V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  06:48:17  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tommo11

Well if that is your point of view Trev you need to leave your sheltered workshop, cancel your Australian subscription and talk to some average joes.
see, typical of your generation, you think it is OK to insult everyone around you. Another personal attack Zac

Do you think I had a choice when I was born, of course there was a boom after WWII, it happened all over the world, so Government decisions are my fault now - again typical of your generation, blame everyone else instead of stepping up

quote:

Many of whom are forced into insecure contract or part time work by boomer employers while paying off mortgages way higher relative to income compared to what you ever had to deal with even in 1989. It also seems to me that you are somewhat blinded by your own upbringing. Trust me, there are a lot of kids and young adults who have had no help from their parents. Drug addiction is rife here, which causes all sorts of issues. People my age, people in 30s, 40s, itís everywhere. Friends have ended up on roads to nowhere because of their childhood homes. Some made it through too.

We are not hard done by compared to WW2 vets or depression era kids, Iíll give the person who would say that rubbish a good slap. But I donít see anyone suggesting that either. More boomer stereotypical nonsense. Iíve had stories about the depression era in country WA, Iíll pass being a kid or unemployed in 1930-32. I wonít be lectured on hardship by boomers (particularly 50s) sorts who have had their net wealth explode due to dumb luck, a property boom and being alive and employed at the right time, the same people who proclaim to be economic genius and bastions of hard work. I want to throw up thinking about it. Youíll be out of the way eventually though.

sounds to me you have 'generational envy'. And see here you showing your blind ignorance of me, I actually work in an industry that sees first hand the issues of today, I am a 'lefty' so I feel their pain, but I won't be lectured by some pissant like you. My daughters boy-friend (my daughter with a serious physical disability) has been on the casual roundabout for years - these employers really pis me off, how are people to get ahead and create wealth that is needed to keep the country going. I live in a regional town where the latest influx of migrants have been sent, our former Federal member quoted on her way out that 85% of recent migrants are unemployed

So to carry on from you yesterday - **** YOU AND YOUR INSULTS - I was trying to lift the tone but it is obvious that that is beyond your capacity

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 20 Dec 2018 06:54:29
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  11:03:58  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
People in glass houses shouldnít through stones mate. I made a general point in my first post which had nothing to do with your personal circumstances which you took personally in a post full of abuse.

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

All these ****ing whingers who complain about child care costs have a choice, ****ing stay home and look after your own kids - many wouldn't cope and have said so to my wife - our eldest daughter stayed home to raise their 3 kids, husband has one wage, they struggle big time, but they have a made a choice for the betterment of their kids

Jesus Christ you talk **** at times, you really should talk about **** you know about - seriously

So **** YOU and you ****ing worthless opinion

Your original post. Taking personally a small fraction of my post.

I'm happy to listen and learn. I have learned heaps from people like Zac, Gerry, yourself in 9 years of being a member here. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong.

I find it hard to listen when it is a bunch of lazy stereotypes regurgitated over and over again.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 20 Dec 2018 11:15:41
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  13:12:06  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I find it hard to listen when it is a bunch of lazy stereotypes regurgitated over and over again.

well read your own words and follow your own mantra my friend because most of your posts are slagging at baby boomer stereotypes - you hypocritical ****

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  13:57:46  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Zac...i believe if tanya or penny were leading the alp..the coalition would be slaughteted

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  15:40:10  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Albo would roll the lot of them I reckon, he seems to be growing more and more popular each day?
SCOMO is a schoolyard bully and will go down as the biggest hypocrite leader the libs have ever put up.
ICAC for the feds is only one example where 'it wont happen' in 2016, to 'we have taken the initiative to introduce an ICAC' in 2018! He is a grub and only reacts to unpopular press articles!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  16:11:39  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

There are some optimists that say that "every election is winnable", but from this far out from voting day, "optimists" is a very optimistic word.

The only way they will be able to win is if a bunch of asylum seekers commit a mass casualty terrorist attack which allows them to scare the population enough. Sad but true. Maybe I don't have enough faith in the average Australian to see through that rubbish.

The government is cooked. Despite my reservations on some of the social policy I will be voting Labor for the first time in my life. They will do a far better job at looking after the struggling people my age.

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Zac...i believe if tanya or penny were leading the alp..the coalition would be slaughteted

Tanya???? Don't think so.

I think Penny Wong would be able to roll with the punches a lot better without getting hysterical.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 20 Dec 2018 16:15:12
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  16:21:27  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Albo would roll the lot of them I reckon, he seems to be growing more and more popular each day?
SCOMO is a schoolyard bully and will go down as the biggest hypocrite leader the libs have ever put up.
ICAC for the feds is only one example where 'it wont happen' in 2016, to 'we have taken the initiative to introduce an ICAC' in 2018! He is a grub and only reacts to unpopular press articles!

I think the reason they won't rush into it is that some Federal MPs would be very well ****ed if there ever was a Federal ICAC.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  18:47:04  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I believe if the ALP were to change leaders yet again, they'd suffer the same crash in voter support that the Coalition has gone through with the Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  19:07:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

I believe if the ALP were to change leaders yet again, they'd suffer the same crash in voter support that the Coalition has gone through with the Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison stuff.

Yep good point uncle Zac
Scotty and the Libs have done a great job trying to steady the ship, but I think the water is already on the deck

Question for the greenies
Where are the green companies going to get the skills labour to build their infrastructure?

I've been involved in the construction of wind farms for 12+ years and Ive never seen development like it before...ever....its massive...then look at the injection of tesla into the industtry right now
I hope that a Change of government won't harm it....

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Dec 2018 :  23:24:07  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Change is as good as a holiday T1, we need a change from the grubs in power at the moment.
You would have to be living under a rock not to be able to see how rotten this lot is!
They have been forced to do stuff that a responsible government would have been more than keen to do, they are rotten!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2771 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 22 Dec 2018 :  19:54:27  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol

https://twitter.com/AuConservatives/status/1075591785554927617
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 22 Dec 2018 :  23:05:22  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Greens can be dangerous at times but nowhere near as rotten and two faced as the conservatives!

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Dec 2018 :  12:01:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Media is reporting that bob Hawke isn't well and may not Se the next federal election

How will he be remembered ?....I was young when he was in power, so only really remember him as a bit of a larrikin but a leader who clearly has the support of the people over a long time

I met him around 5 years ago and found him to be very carasmatic and intelligent

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 08 Jan 2019 :  17:37:16  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/08/millennial-burnout-anne-helen-petersen

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Jan 2019 :  21:18:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I read that article a few times tommo, trying to work out what she was on about, and the relevance. Youíll have to help me out here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.22 seconds.