls 000, her first aid training in an annual event to a high standard due to the nature of her work, to make sure YOUR kids get the best care, all paid for by her as she is a contractor, no holiday pay, no long service leave, no sick leave, no superannuation contributions from her employer - you sire are a cock-head, all that for ****ing $34 per hour, less if she only has 3 children, or even 2 children, or even 1 child, one child means she gets pays the princely sum of $8.50 per hour - would you work for that is such a hugely responsible job - our course not - ****ing idiot

And the big bit that parents don't say is they get 50% of their out of pocket costs in childcare back with their tax - they all whinge on TV about childcare costs but the NEVER tell about the (Howard) Government subsidies. Who ****ing pays, not the Government but the ****ing taxpayer, supporting those poor bastards who have to live in inner Sydney or in 50 square houses - ****ing spare me - this is called 'middle class welfare' **** John Howard

You are both ignorant and naive and riding on the back of all the hardworking people that came before you - you are typical of your generation, the "I want it now" generation, you ****ers have never had it so easy, finance on anything, ****en 3 mobiles phones, current model cars, you have no ****ing idea

and just so you know - THE GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES WORK ON A SLIDING SCALE, THOSE PARENTS WHO CAN AFFORD IT PAY FULL TILT, ONE INCOME FAMILIES PAY PRO-RATA. MY WIFE DOESN'T GET THE MONEY IT GOES TO THE DAYCARE PROVIDERS some people may only pay half of what my wife charges ($8.50 per hour per child), they rest is made up by us taxpayers

You have no ****ing idea how the system works do you?

****ing call my wife out you **** and call her 'unskilled labour' do you call your wife that, you know the mother of your children, you wouldn't have the balls to say it to my face

and Tommo - **** you and your worthless opinion

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I gather from that Trev, that you don’t agree with Trickyonne’s point of view.
I don’t know how you compare the payment for two such different occupations, but from my own knowledge, things must be very different between your wife’s situation and my daughter’s. My daughter works full time and her daughter is in childcare daily. She pays $170 per day ($850 per week) for that care, and that childcare operation averages 60 children per day. That place has a net income of over $50,000 per week. Someone is doing pretty well out of that.

tell you daughter to investigate Family Day Care, it is generally provided by local councils, educators can only have 4 pre-school kids. My wife gets $8.50 per hour per child, you can do the maths on an 8 hour day - and considering she is a 'contractor' it is pretty poor pay

Your daughter is paying some wealthy facility owner for the use of their facility, they charge that coz parents will pay

Edited by - Trev on 19 Dec 2018 17:29:20
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  17:28:45  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh look, the plus 55 is soooo hard done by. Give us a spell you absolute fool of a man.

Sent from my 4 year old Iphone while sitting in my very expensive and luxurious sub 10k Lancer, which is perfect for a bit of "me time" after a hard day of dealing with asshole 50+ year olds like you.

I'll say it right to your face too. The big hero that you are.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 19 Dec 2018 17:35:19
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  18:17:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
post 50 year olds who paved the way for you, who gave up almost everything to give your spoilt arse as much as you wanted. The only thing our generation could be guilty of is giving in to your ****ing whinning and whinging

The biggest issue with your generation is that you actually think you are doing it tough - you have no ****ing idea, why? because your parents protected you from the tough times

Now go and sit in the corner and suck on your thumb

Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 19 Dec 2018 :  18:36:53  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're whining right now. That is all you ever do. That is all everyone your age ever does. Whining, and delusion are the hallmarks of your generation and this is clearly across the political spectrum. Mortgage on hard work, what a joke.

Sucking your thumb will probably be the most consequential thing you will do for the year.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 24.92 seconds.