V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Jan 2019 :  08:10:22  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The bloke who nailed “a dangerous substance” to various consulates around Australia. Shepparton boy - not Lib or Labor, just a nutter.

EDIT: “Nailed” = “mailed”

ohhh that bloke....

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Jan 2019 :  09:21:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wouldn't say 'Shepp Boy' with a name like his, he ain't a 'local'. I have seen him floating around out front of his house

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Jan 2019 :  11:38:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

wouldn't say 'Shepp Boy' with a name like his, he ain't a 'local'.
Good point. Going by their names, most people in Shepparton aren't locals. So, can I guess: Are you from China?
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 22 Jan 2019 :  12:54:12  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How many candidates are going to run in Warringah?

I believe that there will be too many and they will crowd each other out.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2019 :  14:09:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2019/01/22/10/44/speculation-warren-mundine-will-run-for-liberals-in-gilmore

WOWZA

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  03:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was fortunate to listen to Lt Gen David Morison ex Chief of Army and former Aussie of the Year yesterday at a staff development day, my god was he critical of the Liberal Party for their lack of movement on the gender equality issue - phew!!!

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  07:28:12  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I was fortunate to listen to Lt Gen David Morison ex Chief of Army and former Aussie of the Year yesterday at a staff development day, my god was he critical of the Liberal Party for their lack of movement on the gender equality issue - phew!!!

me too....92% of prisoners in Australia are male...how is that fair ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  10:24:22  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

feminists need to commit more crimes for gender equality!
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  10:32:34  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

feminists need to commit more crimes for gender equality!

no just females

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  12:49:29  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The gender quota thing only panders to one side of the tree and is not the biggest issue with all the two highest levels of government.

The current government could believe that their current low polling numbers could be that there aren't enough female members in parliament. They could go 50/50 with their gender quotas and still poll the same, which would mean that it isn't the problem.

I think the main issues is that there is lack of competent and somewhat intelligent members that get down with the people naturally (ScoMos attempt at been down with the Peeps just seems so put on, and a gender quota wont fix that), a lack of youth and a lack of Aboriginal members.

Local governments can manage to get a broad mix of that and make it work. Why can't it be managed at a State or Federal level?

Edited by - CP on 23 Jan 2019 13:19:26
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  14:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Generally at local Government elections, particularly in regional areas, they are not fought on party lines, but individual lines, I do know that some metropolitan local Government elections are Party driven, but not in the regions

We have a nice cross section here, we have a single mum of 38 through to the aged politician including a current serving policeman, but certainly no long timers

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jan 2019 :  15:55:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Generally at local Government elections, particularly in regional areas, they are not fought on party lines, but individual lines, I do know that some metropolitan local Government elections are Party driven, but not in the regions

We have a nice cross section here, we have a single mum of 38 through to the aged politician including a current serving policeman, but certainly no long timers

our's is run by mostly crooks

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Jan 2019 :  14:46:34  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hadn't heard much from John Anderson for a while.

Federal coalition MPs considering stepping down ahead of this year's election are being urged to consider the impact their choices could have on the government's chances of re-election.

Former Nationals leader and deputy prime minister John Anderson made the appeal in The Australian on Monday after three government ministers revealed they will step down at the next poll within the space of a week.

"I deeply believe that members of the coalition should consider very carefully what they should do, as well as what they would like to do," Mr Anderson told the paper.

He said the departures of experienced MPs would further weaken the government as Australians face a "very stark political choice" between Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Labor leader Bill Shorten.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion, 62, on Saturday became the latest to reveal he would not contest the next election, believing it's simply time for him to go after being in parliament since 2001.

That came after Human Services Minister Michael Keenan, 46, said on Friday he wouldn't be running again to spend more time with his wife and four children aged between six months and seven.

Industrial Affairs Minister Kelly O'Dwyer, 41, announced her retirement plans for family reasons the week before.

Education Minister Dan Tehan says he is not expecting any more of his colleagues to go.

"My expectation is that everyone who hasn't announced their retirement will now be going forward to the next election," he told reporters in Melbourne on Sunday.

Meanwhile, News Corp reports Liberal-turned-Independent MP Julia Banks is considering running against Health Minister Greg Hunt in his Victorian seat of Flinders.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/fleeing-govt-mps-told-consider-election
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 29 Jan 2019 :  00:35:03  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rats deserting a stinking rotten festering ship!
No policies, campaigning on fear, members announcing retirement/separation prior to the next election! The writing is on the wall for the Coalition on the federal level, and, NSW are in the same boat!throw them out!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 29 Jan 2019 :  09:08:59  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Would Warren Mundine fall foul of the government grants thing?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 29.52 seconds.