V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  15:02:31  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

This is pretty scummy and insulting to Chinese voters as well:

https://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/liberals-accused-of-misleading-chinese-voters-by-imitating-aec-signage-20190518-p51op4.html

Nothing illegal about it.
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  15:17:38  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

This is pretty scummy and insulting to Chinese voters as well:

https://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/liberals-accused-of-misleading-chinese-voters-by-imitating-aec-signage-20190518-p51op4.html

Nothing illegal about it.

Can't see where I said it was. It's not illegal, it's just dishonest and misleading for a party supposedly all about principles.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  15:38:34  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Ok.....most if not all economics believe our manufacturing industry is practically dead due to mainly high wages....so your plan is to increase them even more ?...and then Mr Joe Punter who was on $800 a week gets a $200 pay rise now he is on $1000....how will joes boss recoup the extra expense ?...by raising his prices ..... and when does that stop ?

Best way IMO is reduce tax....not raise taxes like bill is proposing

So cost of living keeps going up....but wages should stay flat...which will stimulate the economy....ok! Who needs power or to pay insurance and tolls anyway... Also hard to cut tax.....when you don't pay any: https://www.actu.org.au/actu-media/media-releases/2017/732-companies-pay-no-tax-cost-australia-134-billion

I thought it was fairly easy to understand...
But ok mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  16:00:05  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah how dare Joe Punter earn $1k a week...

**** me

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  16:02:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

**** me

Just out of interest.....any of you guys business owners ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  17:56:08  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

**** me

Just out of interest.....any of you guys business owners ?

The issue is competing with overseas companies who can produce items much cheaper than we can thanks to their costs, though I doubt you would agree that what employers pay in China would be humane in Australia? If we need to pay people in Aus a wage which makes it increasingly difficult for them to put food on the table then we need to consider whether those businesses are a viable option in this country or ideally the government introduces measures which make local businesses viable while paying their employees wages which tie in with the increasing living costs of the nation.

If in the past a bottle of milk was 1% of a weekly wage then it should be possible for it to cost 1% of the weekly wage in the modern day, but it doesn't, so we need to investigate why, determine the root causes of that and makes the required changes to re-balance this cost of living.

Allowing the wage gap to continue to grow is not healthy for Australians.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:04:19  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can buy a litre of milk for well under $1......still donít understand your logic mate, but if you want to cease all manufacturing then what jobs could you offer ?
Mining coal perhaps ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:18:20  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You can buy a litre of milk for well under $1......still donít understand your logic mate, but if you want to cease all manufacturing then what jobs could you offer ?
Mining coal perhaps ?

I should have expected my analogy to go over your head. I'm done trying to use common sense to debate with you anymore, it's a waste of time.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:20:22  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Mining coal perhaps ?

I should have expected my analogy to go over your head. I'm done trying to use common sense to debate with you anymore, it's a waste of time.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:42:40  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ok.....most if not all economics believe our manufacturing industry is practically dead due to mainly high wages....so your plan is to increase them even more ?...

quote:
just out of interest.....any of you guys business owners ?

Business owner? Yes. Apart from setting up and running a new division for a national carrier from 1988 to 1993, I've owned and managed three of my own businesses since 1973. The last two I started from scratch. I started one with a $35,000 loan, no staff and no clients, and was turning over $5,000,000 p.a. within 3-4 years. Nothing compared to some others, but it gave me a good insight into working in the Australian economy.

Our manufacturing industry is practically dead due to mainly high wages? Well, yes. That is definitely a major reason why so much industry has gone. We can't compete in clothing, car manufacturing, household electronics, heavy engineering (trains, ships, etc) with China, Thailand, Korea, and many other countries. To put that issue into perspective, Australia's 'average income per annum' is around $80,000 per annum. In Australian dollars, South Korea's is around $46,000, China's is around $20,000 and Thailand's is around $9,000.

I don't think that competing in manufacturing with those countries is realistic any more. I doubt that we could even if we lowered our wages to those levels. Forget that argument. We have a high standard of living, even if it has dropped in recent years. Keeping wages flat - or reducing them isn't the answer. Read up on how we maintain our living standards without competing in manufacturing with those more efficient countries with lower living standards.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:42:49  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
(Dreaded double post.)

Edited by - Zac on 18 May 2019 18:45:45
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  18:48:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Ok.....most if not all economics believe our manufacturing industry is practically dead due to mainly high wages....so your plan is to increase them even more ?...

quote:
just out of interest.....any of you guys business owners ?

Business owner? Yes. Apart from setting up and running a new division for a national carrier from 1988 to 1993, I've owned and managed three of my own businesses since 1973. The last two I started from scratch. I started one with a $35,000 loan, no staff and no clients, and was turning over $5,000,000 p.a. within 3-4 years. Nothing compared to some others, but it gave me a good insight into working in the Australian economy.

Our manufacturing industry is practically dead due to mainly high wages? Well, yes. That is definitely a major reason why so much industry has gone. We can't compete in clothing, car manufacturing, household electronics, heavy engineering (trains, ships, etc) with China, Thailand, Korea, and many other countries. To put that issue into perspective, Australia's 'average income per annum' is around $80,000 per annum. In Australian dollars, South Korea's is around $46,000, China's is around $20,000 and Thailand's is around $9,000.

I don't think that competing in manufacturing with those countries is realistic any more. I doubt that we could even if we lowered our wages to those levels. Forget that argument. We have a high standard of living, even if it has dropped in recent years. Keeping wages flat - or reducing them isn't the answer. Read up on how we maintain our living standards without competing in manufacturing with those more efficient countries with lower living standards.

I agree with pretty much everything you said....but whatís your answer if it isnít, lower taxes

Btw looks like tony is goooone....facist,violence vandalism won after all eh ?

God helps us all.......I hope you lefty are on the right track, if not our country is seriously stuffed ....... I for one have serious concern for our freedom

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 18 May 2019 18:53:53
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  20:28:47  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cya later Abbott :)
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  21:27:41  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cya Bill

Who would have thought eh ?...the Polls are pure crap...after trump,brexit and this election...questions have got to be asked if itís corrupt polling

Surely surely....if Bill looses this he has got to go.....reminds me of a skinny Kym Beasley

Lmao...Peter Dutton quotes Paul Keating in his acceptance speech ...

Great night to be an Aussie and proves that the left run our media and despite their lies,vandalism and violence Australians seek the truth and are not stupid
Democracy is the winner tonight

This election is all about climate change LIE

Gotta feel for ole mate who put all that cash on a ALP victory

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 18 May 2019 21:57:20
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  22:29:13  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I'm very disappointed, but credit where it is due, the liberal QLD'ers did well to secure it this campaign. I fear for the environment and the quality of our public services the most and hope the coalition comes around to the importance of these in insuring a healthy future for the country.

If nothing else i hope the libs at least have some stability at the top so there can be more direction and emphasis on running the nation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 26.81 seconds.