V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

oldtimer
Team Manager

4211 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  11:08:21  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

You're correct, but I reckon some of the southern rain fall will make it into the system

My recollection is that the Murray Darling Catchment extends well into North Queensland just over the range from the Burdekin catchment.

It has been proposed, for many decades, to divert excess water from the Burdekin westward during the wet season.

Never done, because there aren't enough votes in the North and southern coffee shop greenies will find something to whinge about any changes.

For voter number reference, Bob Katter's electorate is as big as the whole of Victoria and has roughly the numbers of Melbourne's coffee shops (unverified estimate ) .

It certainly would have taken the top off the Townsville floods.

But, then again, if you build on a swamp and a floodplain (Townsville), you can expect to get wet sometimes.

Poor Townsville, after all that water, they are about to be flooded by politicians (all parties) who will do and say anything to get in front of the TV cameras.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5845 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  11:11:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

My recollection is that the Murray Darling Catchment extends well into North Queensland just over the range from the Burdekin catchment.

that is what I thought as well

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2790 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  12:36:44  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-05/queensland-floods-unlikely-to-aid-dry-murray-darling-basin/10780788
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4211 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  12:58:00  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-05/queensland-floods-unlikely-to-aid-dry-murray-darling-basin/10780788

That is because the Politicians didn't divert Burdekin floodwaters westward. Even a little water diverted would help the West and mitigate coastal flooding in the Est.

https://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/story/3295673/beat-the-drought-build-bradfield/
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11207 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  13:38:46  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting how that article is dated from 2015 and even three years ago, one of the people interviewed in it said it was the worst drought at the time.

Even with some rainfall between then and today, I don't think it was ever declared that it was over?

The link Jam3s posted is right. To offer some perspective, my closest dams in NSW sit at 0.5% at Keepit and 3.7% at Manilla. Any water redirection scheme from Queensland appears to go too far west of those two dams.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17832 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  07:52:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
good old greens
live export and they protest till the sun comes down....killing babies isn't a problem tho
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-08/anti-abortion-campaign-ordered-to-stop-ahead-of-by-election/10785096

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5845 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  08:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I find it fascinating that religious people feel it is OK to knock on my door any chance they get, to pay huge amounts to political lobby groups, then get all outraged when something like this happens

I think they forget where the whole 'birth control' thing originated. It was a control put in by the Catholic church hundreds, maybe thousands of years ago to have an agenda of 'forced recruitment', basically make 'birth control' taboo in the eyes of the church forces parents to have more children (in some cases than they can afford) which grows they churches numbers, no abortion - more recruits, no birth control (read 'pill') - more recruits into the fold. I can't understand why any logical thinking person can't see this. Many 'radical' churches like the Catholics have this agenda.

I am not a fan of people using an abortion of 'oh **** I can't be bothered with other birth control', but I am not anti it either, there are cases where it is important.

Religion and politics should never be discussed socially, well I reckon they should NEVER be part of the political discussion either. Religions had heaps of power over the State years ago, but people are wiser now. Want to know how it worked (and in some cases still does aka Abbott / Morrison) then read Power Without Glory by Aussie author Frank Hardy

Edited by - Trev on 08 Feb 2019 08:12:10
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17832 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  08:15:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I find it fascinating that religious people feel it is OK to knock on my door any chance they get, to pay huge amounts to political lobby groups, then get all outraged when something like this happens

I think they forget where the whole 'birth control' thing originated. It was a control put in by the Catholic church hundreds, maybe thousands of years ago to have an agenda of 'forced recruitment', basically make 'birth control' taboo in the eyes of the church forces parents to have more children (in some cases than they can afford) which grows they churches numbers, no abortion - more recruits, no birth control (read 'pill') - more recruits into the fold. I can't understand why any logical thinking person can't see this. Many 'radical' churches like the Catholics have this agenda.

I am not a fan of people using an abortion of 'oh **** I can't be bothered with other birth control', but I am not anti it either, there are cases where it is important.

Religion and politics should never be discussed socially, well I reckon they should NEVER be part of the political discussion either. Religions had heaps of power over the State years ago, but people are wiser now. Want to know how it worked (and in some cases still does aka Abbott / Morrison) then read Power Without Glory by Aussie author Frank Hardy

the first part of your post is garbage...so when is it ok to abort a child ?

just for reference...anybody who wants to know what actually happens watch this from a doctor who has performed thousands of abortions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tzMV9OmvY

back to the original point...is an animals life worth more than a human's ?

Im all for stopping animal cruelty don't get me wrong

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 08 Feb 2019 08:30:20
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9920 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  13:46:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

good old greens live export and they protest till the sun comes down....killing babies isn't a problem tho
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-08/anti-abortion-campaign-ordered-to-stop-ahead-of-by-election/10785096

Why don't you exhume your old 'abortion is illegal' thread? This stuff would fit better there. Trying to make some connection between live sheep exports and your anti-abortion views doesn't really fit this 'General Libs vs ALP' thread.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22426 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  14:03:40  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Zac.
You beat me to it.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2093 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  14:26:18  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

good old greens
live export and they protest till the sun comes down....killing babies isn't a problem tho

The Bilboards are false advertising anyway because it shows a child that has already been born which makes it completely irrelevant to abortion in general.

I wonder why they didn't choose a crying or screaming child in the image (the usual reality), instead of one with a blank look on their face?

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 08 Feb 2019 14:29:42
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17832 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  14:46:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So tommo mate..when is it a baby and when is it just flesh and bones ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9920 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  14:55:58  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definitely now.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2093 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  15:10:44  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So tommo mate..when is it a baby and when is it just flesh and bones ?

When it is out of mums belly.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5845 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  16:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
**** off with your **** T1, you are a road to nowhere in a political thread discussing abortion and politics - I will argue with you no problem about both, but not here

Edited by - Trev on 08 Feb 2019 16:02:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.17 seconds.