V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  18:13:23  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Labor is also "hedging its bets on border control", but more than that, Labor doesn't want to talk about border control at all. Whether it's what Trev said, or whether it's because a lot of Labor voters don't like Labor's current policy, I don't know, but polling is showing that whenever the media is reporting on border security, Labor loses support. Maybe it's just because Bill got it wrong. Anyway, that's why Labor strategists have come up with diversions. Cormann and his free travel is one, and Michaelia Cash and what she knew about the AFP raiding AWU offices is another. Neither is really a big deal, but if it diverts attention from border security and stops Labor losing support, the strategy will be worth it.

Edited by - Zac on 20 Feb 2019 18:37:57
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  18:54:08  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
dirty dirty dirty

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/02/20/hockey-lobbied-for-helloworld/?fbclid=IwAR2D6KjUhSUXXax38flj9zydQgeRdD6tK49ddcPmmEfUVkLss8O0CDz4xUQ

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Labor is also "hedging its bets on border control", but more than that, Labor doesn't want to talk about border control at all. Whether it's what Trev said, or whether it's because a lot of Labor voters don't like Labor's current policy
did you read my post a few back, the policy is the same as Liberals and has been for some time

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 20 Feb 2019 18:57:17
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  19:40:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, I would have read your post a few back, but I don't know which post you mean. That's just the way it is.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  19:54:23  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One big issue is the difference between the Libs and the ALP.....doesn't seem to be any difference
Some ways the ALP were smart in doing deals with the greens to get the left (of centre according to remmy ) on board...and once they were in power they dropped a lot of the green ideas .

My thoughts, doesn't matter if Scotty is our PM or Billy....very little if anything with change....both parties have similar policy's, both party's have corrupt members ( remember Sam ?) same horse different head

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2019 :  06:56:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can agree with that. Although there is still some pretty major fundamental differences

Disappointingly from me is that I reckon Labor has lost their way to try to win the middle class, they need to get back to their roots

Edited by - Trev on 21 Feb 2019 06:57:01
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 21 Feb 2019 :  23:24:03  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am not going for the 'they are all the same bull**** on this! It looks a lot like we have an extremely long list of Liberals who are abusing the trust placed on them by the Australian public! Be honest, the current crop of libs are corrupt to the bone! They cant get through a single week without a new scandal! They are bad people!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?

Edited by - bigem on 21 Feb 2019 23:24:45
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  00:03:55  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One less to vote for now. Julie Bishop will be leaving politics at the upcoming election.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-21/julie-bishop-to-retire/10834480

On another note, whenever I see Michaelia Cash on TV or in news articles, she reminds me of a Cockatoo for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  06:08:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
She does need a new hairdresser - the cockatoo remark is obviously about the way she behaves rather than the way she looks

Bishop is just a tart who sold her soul to whoever won the leadership ballot (except the last one - hmmmm???? why), she never had the gumption to run for the top job in the Libs because she knew she would never win with the extreme righties like Abbott in there

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  07:37:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

I am not going for the 'they are all the same bull**** on this! It looks a lot like we have an extremely long list of Liberals who are abusing the trust placed on them by the Australian public! Be honest, the current crop of libs are corrupt to the bone! They cant get through a single week without a new scandal! They are bad people!

sam dastyari ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/public-deserves-official-probe-on-victorian-alp-corruption-claim-20170915-gyijje.html

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-honestly-can-t-recall-says-alp-fixer-35-times-20180429-p4zcbv.html

just a couple from google

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  08:34:39  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It'd be a close-run contest arguing which side of politics had the longest list of politicians who abused the trust placed in them, wouldn't it? Betraying trust is certainly not confined to any one side of politics. There's heaps more who were not convicted by courts, but were demoted, sacked, banished, etc. for all sorts of rorting, dishonesty and deception who escaped legal proceedings. I think we can let John Curtin off though.

