V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  06:12:18  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
was a good line. shorten won it. liberals did not speak about there pplans just about the past
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2771 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  14:57:19  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fact checking the debate. There results are telling.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-08/fact-checking-the-third-leaders-debate/11093862
Go to Top of Page

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  16:36:43  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So shorten is a truth teller

and morrison is a fibber
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  18:12:35  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wouldn't go that far. They're both politicians, but in the three debates, Shorten had a better handle on facts than Morrison.

I just heard an interesting radio chat discussing how Shorten and Morrison have fared over the past few days. Both had a moment each when they did well coping with attacks on them. Scott Morrison was attacked by the loony girl with the egg, but instead of being made to look foolish, he scored brownie points by showing care and concern for the CWA lady who was knocked down in the melee. He then tried to divert the cameras away so he didn't appear to be grand-standing. The egg girl helped Morrison's image - the opposite of what she was probably trying to achieve. Bill Shorten copped a typical Murdoch/News Limited dirt piece trying to make him look like a liar by omission ("Mother of Invention"). That attack fell over when Shorten returned fire, showing some emotion for a change, and told the facts about his mother. Murdoch's attack dogs looked like the low-lifes they are, and inadvertently improved Shorten's image.

Here we are, a bit over a week of campaigning to go, and the polls are still stuck at around 52/48 two-party preferred with Labor ahead. The same numbers that polls have been returning for a year or two.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  18:39:26  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What I have noticed from the leaders is that Shorten talks policy, Morrison just keeps blaming Labor for the economic mess the LNP has created!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  18:51:43  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I wouldn't go that far. They're both politicians, but in the three debates, Shorten had a better handle on facts than Morrison.

I just heard an interesting radio chat discussing how Shorten and Morrison have fared over the past few days. Both had a moment each when they did well coping with attacks on them. Scott Morrison was attacked by the loony girl with the egg, but instead of being made to look foolish, he scored brownie points by showing care and concern for the CWA lady who was knocked down in the melee. He then tried to divert the cameras away so he didn't appear to be grand-standing. The egg girl helped Morrison's image - the opposite of what she was probably trying to achieve. Bill Shorten copped a typical Murdoch/News Limited dirt piece trying to make him look like a liar by omission ("Mother of Invention"). That attack fell over when Shorten returned fire, showing some emotion for a change, and told the facts about his mother. Murdoch's attack dogs looked like the low-lifes they are, and inadvertently improved Shorten's image.

Here we are, a bit over a week of campaigning to go, and the polls are still stuck at around 52/48 two-party preferred with Labor ahead. The same numbers that polls have been returning for a year or two.

The trouble I see it, is bill...the ALP should have romped home but a lot of people donít trust him. Personality thing ?....but Iím certain, that if penny wong was leading it would be all over.

Even so ALP want them to win, but not happy with bill after he was knee deep in the Rudd/Gillard debacle

Going to be very interesting......

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  23:22:02  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The trouble I see it, is bill...the ALP should have romped home but a lot of people donít trust him. Personality thing ?....but Iím certain, that if penny wong was leading it would be all over.

Even so ALP want them to win, but not happy with bill after he was knee deep in the Rudd/Gillard debacle

Going to be very interesting......

So how deep did you think the school yard bully was in with both Abbott's and Turnbulls demise!
I would rate Bill of far better character than Scott!
And as we have seen, Scott tells a lot more lies than anybody else except Dutton, And Cash, and Cormann, Christ, I reckon I could name the entire Liberal with the truth Party!
Even the Greens have more credibility than the Libs, and that's friggin scary!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  06:38:20  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The greens have zero credibility,

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6112148/greens-stand-by-nt-candidate-after-post/?cs=14231

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  08:11:27  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

The greens have zero credibility,

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6112148/greens-stand-by-nt-candidate-after-post/?cs=14231

they certainly are a zany bunch eh ?.....hopefully they will find a cure for them soon.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  08:20:26  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mmm, an aboriginal calling another aboriginal names...
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  08:40:09  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

so that's ok is it ?

never ever ever ever thought I would say this...I agree with Mark Latham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_72jExJuA

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 11 May 2019 09:11:04
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  10:09:28  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I agree with Mark Latham too. Well, with some of the things he says, but he has offered many different opinions and views.

He has moved from being the leader of the Australian Labor Party to becoming the NSW leader of One Nation, with a brief stop off at the Liberal Democrats on the way through. Also on his way across politics, he spent some time as a political commentator where he could say what he liked without the restrictions of belonging to any political party.

The Greens should have sacked their "coconut" candidate. He had no hope of winning anyway, although his comment as one Aboriginal to another wasn't that bad compared to things said by other candidates who have been sacked - or resigned in the lead up to this election. The sackings/resignations so far:

Liberals: 10
Labor: 4
Nationals: 1
One Nation: 1
Greens: 1
Clive Palmer's Circus of Misfits: 1

They are all still able to be voted for, and although none of them will win, their preferences could make things difficult for others in a few seats.

This was an 'argumentum ad hominem' free post, spoken by Zac on behalf of no particular political party.

Edited by - Zac on 11 May 2019 10:17:50
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  10:17:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
good to see the libs standing by their morals and sacking unfit candidates....pity the left are not as forth coming eh ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  11:39:03  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But really, we should keep in mind all this Govts achievements: https://www.facebook.com/thejuicemedia/videos/600231673792280/

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 May 2019 :  12:57:16  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

so that's ok is it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_72jExJuA

I don't believe it's racism as they are trying to make out...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.19 seconds.