V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  20:24:52  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mate NSW is going great mate, wages and house prices are down and everything else is skyrocketing up.,...smart people like this and want more apparently!! bring on May, if Tony goes, all is worthwhile

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 23 Mar 2019 20:30:07
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  21:00:40  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Huge win by libs
First time in 50 years a government in NSW is re elected for the third time

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 23 Mar 2019 21:05:09
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  21:11:28  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Um, have you heard of Bob Carr?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  21:20:53  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Um, have you heard of Bob Carr?

Good point..going on what they said on the ABC

Bill will have to be very concerned..voters leaving the libs but not going to the ALP..

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Mar 2019 :  22:57:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

.....havnt been following this closely, but weren’t the ALP favourites ?

No. It was 50/50 when the election was called and gradually headed one way towards another Coalition win. Earlier this week it was around $1.50 for the Coalition and $2.50 for Labor following Labor leader Michael Daley's awful week. I actually thought he was a worse chance of winning than the betting agencies did.
https://www.afr.com/news/politics/nsw-political-leaders-fumble-over-details-in-debate-20190321-h1cmbi

Congratulations to Gladys for a well-deserved win. You'd expect a government aiming for a third term would be hit with a protest vote. There was, but it didn't go to Labor. It went to the Shooters and Fishers mainly, and Labor made no net gain at all. However, this was a State election, and it won't translate federally. Scott Morrison was smiling and celebrating tonight like he had won something himself. He'll get a reality check shortly.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  00:02:39  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Labor and Daley where travelling okay then he started talking, lost me completely.
I think Gladys has been doing a pretty good job except for the stadium debacle!
Great to see the Nats got smashed in a lot of the country areas, that would have Scummo a bit scared I reckon, that fugwit won't be smiling like a **** house cat in May!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  07:59:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
good to see a liberal female leading

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  11:37:14  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've never really got with the "Labor good, Liberal bad" or vice versa or whatever when it comes to State politics. There are different ideologies in the different parties at the Federal level, as they control defence, immigration, trade, foreign affairs, broadcasting, media generally, air travel, currency, pensions, social services, most taxes, etc. while the states control roads, rail, hospitals, police, jails, sport and recreation, consumer affairs and emergency services. Both Federal and State governments have some control over health, education, industrial relations, the environment and various other things. Of course there's other things too, but in State politics, it basically comes down to which parties are the better managers.

When it comes to whether you support Labor, Liberal, Green, National etc, there are some big differences between the different parties at a Federal level, but in State politics, as long as State (and territory) governments can manage those basics - and get their fair share of funding from the Feds, there's nowhere near the difference between the parties running our states as there is with the whole country.

In NSW, we've had good, bad and indifferent governments from both sides of politics. Often, it seems that a Labor State government is more Liberal than Labor, and a Liberal government more Labor-like than Liberal. IMHO, i's no big deal. Currently, I think the Libs in NSW have been doing a pretty fair job, and yesterday's result shows that despite various issues, most voters think the same.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  12:13:36  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Water, immigration, health and education issues will have a much bigger bearing in the federal election in May. There is some flow on in the state elections but not enough to boot a sitting government. I thought Barry O'farell was doing a great job but got caught out by a bottle of wine, makes you wonder what will it take to get rid of Dutton? Dirty bastard!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  12:32:54  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The two Nationals seats in my area were pretty safe, even though the Shooters/Fishers/Farmers were doing a big push. Federally, I think the Nats are ****ed.

Kennealy was never elected as a female premier?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2517 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  12:58:55  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

So how many fines will be handed out for non voting by those who enrolled to vote thinking it was only for the same sex marriage survey?

It wasn't?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  14:52:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Kennealy was never elected as a female premier?

No. Kristina Keneally won a party-room ballot to become Premier when Labor was already the Government. She only faced one election as Premier - which she lost. She not only lost, she lost in the biggest landslide against any government in Australian political history.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  15:09:25  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Glad the Libs retained power in NSW. They have run the state well, the budget is under control and and they'll now have another 4 years to finish the big infrastructure projects they started.

It was difficult to imagine Labor running NSW with Michael Daly as Premier. The bloke has no leadership qualities at all to my knowledge. He kept saying Liberals ran a negative campaign but the only policy I heard from Labor was they're against the refurbishment of our main sporting stadiums. I didn't heard one positive thing from them except they would just spend spend spend.

And Daley's comments in the last week of the campaign about Chinese taking Australian jobs surely didn't help the Labor cause.

Would Labor have done any better if Luke Foley was still leader? I doubt it.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  15:21:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Labor is going through a very ordinary period in NSW. Michael Daley looked like a lost cause from the moment he was made Leader of the Opposition and went downhill from there. Banging on about Allianz Stadium didn't cut it, and bumbling, stumbling, lying, getting his figures wrong, and not looking even slightly like Premier material ended up with yesterday's result.

EDIT to add: There is one bloke who IMHO is the natural choice to become leader of the NSW Labor Party - Chris Minns. Switched on, articulate, always on top of his subject. Way ahead of Michael Daley in any comparison you could make. His current problem is hanging on to his seat of Kogarah. It has (I think) the highest concentration of Chinese Australians in any electorate, and his re-election chances weren't helped by Michael Daley's remarks. Minns will win his seat, but you'd want your leader to be in a safe seat. Give him the leadership and he will be.

Edited by - Zac on 24 Mar 2019 17:20:05
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Mar 2019 :  17:15:18  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
good to see a female voted in and leader in her own right...well done to liberal party for backing her in !

is there a sexist problem within the ALP ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.72 seconds.