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

the cockatoo remark is obviously about the way she behaves rather than the way she looks

Bishop is just a tart who sold her soul to whoever won the leadership ballot (except the last one - hmmmm???? why), she never had the gumption to run for the top job in the Libs

CP can tell us, but I think she looks like a sulphur crested cockatoo a lot of the time.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=michaelia+cash+images&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=iBmTPVvlu2X6pM%253A%252CFzP0iaXyxu6BpM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kTnoOBRSxJxGRci_JUo3cIW4QM3dA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwir06KY4c3gAhVUSX0KHeioCEAQ9QEwAXoECAQQBg#imgrc=iBmTPVvlu2X6pM:

Julie Bishop never had the gumption to run for the top job in the Libs? She did actually, and saved us from "Prime Minister Dutton".
It depends how you look at things like leadership challenges. For instance, you can be "loyal" if you don't challenge, or be a "backstabber" if you do. In Julie Bishop's case, she nominated when nominations were called. Rudd, Gillard, Shorten and others could learn from that.

I know you're a "rusted on", but history will judge Julie Bishop a lot more accurately and realistically than you. I just looked at a heap of media reports of her resignation, including this one from the "left leaning" ABC: It wasn't fawning over her, but realistic and accurate. Something even the most biased should try sometimes.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-21/julie-bishop-to-walk-away-from-canberra-as-the-ultimate-survivor/10834944

Edited by - Zac on 22 Feb 2019 14:56:07
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  12:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

sam dastyari ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/public-deserves-official-probe-on-victorian-alp-corruption-claim-20170915-gyijje.html

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-honestly-can-t-recall-says-alp-fixer-35-times-20180429-p4zcbv.html

here we go again, just like my twin sons, "mine is badder than yours". "Look at him ,he did it, I didn't" - FFS T1 grow up

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  13:38:01  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

sam dastyari ?

here we go again, just like my twin sons, "mine is badder than yours". "Look at him ,he did it, I didn't" - FFS T1 grow up

You have some serious issues Trev !!!!!!! You act like a spoilt 2 year old

My point is that it's not JUST the current government who have corrupt members but most if not ALL governments have corrupt members !!!!!

I have not once tried to cover up the actions of lib members, but was responding to big ems post.....
Or can't I make that point without you having an embarrassing tanty ?

We are all well aware that your part of V8C boys club and thats why you get away with your pathetic attempt at abusing people, but seriously ....it's getting old and your making yourself look like a pathetic grumpy old man Trev

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 22 Feb 2019 13:40:47
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  14:48:40  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You hit a nerve, T-onne.

It's not just the corruption (on both sides), but the rorting they get away with - and sometimes are forced to repay. "Oh, sorry 'bout that. It was an oversight by one of my staff." Get caught, blame someone, repay, move on. No criminal charges, just rorting. The prime example was Bronwyn Bishop and the helicopter (Trev likes that one), but leading the charge in parliament against Ms Bishop was Tony Burke. The Labor minister who flew first class on holidays with his girlfriend (he used to take his wife and kids), booked in a few days of "government business" attending a 'Food Security Forum', then had a few weeks indulgence in Paris and charged it all to the taxpayer. This guy thinks $2,200,000 in travel expenses in seven years is fine. That averages more than $300,000 per year: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/tony-burke-defends-2-2m-expenses-bill
His mate and fellow Labor minister Chris Bowen came to his defence, and shortly after that, Bowen had to repay money for false travel claims himself. Bowen followed the classic "Oh, sorry 'bout that..." formula I mentioned earlier.

Like bigem said earlier: "These are bad people" (..."and some I assume are good people" )
You're right, Mick. It's not just the current government, but some people are very sensitive about these things.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  16:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No Mick you look pathetic, every time someone posts something negative about the ****ing useless Liberal party you post a contrary post about the Labor party, it is getting old and is making you look childish - every time Mick, go back and look, every ****ing time

Anyway back on topic, has anybody watch the Michael Moore film titled Fahrenheit 11/9 (not 9/11 but 11/9), bloody interesting look at both sides of USA politics

Edited by - Trev on 22 Feb 2019 16:17:51
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2019 :  16:58:15  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wrong thread trev...this about ALPvLIBS

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.23 seconds.